Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of picking one of these up, but before I drop 1,000 bones on an airframe, can someone tell me if a 32oz DuBro fuel tank will fit in the nose?

I ask, because I'm looking for a home for an engine. A big, thirsty, Italian kittycat of an engine specifically.

I picked this up for a song, glow fuel is relatively cheap in my area(25 bucks a jug for 5% Omega), it runs like a swiss watch. But I didn't buy it just to make a castorey mess of my toolbox. It needs a forever home! One that lets me take it up once in a while, spend an afternoon filling the skies with blue smoke and ring-a-dings aplenty. And it'd have BOATLOADS of power for this spit! Would turn a scale sized 3-blade easily! But its voracious appetite means I need to find room in the aircraft it goes in for a 32oz tank...

Comment

• Despite mt best efforts - I could not get a satisfactory long term repair on my left wing damaged retract mount.....so I ordered a replacement left wing and discovered ..... It is slightly different:

1. 57 grams lighter
      2. Figerglass sandwhich plywood bracing in the inner section from the aileron servo to the wing saddle
      3. The retract bolt holes are further apart and are 4mm bolts instead of 3mm bolts - requires widening the original electric retract mounts to allow the bolts to deploy

Everythig else is the same regarding wing shape, covering, hing placement etc etc etc.

It does not ship with the long hinges for the flaps or the short hinges for the ailerons
      It does no ship with the 20mm cannon covers for both wing tops

You will need to purchase the plastic parts package, linkage package and stut cover package/s separately as needed.

TwistedGrin

Comment

• June 2023

Still flying this great bird.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0407.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	291.0 KB
ID:	378952

Attached Files

Comment

• Beauty~
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Finally got the chance to maiden! Very nervous, but such a nice flyer, needed a bit of ail and elv trimming, Here is the maiden flight and landing, nothing fancy just some high passes getting it trimmed out....see the link for specs. Can't wait to take it out again and try some aerobatics! Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by dsa44 View Post
              Finally got the chance to maiden! Very nervous, but such a nice flyer, needed a bit of ail and elv trimming, Here is the maiden flight and landing, nothing fancy just some high passes getting it trimmed out....see the link for specs. Can't wait to take it out again and try some aerobatics! Cheers

https://youtu.be/qfnl9q4HWdQ
              Great landing! Looks beautiful in the air too.

Comment

• Agree this is a larger yet light wing loaded R/C .......another Blackhorse Jewel to fly

Glad you were able to balance that spinner !!

TwistedGrin

Comment

• Nice job! Love the 2 point greaser!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks fellas! Second flight was a real joy too. Unfortunately, lost one of the underwing radiators, I guess I did not secure it well enough. MRC out of stock, and although I have some other ones from my prior (RIP) TopRc and Seagull versions, they just don't look right, and clearly dis-proportioned.
                    So if anyone has a spare radiator, would happily purchase it from you. Thx

Comment

• Hello fellow, spit fire brothers. I am brand new to this forum and looking for some help. I’ve recently just put an airplane in the air. First time in 12 years, my new club was having a swap meet and I bought a few used planes.(I don’t recommend buying used planes) I came across what I believed to be a screaming deal on a 2000 MM Blackhorse spitfire. Plane seems to be in great shape. However, though the pilot only put a few flights on this plane, his last landing was a bit hard, breaking part of the retract. (Electric) i’m going to attempt to take a snapshot of it in hopes that somebody can tell me where to either purchase this piece or a whole new assembly. I appreciate any help any of you can give.

Comment

• Is there any way to recover this airplane? Had some hangar rash on my elevator, obviously it’s epoxied in and would be an easy job with a normal ultra coat airplane. But with this print on covering seems like it will be tough. Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Airbusdude View Post
                          Is there any way to recover this airplane? Had some hangar rash on my elevator, obviously it’s epoxied in and would be an easy job with a normal ultra coat airplane. But with this print on covering seems like it will be tough. Any ideas?

Comment

• Have you considered cutting out any bubbles and going over the top of existing? Won’t be a nice as the ordinal , as they did a great job before market. Not sure how bad yours looks but it is an option.

Comment

• That’s not a bad idea, will have to consider. There is big gash on the elevator and got some nicks on the wing. Its tough for me to live with just like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shackhacker View Post
                                Hello fellow, spit fire brothers. I am brand new to this forum and looking for some help. I’ve recently just put an airplane in the air. First time in 12 years, my new club was having a swap meet and I bought a few used planes.(I don’t recommend buying used planes) I came across what I believed to be a screaming deal on a 2000 MM Blackhorse spitfire. Plane seems to be in great shape. However, though the pilot only put a few flights on this plane, his last landing was a bit hard, breaking part of the retract. (Electric) i’m going to attempt to take a snapshot of it in hopes that somebody can tell me where to either purchase this piece or a whole new assembly. I appreciate any help any of you can give.
                                Best bet would be to search on aliexpress for 'trunion' if you can find a size match. Otherwise, just get a new unit. Again, you will have to match the size. MRC has them, but out of stock. Good luck!

Comment

• Thanks dsa44 for the response. I have programmed a new one to cut with my cnc. I have it dialed in pretty good and plan on ordering a single flute bit to cut the 6061aluminum I picked up. I tried it with a common 3 flute wood but but the aluminum seems to melt to the bit 1/2 way through. This is my first “metals” cnc project so I don’t have the bits needed on hand. I have made a perfectly fit replica out of white oak but decided I best replace the aluminum part with aluminum. (10 times stronger than oak). Thanks again,

Comment

• Originally posted by Shackhacker View Post
                                    Thanks dsa44 for the response. I have programmed a new one to cut with my cnc. I have it dialed in pretty good and plan on ordering a single flute bit to cut the 6061aluminum I picked up. I tried it with a common 3 flute wood but but the aluminum seems to melt to the bit 1/2 way through. This is my first “metals” cnc project so I don’t have the bits needed on hand. I have made a perfectly fit replica out of white oak but decided I best replace the aluminum part with aluminum. (10 times stronger than oak). Thanks again,
                                    Impressive! I think it would be of interest to share some pics of your CAD screen showing the design, as well as your CNC machine, prototypes, and finished trunion! Cool beans!

Comment

• Will do, I’m gonna make another attempt either today or tomorrow with a wood cutting bit. I heard what I’m hoping is good advice. a soft metals trick to make this a success without buying bits I’ve never needed before. 👍

Comment

• dsa44, absolutely a success! Trick is when using extremely old worn out wood bits is soak them in lye and program the cut just under 1/2 of the cutter dimension. Worked excellent! I will post pictures soon. Preferably after I put her in the air. 👍

Comment

• Hopefully I’ll have time later this afternoon to get the spitfire ready for the field tomorrow morning. Out of 6 learning attempts I have 2 I am very pleased with. I lost 5 bucks worth of material but enjoyed the aluminum experience. Much different on my machine than wood and much much messier!

Comment

Working...
                                          X