Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else not impressed with the 80mm 9 blade fan combo? My buddy just got one of these and it’s not very fast, not that it’s suppose to be a speed demon but it really isn’t that impressive.

Comment

• For a PNP unit, one that draws roughly 100A and that is reasonably priced, I have been impressed with the performance of the new 80mm EDF 9-blade 1920kv inrunner motor system.

This may sound obvious, but can be easily overlooked, but did you calibrate the ESC's throttle range?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
        For a PNP unit, one draws roughly 100A, and that is reasonably priced, I have been impressed with the performance of the new 80mm EDF 9-blade 1920kv inrunner motor system.

This may sound obvious, but can be easily overlooked, but did you calibrate the ESC's throttle range?
        Sounds like the classic non-ESC calibration. The T-33 can boogie

Comment

• Yeah, I have yet to meet anyone that has said the T-33's performance isn't impressive on the stock power system.

Comment

• Mine is quite fast but then, I did the throttle calibration.

Comment

• ESC Manual

Well, Freewing should have mentioned in there manual about this specific ESC how to calibrate it and how to adjust it if necessary ore wanted by the pilot.
              The manual can be found I thought some where here in this threat.

grts Hans

Comment

• Mine was very impressive! Do a little troubleshooting. Loved that jet :(

Comment

• Hans,

ESC programming guide is located in the Support tab of each plane that uses it.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...iles/fwesc.pdf
                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrthog View Post
                    Anyone else not impressed with the 80mm 9 blade fan combo? My buddy just got one of these and it’s not very fast, not that it’s suppose to be a speed demon but it really isn’t that impressive.
                    Not sure what your looking for speed wise. Everyone here thinks mine is pretty quick. .
                    Mike
                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Programmed esc , still pretty weak IMO, not my plane just thought it would be faster than my FMS viper but it’s not even close in comparison. 🤷‍♂️ Just had me thinking the twin mig29s I have in order are gona be dogs as well

Comment

• Something is definitely not right then, the T-33 is a speed demon.
                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          Hans,

ESC programming guide is located in the Support tab of each plane that uses it.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...iles/fwesc.pdf
                          Hi

Not true checked it for both eu and states

T-33 Shooting Star USAF 80mm EDF Jet - PNP from Freewing - FJ21715P Version Info: This version of the T-33 now comes with the updated 3658-2150KV inrunner brushless motor with 12-Blade EDF. Motion RC is excited to announce the new Freewing T-33 Shooting Star in 1/9.5 scale. Honoring the popular T-33 that flew with over

T-33 Shooting Star USAF 80mm EDF Jet - PNP from Freewing - FJ21715P Version Info: As of 4/28/2023 this model now comes with the upgraded 3658-2150Kv inrunner brushless motor and a newly designed 12-Blade EDF. Motion RC is excited to announce the new Freewing T-33 Shooting Star in 1/9.5 scale. Honoring the popular T-33

grts Hans

Comment

• I always do an ESC throttle calibration on every plane I have prop or EDF. Just one more of the things to add to your pre test flight check list, before flying IMHO

Comment

• Many people at my field and at events I attend remark on how fast the T-33 is.

Are you sure the batteries were up to the task?

Comment

• I have a T-33! I love it was a little Disappointed in the speed. Is there a way to calibrate the ESC. I am running a gen ace 45c 5000 pack. It just does seem to perform like the video with the speed. Any suggestions would be great

Comment

• Originally posted by ClintonStrate View Post
                                  I have a T-33! I love it was a little Disappointed in the speed. Is there a way to calibrate the ESC. I am running a gen ace 45c 5000 pack. It just does seem to perform like the video with the speed. Any suggestions would be great
                                  I'd stick it on a watt meter first. Make sure to rule out the batter(ies) especially under load.

You can calibrate the ESC. Look at the Hobbywing ESC manual. Basically, plug the battery into the model, turn the radio on with the throttle on high and wait for two beeps if I recall correctly, then reduce throttle to zero. It should be calibrated. There should be a manual for the T-33 in the support section on the MRC web page. If not, check another plane that shares the ESC, they're all the same for the 100A's.

PS - I've tested my "good batteries" against my "bad batteries". Both brand new, or nearly so. The "good batteries" are good for 7 more mph on the top end. I didn't expect that kind of a difference, but it's there. If you have really poor batteries it could explain the issue.

Comment

• The best way to calibrate the ESC to your TX throttle stick:

1. Turn on the radio, move the throttle to full.
                                    2. Plug in the battery, and as soon as you hear the first beeps stop from the ESC, move the throttle stick to off.
                                    3. Unplug, turn off everything, then back on to test. You should be good to go from there.
                                    Pat

Comment

• I have a 80 mm fan from my late Eflight F4 phantom. Does anyone know if it will drop in fit the T 33 without modifications??

Comment

• Originally posted by Cws View Post
                                        I have a 80 mm fan from my late Eflight F4 phantom. Does anyone know if it will drop in fit the T 33 without modifications??
                                        The FMS shroud is longer than the Freewing one and a touch larger in diameter.

It will require modifications, but they're not too bad.

Comment

• I really like how my T-bird handles, especially after removing the nose weights. Now the nose doesn’t drop as fast on knife edge. Might even attempt to hold it for the length of our 650 ft runway next time. For now quite content with how the point rolls and basic aerobatics feels. Aiming for precise handling then flat out speed flying. Thinking about what other moves I want to include in aerobatic routine. Any suggestions?

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                                          Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                                          Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

Working...
                                          X