Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr D
    replied
    Ready for maiden flight tomorrow, weather permitting. Installed an AS3X receiver to allow for an expanded wind envelope.

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Has anyone got out to fly it yet? Can't wait to see some maidens!

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob's RC
    replied
    Thank you so much Alpha, MRC, and Flightline for this beautiful airplane, it is everything I hoped for and more. I can't wait to get it assembled and out to the flying field.

Leave a comment:

• Mr D
    replied
    Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post
    There has been some confusion on how to wire the flaps using the provided tri-harness. The two outer flaps come into the blue MCB box through the ribbon cables. You take the male to male out put from the blue MCB box and insert it into the tri-harness instead of going straight to your RX. You then take the two inboard flap connections and also insert them into the tri-harness before running it straight to your receiver. In short: take all three cords labeled FLAP, insert them into tri-harness, and go straight to the RX with it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4519.JPEG Views:	81 Size:	89.4 KB ID:	260494
    ALL PILOTS TAKE NOTE OF THIS INSTRUCTION. Spent a few confusing minutes figuring this out as well. I wish I had seen this post first and I wouldn’t had been struggling and wondering what I was doing wrong. Boomer senior moment. 🤪

Leave a comment:

• Papa Boozer/Dots
    replied
    I will be getting my OV-10 on Lori's Birthday, Can't think of a better gift for Mrs. Boozer. Happy Juneteenth.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Baron
    replied
    It was still in the box and landed now that's a plane that wants to be flown

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
    My Bronco landed on my front porch this morning
    At least we know it will land on a short runway...

Leave a comment:

• Mad Baron
    replied
    My Bronco landed on my front porch this morning

Leave a comment:

• boomer108
    replied
    Mine also arrived today, what a beautiful plane!

Leave a comment:

• themudduck
    replied
    Mine arrived today. No surprises, the components are perfectly packed in a 2-part styrofoam box just like all the other MRC planes so everything is in perfect condition. Of course.

Leave a comment:

• RCGuy83
    replied
    Originally posted by Phantom View Post

He's asking about fuselage flex, if you don't mind my interjection...
    Sorry, I misunderstood. The fuse is a very solid piece of foam, ain't no flex there for sure. BUT..... with 2X 4000's in there the fuse has some weight and does bounce up and down a tad (see the video from the horizontal stab) between the booms. This is not a 3D plane guys but with so much side profile it does knife-edge well. If you're going to add a ton of power and attempt Timber X like 3D you will want to shove a carbon rod between the booms out back and triangulate it with two more carbon rods going into the abdomen. Just my 2-cents on that topic.

Leave a comment:

• RCGuy83
    replied
    There has been some confusion on how to wire the flaps using the provided tri-harness. The two outer flaps come into the blue MCB box through the ribbon cables. You take the male to male out put from the blue MCB box and insert it into the tri-harness instead of going straight to your RX. You then take the two inboard flap connections and also insert them into the tri-harness before running it straight to your receiver. In short: take all three cords labeled FLAP, insert them into tri-harness, and go straight to the RX with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4519.JPEG
Views:	1342
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	260494

Leave a comment:

• Phantom
    replied
    Originally posted by RCGuy83 View Post

Check out my video a few posts back from the tail boom. See what you think yourself on wing-flex. Yes, if you pound it to the ground or pull high-G maneuvers there is a little flex but nothing crazy. It does not have unlimited vertical, it's not a T-33 on 6S power, but get the momentum up before pulling vertical and you'll get some satisfying height. I enjoy pulling vertical and then using max rudder to u-turn it right back around making a u-shaped pattern over the field.
    He's asking about fuselage flex, if you don't mind my interjection...

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Thanks, not wing flex. I’m wanting 3D so more power...

Leave a comment:

• RCGuy83
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Waiting on reports about how good the power is (unlimited vertical?) and if there is flex in the fuselage like one of the very early Motion videos showed.

Come on guys, it's Thursday already! :)
    Check out my video a few posts back from the tail boom. See what you think yourself on wing-flex. Yes, if you pound it to the ground or pull high-G maneuvers there is a little flex but nothing crazy. It does not have unlimited vertical, it's not a T-33 on 6S power, but get the momentum up before pulling vertical and you'll get some satisfying height. I enjoy pulling vertical and then using max rudder to u-turn it right back around making a u-shaped pattern over the field.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Waiting on reports about how good the power is (unlimited vertical?) and if there is flex in the fuselage like one of the very early Motion videos showed.

Come on guys, it's Thursday already! :)

Leave a comment:

• RCGuy83
    replied
    Originally posted by Narly View Post
    Dear YouTube: Please ban all "unboxing" videos for the next 30 days.😏
    Notice I left those pictures out of my posts. I still very much enjoy cracking the lid and pulling piece by piece out and geeking out over it but I tried to concentrate on reporting how she flies. Speaking of which last Sunday I was able to fly the Bronco in purely an observation role with 2X Freewing T-33's equipped with DJI HD FPV setups. We planned the flight out on the ground and with my RunCam facing backwards and towards the left wing I flew LOS in a large racetrack oval pattern. The FPV T-33's would seek me out and try and form up on my wing staying as close at they could. Surprisingly they asked me to slow down some so they could form up a little easier. From my LOS view it looked like we were going to have a 3-way mid-air collision several times so I had to fully trust they could see and avoid me. What was neat was with 8+min flight times I could take off, get comfortably into my pattern, play with the T-33's, allow them to land safely, and still had time to play before I needed to land. All three of us were constantly chatting with one another on the flight line which was key to avoiding collisions. It was some very different RC flying, a bit nerve racking, but also really fun! The Bronco is a versatile platform and that giant canopy is itching to be FPV equipped.

Name:	IMG_4479.JPEG
Views:	939
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	260465

Name:	Formation2.JPG
Views:	845
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	260466

Leave a comment:

• OV10
    replied
    Originally posted by Narly View Post

Name:	drawing knee slapper w800.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	260453

Leave a comment:

• Narly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    At least two in my group have theirs delivered. Mine was showing today but changed to tomorrow.. It's okay as I'm doing a repaint and rewire, maybe a power change too. Rewire is to have crow and differential motor control. Also will have P&T camera system.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X