Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, interesting. I just wonder why it's there if it has no obvious function or purpose. It doesn't provide a link to the thread that supposedly says I am subscribed too to see what those specific people posted, and a negative 1 is even more strange. LOL

Comment

• Personally, I just click on the"notifications" when I log in, which takes me to the genarl page, click on notifications again and go from there. Another interesting thing is that it shows the inbox on the right (after I've clicked "notifications" once) but I have to click the "in box" in the left hand column to see the latest inbox entries.
      I just got used to it but it is strange when I think about it.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• T-CAT,
        Make sure that you have the appropriate boxes checked in the "general" section of Notifications in your User Settings of your profile.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks OV10. I just checked to be sure, and all looks well already. the strange thing is that I get notifications from subscriptions all the time and they end up being perfect with the link to the thread below in which the notification belongs too. However, the notification I get and had many since I've joined is the one I pictured above (and from Mark each time; ha-ha), and it never has a link to any thread associated with it, and always has a negative number of other users supposedly who made a post on that subscription as well. That's why it's so strange.

Comment

• Looking SWEEET Aros, not sure I could be that brave, things get a bit blurry at dusk for me :rolleyes:
            rc flyin addict

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
              Hmm, interesting. I just wonder why it's there if it has no obvious function or purpose. It doesn't provide a link to the thread that supposedly says I am subscribed too to see what those specific people posted, and a negative 1 is even more strange. LOL
              I was doing some system testing. I replied to your post and then I deleted my reply. That's the reason for the -1
              this system is too smart sometimes.

Comment

• Ah, thanks Mark. That makes sense now. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                  Yes, since 4mm UP is neutral, that becomes your starting point. I don't use a mix for flap -> ELE. My flap deployment is so slow (~5 seconds per step) that it is extremely easy to manually adjust. In fact, if you set the deployment slow enough, you won't even need any ELE compensation (manual or otherwise) since the plane settles in nicely as it slows down with increasing flap.
                  If a 4mm elevator up is the neutral start point and the flap/elevator mix drop for the elevator is 1.5mm down at flap L/R and 3mm down at flap H/R, it's my understanding that when the flaps drop, the elevator drops to keep the plane from ballooning. But if the neutral point of the elevator is 4mm up and 1.5mm/3mm consecutively when the flaps drop, the elevator is still in the up position, which will cause the plane to balloon even further. I haven't flown her yet, because I'm at the flap/elevator mix and see your post, I'll have to try your no mix idea.
                  Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsmith View Post

My FL upgraded struts were purchased just before they went out of stock again with motion so probably a later production run. I did NOT have to make any modifications on the nose wheel strut to get the C clip on. When I first tried to put the c clip on it looked like a tight fit...I was able to loosen a grub screw and raise the post up a bit to easily get the C clip on.
                    Here's a way of installing the FL upgraded struts that makes it allot less trouble for those who have yet to install the nose wheel strut. What I did, after carefully removing the strut/ trunnion assembly from the retract unit, was loosen all the grub screws for the strut as well as the steering arm. Then you just slide the trunnion, the steering arm, and the strut all off of the shaft like shrimp on a skewer, keeping track of steering arm orientation. Then it's a piece of cake to remove the c-clip from the shaft. Next, do the same with the new strut sliding the steering arm and strut off the shaft. Now take that pesky little c-clip and put it on the new shaft groove without any other parts on the shaft. Waaaaay easier. Then slide the trunnion, steering arm, and strut on against the c-clip, one at a time aligning the grub screws with the flat spots on the shaft and tightening as you go. Be sure not make the mistake I made and put the new strut on pointing backwards! Then carefully replace the strut/trunnion assembly back into the retract unit and bingo! it's ready to install in the plane. Give it a shot, Brad

Comment

• Mine ballooned excessively even with slow deploy flap, I had to add some down ele in the mix. On your maiden just re trim the ele w down flap then measure the ele position when you land, now adj your mix to match the new position.
                      rc flyin addict

Comment

• CEO of Openhobby tells me that the China factory screwed up the mold of the elevator, but corrected the problem. However the elevator was still being put out from the old mold anyway and this is why the elevator is 4mm at neutral. Anybody have an issue with this? I don't see any physical discrepancies with mine.

I'm still confused as to why the elevator is supposed to be up 4mm at neutral and down 1.5mm at half flaps and 3mm at full flaps. The elevator is still in the up position, causing the plane to balloon when flaps are dropped. Motion tells me that that is normal on real planes as it creates a flare effect for landing.:dodgy:
                        Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Could be that the incidence angle is wrong, and that's why it needs "up" elevator. This may be what they're talking about when the say the mold is wrong.

Mine flies just fine this way, and I only use half flaps for landing (I'm blessed with long smooth runways).
                          Pat

Comment

• Man just rub it in. Wish we we're all that lucky.
                            Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

G'day mate. I have 5 sets of the mr RC sound system in different planes, all I can say is I love it. Very easy to install, it's simply a small computer board, and the speakers mount to the foam.

There are vids on my YouTube, and a complete installation guide on my blog on rcg. (I need to move all that stuff over here somewhere). I have the 4.1 version, but a new upgraded one (called the aspire), will be available from Andrew at mr RC sound very soon. Well worth waiting for the new one, big upgrades apparently and a much better sound, wider range, and extra auxiliary sounds.

The version 4.1 has 6 engine sounds (you change sounds by pushing a button on the card), and with some extra channels and male to make servo leads, you get 3 auxiliary sounds - typically these are guns, cannons, and voices commands like "clear prop" etc. Each engine sound has slightly different auxiliary sounds, ie the Merlin has the "whistle" for the p51.

The new unit (the aspire) will apparently detect high speed and dives, and add the whistle automatically for the relevant engine sound.

Just copy n paste the below links into your browser.

Here's a link to the mr RC sound aspire thread.

Here's a link to my rcg blog, with install notes and info on the version 4.1, photos and vid.
                              RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I know a lot about this system and I'm a big fan of it, obviously. I also intend to put one in the p38.

I've also heard good things about the bendini sound system, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Hope it helps. :)

Ps: since there is no blog on hobbysqawk, I've been contemplating starting a thread with all my info and vids from my blog at rcg. Ill try to get all that info over here soon.

Cheers. :)
                              Hello,
                              Have you or anybody installed the sound system in the flightline P-38? any posts or videos showing the flightline P-38 with sound? I'm looking for advice to put this sound in my P-38.
                              Thanks

Comment

• Strange...Tonight I took mine out for a casual pre-dusk sortie before the rain comes back in for the weekend...Took her up and she looked and acted tail heavy. At one point she even entered into the dreaded Spin of Doom that usually occurs with a motor seize but I didn't panic, relaxed the sticks and was able to pull her out of it. I brought her down but man it was a battle.

Sure enough I checked CG and it is tail heavy based on my original CG markers by about 10mm but I have no idea how? Nothing has changed, my batteries are always in the same exact spot. I didn't add any weight to her...All the control surfaces and power looks to be just fine. I didn't want to tempt fate so I brought her home with only about 10% battery drain.

She seemed to want to really roll excessively in turns...I wasn't giving any more rudder in the turns then usual. Just one of those flights you can't explain?
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hmm, sounds as though something has worked itself loose, maybe check in the back of the booms or shake it and see if anything rattles, you probably have already tried that, but even something light at the end of the boom would have a fulcrum-like effect. Short of that, could it be moisture??
                                  Just brainstorming for you......

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• A few shots from flying the P-38 this morning. It is amazing how slow you can get this beast for its weight. Flaps up, it can move quite nicely and flaps down and it becomes a big Cub. Makes for some really fun and interesting photo passes.

Comment

• Great pictures DeltaDart!!
                                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Thanks for the tips...Yeah I can't find anything wrong so far...Odd. Dang ghost in the machine! DeltaDart...Sweet pics!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Good morning all,
                                          Heres some pics of Skidoo that was on static display yesterday at the Jacqueline Cochran Air show yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                          X