X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FLTRI View Post

Hey Shirty (and Motion RC team). What's the status of getting this beauty in Oz, or Europe? Any movement on that? Sure would like to see the rest of the world join in on the fun...
    No news yet. I know alpha is looking into it still and the boys at motion have been very busy helping get you yanks your p38s. So far I can only nod, smile politely and look on enviously. ;)

Hopefully they will have something for Aussies soon. This is killing me lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

No news yet. I know alpha is looking into it still and the boys at motion have been very busy helping get you yanks your p38s. So far I can only nod, smile politely and look on enviously. ;)

ROFL,

I bet it is!!! Go, Go Alpha!!!

John

Comment

• Vegemite sandwiches for everyone soon :)
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
          Vegemite sandwiches for everyone soon :)
          Yummy!!!!!
          The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FLTRI View Post
            No Alpha, I'm not going to be able to make it, life got in the way. I'll be there in spirit, and can't wait to see pictures and videos...
            Tell life to fall in line so you can come fly with us! If you don't come this weekend we'll put a photo of you in a trainer plane and pass it around for everyone to try ramming in mid-air. Or worse, put a photo of you in something other than a corvette. Ha!

Great wall mount by the way, simple but effective.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Arycon View Post
              Really contemplating a sound system on this plane. It is the first plane I own I can reasonably add a sound system to with assurance the model can handle the weight. Has anyone attempted to add one yet? Any recommendations for a good sound system? How difficult are they to install?.
              G'day mate. I have 5 sets of the mr RC sound system in different planes, all I can say is I love it. Very easy to install, it's simply a small computer board, and the speakers mount to the foam.

There are vids on my YouTube, and a complete installation guide on my blog on rcg. (I need to move all that stuff over here somewhere). I have the 4.1 version, but a new upgraded one (called the aspire), will be available from Andrew at mr RC sound very soon. Well worth waiting for the new one, big upgrades apparently and a much better sound, wider range, and extra auxiliary sounds.

The version 4.1 has 6 engine sounds (you change sounds by pushing a button on the card), and with some extra channels and male to make servo leads, you get 3 auxiliary sounds - typically these are guns, cannons, and voices commands like "clear prop" etc. Each engine sound has slightly different auxiliary sounds, ie the Merlin has the "whistle" for the p51.

The new unit (the aspire) will apparently detect high speed and dives, and add the whistle automatically for the relevant engine sound.

Just copy n paste the below links into your browser.

Here's a link to the mr RC sound aspire thread.

Here's a link to my rcg blog, with install notes and info on the version 4.1, photos and vid.
              RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I know a lot about this system and I'm a big fan of it, obviously. I also intend to put one in the p38.

I've also heard good things about the bendini sound system, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Hope it helps. :)

Ps: since there is no blog on hobbysqawk, I've been contemplating starting a thread with all my info and vids from my blog at rcg. Ill try to get all that info over here soon.

Cheers. :)

Comment

• LOVE vegemite sandwiches. :)

Comment

G'day mate. I have 5 sets of the mr RC sound system in different planes, all I can say is I love it. Very easy to install, it's simply a small computer board, and the speakers mount to the foam.

There are vids on my YouTube, and a complete installation guide on my blog on rcg. (I need to move all that stuff over here somewhere). I have the 4.1 version, but a new upgraded one (called the aspire), will be available from Andrew at mr RC sound very soon. Well worth waiting for the new one, big upgrades apparently and a much better sound, wider range, and extra auxiliary sounds.

The version 4.1 has 6 engine sounds (you change sounds by pushing a button on the card), and with some extra channels and male to make servo leads, you get 3 auxiliary sounds - typically these are guns, cannons, and voices commands like "clear prop" etc. Each engine sound has slightly different auxiliary sounds, ie the Merlin has the "whistle" for the p51.

The new unit (the aspire) will apparently detect high speed and dives, and add the whistle automatically for the relevant engine sound.

Just copy n paste the below links into your browser.

Here's a link to the mr RC sound aspire thread.

Here's a link to my rcg blog, with install notes and info on the version 4.1, photos and vid.
                  RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I know a lot about this system and I'm a big fan of it, obviously. I also intend to put one in the p38.

I've also heard good things about the bendini sound system, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Hope it helps. :)

Ps: since there is no blog on hobbysqawk, I've been contemplating starting a thread with all my info and vids from my blog at rcg. Ill try to get all that info over here soon.

Cheers. :)
                  As soon as I maiden mine, I'm going to put the MR RCsound in it. The problem is finding where to put the stuff. Alpha suggested that there might be room behind the motors for the transducers but I want to put in the 2 transducers, 1 bass transducer and the supplemental amp board...........should give me something to do for awhile. :s
                  Cheers,
                  Andy

Comment

Sounds like a good reason for you to come visit the US and take one home as a souvenir.

Comment

• Like I need a excuse lol. I'm sooo keen to visit the USA, especially to catch up with a lot of you blokes and have a fly. Hopefully not to far in the distant future. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Tell life to fall in line so you can come fly with us! If you don't come this weekend we'll put a photo of you in a trainer plane and pass it around for everyone to try ramming in mid-air. Or worse, put a photo of you in something other than a corvette. Ha!

Great wall mount by the way, simple but effective.
                        Haha, right? I retired in December, who knew I'd get so busy... Pretty much every plane I fly is a trainer, I'm a pretty new pilot. Every time I advance the throttle, it's a learning experience... ;)
                        I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                        ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

• PlaneCrazy....I've been considering the sound system also. Regarding the transducers I was thinking of going in through the bottom of the nacelles, between the motor and the wheel bay. The panel lines can serve as guides and also help hide the surgery.

Woody

Comment

• The build will trickle from now 'til after SEFF. It's time to start prepping planes, gathering gear and loading the mini.
                            Guns and counter weights are mounted. Have also started applying markings.
                            I'll finish it up upon our return.

Woody
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Arycon. I've done two sound sets with Mr RC Sound. On an FMS 1400mm T-28 with one amp and two speakers and another on an FMS 1700mm P-47 with two amps and four speakers. They are fantastic and get everybody's attention. They can be cranked up to be louder than glow or gas. You should have an extra radio channel so you can do gun sounds as well. With the P-47 I also installed the led kits so that the gun tubes flashed orange in sync with the gun sounds. Awesome! The main thing is that the transducer has a ring at the front of the cone that must be glued to the inside of the plane. The mating surface MUST be flat. If there is any flaw in the contact between the transducer ring and the plane, it will vibrate loose. I used 30 min epoxy with no problems. The area surrounding the cone need not be perfectly flat, but just excavated enough so that the full range of cone movement is not impeded. Be sure to get the computer chip that has the sounds of the P-38. And yes, as the throttle is advanced, the sounds advance in pitch as well. It even has a startup and shutdown engine sound sequence that is totally realistic. Some of my club members actually worked on these engines and give the sounds a thumbs up.

Comment

• xviper2 I'd like to know how it goes with the pair of Turnigy 3000's. Are these the 60C?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chalredline1 View Post
                                  xviper2 I'd like to know how it goes with the pair of Turnigy 3000's. Are these the 60C?
                                  I have the Turnigy 30-40C, 4s, weighing in at 349g each. The 3600, Admiral Pros are 50C and weigh in at 379g each. The Turnigies are 60g lighter as a pair (about 2 oz.) The Pros are pushed all the way back in the tray and balance at 65mm with just a wee bit of nose heavy. The Turnigies, on the other hand, pushed all the way back, balance perfectly at 65mm. May have to add a bit of tail weight to get it to balance at 70mm but I'll see how it flies at 65mm first. Hope to do that in a couple of days.
                                  My Turnigies weigh less than what it says on the HobbyKing site for those batteries. They don't list a 60C one. The closest in weight to the Pro would be their Graphine at 65C if you can believe the weights they give.

Comment

• The one I was looking at is the Turnigy heavy duty 4S 3000mah 60C. It says it weighs in at 370g

Hobbyking - the world's No1 Online Hobby Store. We stock a huge selection of RC products from Planes right through to Drones and all accessories. Visit Us Today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chalredline1 View Post
                                      The one I was looking at is the Turnigy heavy duty 4S 3000mah 60C. It says it weighs in at 370g

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
                                      I'll be darned. I looked at their list of all Turnigy 4s batteries and it's not listed there. It's under a different list. I would have preferred the HD ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruffneckx1 View Post
                                        PlaneCrazy....I've been considering the sound system also. Regarding the transducers I was thinking of going in through the bottom of the nacelles, between the motor and the wheel bay. The panel lines can serve as guides and also help hide the surgery.

Woody
                                        Woody,
                                        When I get the plane out of the box..........maybe this weekend...........I'll take a look. That's where Alpha was suggesting. Between the two of us we will find space for the system.

Andy

Comment

• Let me know how you go boys. I'm keen to put a sound system in this one as well so interested to see what you come up with. Cheers. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X