• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
    Clint Walker as I remember,

That's Him! ]
    HW, looks good to me. LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looks great to me Elbee!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Well back in April you all convinced me I should have. It took awhile but finally got it. Not the prettiest but it’s mine. Can’t wait to get it in the air. Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	3B47D4E3-5AE7-47B7-B52C-53CD4ED2987D.jpeg
Views:	632
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	355806
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ArrowPilot View Post
          Well back in April you all convinced me I should have. It took awhile but finally got it. Not the prettiest but it’s mine. Can’t wait to get it in the air. Thanks
          AP, looks menacing to me. Nice work and congrats. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

AP, looks menacing to me. Nice work and congrats. Best, LB
            Thank you sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArrowPilot View Post
              Well back in April you all convinced me I should have. It took awhile but finally got it. Not the prettiest but it’s mine. Can’t wait to get it in the air. Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	3B47D4E3-5AE7-47B7-B52C-53CD4ED2987D.jpeg
Views:	632
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	355806
              Is their such thing as a bad lookin corsair,, i think not. It looks awsome in the air ,, and on the ground... good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                Is their such thing as a bad lookin corsair,, i think not. It looks awsome in the air ,, and on the ground... good luck
                Yup, I agree. Thanks, My dad worked for Vought Sikorsky Aircraft in Connecticut prior to going overseas in World War II. Remember the stories he used to tell about building the F4U-Corsairs.

Comment

• Agreed. I have yet in my entire life ever to have seen a Corsair that wasn't beautiful, yours included!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Update... After trials centering the big prop to 0/0 and the incident with the flap servo, all is pretty good. I replaced the flap servo and it's working great. I also bought and installed an AR8360T with As3X. I had to admit that I couldn't "feel" the airplane yawing initially. Getting to the stick was always a fraction late, even if you know it's coming. So I bowed down to using a gyro. This is not a bad thing as some planes just need it. And I kinda forced the issue anyway. So, now it flies on rails. I still need to watch the right rudder as the torque from this thing is a lot. I will keep tweaking the rudder gain until it's right. (She does try to ground loop when the tail comes down.) But I had 3 great flights this morning including all aerobatics, spins, stalls, and touch and goes at full and half flaps. I do like the take-offs better with just a smidge of flap. She has massive presence in all phases. Really a Corsair thru and thru! Oh, and that camo... sometimes it's like watching 2 Stars-n-Bars moving thru space!
                    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on the subject. Got er all together and going over everything twice before the maiden. Discovered that the springs in the landing struts when they are compressed with the weight of the plane will not rebound. I found that there was another set of spring that where included and I took the struts apart and honed, polished and lubed everthing and installed the heavy springs. Seems to work better. Am I OK doing that??? Thanks,

Comment

• I wrote in a not too distant post that I exchanged the springs for Tygon (gas/yellow) fuel tubing on this one. Find tubing that is just smaller that the inner wall of the strut. Cut it to length so it just pushes the set screw to the end of the slot. Grease it all up with Lithion grease (doesn't eat fuel tubing or rubber). You will not get the same amount of travel any more. You will get a strut that plants when it touches down and does not rebound. You do not want this a/c to bounce! I do this with all my planes at this point. I haven't found once were it's detrimental. The springs are almost always bad for landings!

I used the yellow, harder tubing this time because the softer glow fuel tubing (blue) that I usually use will slide into the slot and become cut after so many compressions. Put just enough in to get the strut to always extend. Cut the other side to an equal length. Use the grease. Don't run it dry. I'm telling ya, it works great once you figure it out.

Real planes don't use springs and they don't rebound.
                        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                          I wrote in a not too distant post that I exchanged the springs for Tygon (gas/yellow) fuel tubing on this one. Find tubing that is just smaller that the inner wall of the strut. Cut it to length so it just pushes the set screw to the end of the slot. Grease it all up with Lithion grease (doesn't eat fuel tubing or rubber). You will not get the same amount of travel any more. You will get a strut that plants when it touches down and does not rebound. You do not want this a/c to bounce! I do this with all my planes at this point. I haven't found once were it's detrimental. The springs are almost always bad for landings!

I used the yellow, harder tubing this time because the softer glow fuel tubing (blue) that I usually use will slide into the slot and become cut after so many compressions. Put just enough in to get the strut to always extend. Cut the other side to an equal length. Use the grease. Don't run it dry. I'm telling ya, it works great once you figure it out.

Real planes don't use springs and they don't rebound.
                          Thank you sir. Will do.

Comment

• Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I am going to the Motion RC site and clicking on support on the Corsair page and the links for the STL files are not there. Does anyone know where to download them for the cockpit prints please.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevBell View Post
                              Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I am going to the Motion RC site and clicking on support on the Corsair page and the links for the STL files are not there. Does anyone know where to download them for the cockpit prints please.
                              KB, Welcome to "Hobby Squawk". Which Corsair version are you building? There are different cockpit files for the "Birdcage" and the "Bubble-Top". Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

KB, Welcome to "Hobby Squawk". Which Corsair version are you building? There are different cockpit files for the "Birdcage" and the "Bubble-Top". Best, LB
                                Hi Mate, it's the Bubble top. (FlightLine F4U-1D Corsair "Bubble Top" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP [FLW3041P] Motion RC Europe [FLW3041P] Motion RC Europe​ ) Just bought it last night, should be here sometime next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevBell View Post
                                  Hi Mate, it's the Bubble top. Just bought it last night, should be here sometime next week.
                                  FlightLine_Corsair_Bubble_Top_Cockpit_3DPUP-stl_files.zip

KB, These are the OEM STL files. Let me know if you have any issues downloading the Zip File.

You will need to be creative for the install as both the sides and the IP are not 'drop-in and glue'.

I know there are many posts in this thread, but if you filter using "photos only" you can get an idea of what you'll need to do.

Hugh Wiedman did a nice job of installing the OEM parts. Check his posts in this thread, too. A

I don't know your CAD abilities, but you can adjust the OEM STL files to better fit the cockpit by trimming sections away in your CAD program or even in some slicer programs.

I use Prusa Slicer 2.5.0 and TinkerCAD for most everything I do.

Hope this all helps. Best, Steve
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

[ATTACH]n358827[/ATTACH]

KB, These are the OEM STL files. Let me know if you have any issues downloading the Zip File.

You will need to be creative for the install as both the sides and the IP are not 'drop-in and glue'.

I know there are many posts in this thread, but if you filter using "photos only" you can get an idea of what you'll need to do.

Hugh Wiedman did a nice job of installing the OEM parts. Check his posts in this thread, too. A

I don't know your CAD abilities, but you can adjust the OEM STL files to better fit the cockpit by trimming sections away in your CAD program or even in some slicer programs.

I use Prusa Slicer 2.5.0 and TinkerCAD for most everything I do.

Hope this all helps. Best, Steve
                                    Thanks Steve, all downloaded perfect mate. I owe you one.
                                    Just got a message from the courier's and mine is due for delivery on Monday., 17th. Brill service.
                                    I also use Tinkercad for basic stuff mate and Freecad or Fusion 360 for other stuff. All good in there own right.

Comment

• Originally posted by KatManDEW View Post
                                      Any one have any recomendations on purchasing a 3D printer? Like brand and model, and desirable features?
                                      Anycubic Vyper mate. I had never had one before and it was so easy to set up. Brill.

Comment

• Well, kits arrived all in good condition, and I have ordered the sound system. Funny it's our lasses Christmas present to me, but I have paid for it....Some madness in there somewhere....🤡🤡🤡

Comment

• Steve,
                                          Just signed up on hobbysquak today. I am planning on ordering the birdcage(F4U-1) for x-mas and was wondering if you could send the cockpit files for the birdcage version. I have read everything on the Motion Corsair I can find on the net and this is my favorite plane. This plane sounds like the ultimate kit out there today in electric scale. Thank you in advance Rex

Comment

Working...
                                          X