X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
    How were you able to cram the 6S battery in it? Could you post a pic?
    This is a Roaring Top 6S 6250...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181218_153249451_iOS.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	167261

All of these 6S batteries will fit and balance in it.

Name:	20181218_153406999_iOS.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	167262
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• :P:P:P:Ligthbulb::Ligthbulb::Heart::Heart::Heart:
      Thanks for the info TI!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• This sucker is fast, unlimited vertical :Straight-Face:
        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Got the wings painted. Just finished applying 2 coats of polycrilic to the underside. I think it turned out good.:) The 132 is my code for MB

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
            This sucker is fast, unlimited vertical :Straight-Face:
            Any video of it in flight? I like the mod you did on the gear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post

Any video of it in flight? I like the mod you did on the gear.
              I'll try to get some of it and the Corsair both in the next few days.
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

This is a Roaring Top 6S 6250...

Name:	20181218_153249451_iOS.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	167261

All of these 6S batteries will fit and balance in it.

Name:	20181218_153406999_iOS.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	167262
                Thanks, I may try this!

Comment

• PhantomNut,

What motors and esc units are you using with the 6s batteries?

Comment

• Originally posted by lpcustom73 View Post
                    PhantomNut,

What motors and esc units are you using with the 6s batteries?
                    My Tigercat isn't set up for 6S yet. Tired Iron has his set up for 6S and he's using the FMS motors and props with the stock flightline ESC's. This will be the mod I do when I get around to it.

Comment

• Has anyone figured out a wing-bag for the Tigercat F7F or at least some sort of open ended bag to transport the wing, motor, prop, retract system/POD for transportation from home to the Flying Club?

Comment

• After a dozen or so flights on the Tigercat with Admiral 4s 4000’s I think I want to try the 3000’s or a 3300. Feels a bit sluggy with those heavier 4000mAh packs unless you are over 50-60% throttle. Anyone else’s not liking the 4000’s ? Also our grass field is pretty rough in spots which this extra weight doesn’t help landing gear with at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunner28 View Post
                          After a dozen or so flights on the Tigercat with Admiral 4s 4000’s I think I want to try the 3000’s or a 3300. Feels a bit sluggy with those heavier 4000mAh packs unless you are over 50-60% throttle. Anyone else’s not liking the 4000’s ? Also our grass field is pretty rough in spots which this extra weight doesn’t help landing gear with at all.
                          The weight difference between 2 - 3000's and 2 - 4000's is approx. 5oz.
                          On a plane that weighs 113oz without batts, I doubt that you'll see the 4% reduction of batt weight in a flight performance increase.
                          As a matter of fact, you'll knock your flight time down by 25%.
                          Mine flew fine on 4000's even with the larger LX B-25 props but I also for the most part like scale speed flight envelopes.
                          The power system designed in this bird is a safe non aggressive flier.
                          If you want more, then the several power mods mentioned throughout this thread are in order.
                          With rough field action, it is always a good tactic to have a oleo sprung gear system. ;)
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

The weight difference between 2 - 3000's and 2 - 4000's is approx. 5oz.
                            On a plane that weighs 113oz without batts, I doubt that you'll see the 4% reduction of batt weight in a flight performance increase.
                            As a matter of fact, you'll knock your flight time down by 25%.
                            Mine flew fine on 4000's even with the larger LX B-25 props but I also for the most part like scale speed flight envelopes.
                            The power system designed in this bird is a safe non aggressive flier.
                            If you want more, then the several power mods mentioned throughout this thread are in order.
                            With rough field action, it is always a good tactic to have a oleo sprung gear system. ;)
                            Running the upgraded struts which do pretty good on this rough field. Playing around with battery placement and liking it more and more. I do like the 8-10 minute flight times I’m getting. Had a great day flying it with a decent headwind on landings.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunner28 View Post
                              After a dozen or so flights on the Tigercat with Admiral 4s 4000’s I think I want to try the 3000’s or a 3300. Feels a bit sluggy with those heavier 4000mAh packs unless you are over 50-60% throttle. Anyone else’s not liking the 4000’s ? Also our grass field is pretty rough in spots which this extra weight doesn’t help landing gear with at all.
                              Hmm, even when mine was stock, it flew great on 4000's and 3600's. The only reason I usually use the 3600's is because I have a ton of them and the 4000's are the go to battery for the Bearcat. With the new motors, I can dump any size battery in her and she'll still do all the standard aerobatics with ease.
                              Also, consider running the batteries and ESC's in parallel. I hadn't considered it until we got talking here on the forum. One bad battery could cost you your plane.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Just got this bird yesterday from my wife... I ordered the upgrade LG and a Spectrum 6600 RX.
                                I'm just finishing the Phoenix A26 Invader twin, I got last year....only just graduated from an Apprentice, to my 15cc Valiant...It may be a minute before I am ready to fly either....but any suggestions on this F7, are greatly appreciated

Comment

• The color transformation is in progress! Have got the wings finished and now on to the fuse I put primer on it the evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by WAYNE888 View Post
                                    Just got this bird yesterday from my wife... I ordered the upgrade LG and a Spectrum 6600 RX.
                                    I'm just finishing the Phoenix A26 Invader twin, I got last year....only just graduated from an Apprentice, to my 15cc Valiant...It may be a minute before I am ready to fly either....but any suggestions on this F7, are greatly appreciated
                                    Just peruse through the previous 1700+ posts of this thread and you'll be loaded for Tiger hunting.;)
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Grossman56,
                                      I did the parallel connection configuration for the same reason. It did however induse a new problem - overcurrent of the connector(s). Luckily this occurred on a landing roll out... ten seconds sooner and disaster would have occurred!
                                      The t-connecter literally fried itself and caused an open circuit causing total loss of all electric. No power-no control-NADA!
                                      That being said, parallel is the smart way to go electrically. Just make sure the connections can handle the current flow.
                                      That’s my plan “ and I’m stickin’ to it.”

Comment

• Well my repaint of my Tcat is 90% complete. Just waiting to get my decals from Callie.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                                          Grossman56,
                                          I did the parallel connection configuration for the same reason. It did however induse a new problem - overcurrent of the connector(s). Luckily this occurred on a landing roll out... ten seconds sooner and disaster would have occurred!
                                          The t-connecter literally fried itself and caused an open circuit causing total loss of all electric. No power-no control-NADA!
                                          That being said, parallel is the smart way to go electrically. Just make sure the connections can handle the current flow.
                                          That’s my plan “ and I’m stickin’ to it.”
                                          I cheated and ordered the adaptor from Motion and RCJuice, not being the greatest solderer, so....
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X