Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning people. Can you tell me where you are getting these props please ? I got a 8x8 em apc from them. And to run the six cell setup what. ESC are you running ? Please let me know thanks giddyuperic@gmail.com

Comment

• All stock with an APC 7x7E prop. I don’t think it’s the prop causing the left roll. It’s the speed. I was able to get the left roll in a power dive on 4s. I’m going stiffen the fuse laterally and square up the wing saddle. May do gap seals on the ailerons, one of my aileron servos has some play in the gears so that might be causing the roll.
      Anyway my roll isn’t so bad that it can’t be controlled and might help in a pylon race. Like a NASCAR racer always wants to turn left on the straights. Moving a foamy through the air above 140, bad things could happen...

Comment

• Weather wasn't good for flying today , So I designed some servo control arm covers. Turned out pretty good... I will have to check all the clearances Monday to see if they really came out with enough room.
        Printed in Esun PLA+, 100% infill, .2 layer height.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by TaSaJaRa View Post
          Weather wasn't good for flying today , So I designed some servo control arm covers. Turned out pretty good... I will have to check all the clearances Monday to see if they really came out with enough room.
          Printed in Esun PLA+, 100% infill, .2 layer height.
          They look awesome TaSaJaRa! Can you extend the sides so they fully cover the black on the servo?

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

They look awesome TaSaJaRa! Can you extend the sides so they fully cover the black on the servo?
            Thanks....
            Sure I can adjust it a bit...Printing the 3rd design now. Made the crown slightly thicker and added 11mm to width...With a thicker center you will need a support
            Will see how it turns out this time.

Comment

• Well got them printed, turned out pretty good. I will put them on Thingiverse if anyone would like to try them out.
              I think I will use this Scotch Double Sided tape, it seems strong enough and it is very thin.(PIC Below)
              You cave get the covers HERE: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4084704
              Attached Files

Comment

• TaSaJaRa Thanks for sharing your design! I'm going to print out a pair of these today for my Havok. Luckily I just received more white PLA.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• James if you are coming to the Frosty Dog, how about printing these for me before you come?? (I'll paypal you whatever I owe for them!)

Comment

• I would like to order a Havoc. When are they expected to be back in stock.

Comment

• micronracer Thanks for posting! The Skynetic Havok sold out much faster than we had anticipated, which I suppose is a good problem to have! More Havoks are on the way; the best way to be notified as soon as they are in stock and ready to ship is to enter your email address in the "Notify Me" field:

Havok Racer 1000mm (39") Wingspan - PNP from Skynetic - SKY1000-001 Motion RC is proud to announce Skynetic, a new brand of foam electric aircraft for newer pilots looking to broaden their flying experience across a range of RC airplane types. Developed by and available exclusively at Motion RC, Skynetic advances our v

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I have registered to be notified when the new Havoks arrive. I wondered if there was an estimated time of arrival.
                        Thanks

Comment

• Well had a no fly weekend again AAARRRGGHHH !!! So did a little more playing on TinkerCad.
                          I have been bothered by all the dead grass my Havok scoops up with the Lower Air Duct on ever landing. Darn thing acts like a shovel where I fly.
                          Always having to shake or rake it back out.
                          I designed a Duct Shield/Screen. It should still let plenty of air through, but not the grass.
                          Still need to clean up the holes a little more... The design will use one spot off CA to hold in place on the center bottom of the duct.
                          Have not got a chance to fly with it yet, but looks promising...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I found better prop then stock.

Comment

• Do tell!

Comment

• anyone have a link to the Havok user/specification manual?
                                I got mine!! Doing the math now for 3s, 4s and 6s. 6s probably to much, but what the heck, new parts will get here at some point lol.
                                Thanks
                                SB

Comment

• found it.
                                  sb

Comment

• I'm I the only one breaking props when landing the Havoc? I've made solid landings and still breaking prop blades. Any suggestions please?

Comment

• Originally posted by champdavid96 View Post
                                      I'm I the only one breaking props when landing the Havoc? I've made solid landings and still breaking prop blades. Any suggestions please?
                                      Welcome to Hobby Squawk champdavid96! 1st question, do you have the airbrake on the ESC turned on or off? If it is on then the motor stops immediately when you bring the throttle down and "locks". If so that will guarantee more prop breakage. You want the airbrake off so the prop can freely turn. Then when you land the prop will spin out of the way if it touches the grass. If the brake is already off, then you really want to slow her down and flair on your landing. This bird will slow to a snail's pace and just plop on the grass when landed correctly. Also, are you landing on grass or pavement?

Comment

• Originally posted by champdavid96 View Post
                                        I'm I the only one breaking props when landing the Havoc? I've made solid landings and still breaking prop blades. Any suggestions please?
                                        Welcome to Squawk!

I haven't broken one yet. My guess is you're just coming in pretty fast. First few landings on my Havok, I was shocked how long I could hold it right off the ground in a flair. Like James said, it will get crazy slow before it finally falls out of the air. Get it right over the grass and hold that flair as long as you can and bleed off all the speed. Shouldn't break any if you hit the ground slow.

Comment

• I like to use the brake, and make sure with small throttle blips that it's horizontal before I let it touch. No more broken props for me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X