Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 7 flights logged today now that my wheel is fixed. Man, this thing is a joy to fly. I actually like it better than the P38. Not sure why people are complaining about power. Seems to have plenty. I flew mostly around 50-75% throttle. I will say it could use a stabilizer in wind, it was less than 5mph ,and I was getting a good deal of wing rock the whole time. I usually dont fly with them,but think I'll set this one up before my next session. Thankyou Motion! Think you guys are making planes better with each new release...cant wait to see a P-61 !! Please!
    www.TSHobbies.com
    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Looks great TS, glad to hear it went well. Interesting about the need for a stabilizer/gyro. I have them in all of mine, just in case as the wind in Wy can gust pretty good.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Thankyou..yes, I use the Lemon Rx ,which has it on there..just never felt the need to use them..but with this one ,it constantly rocked ,even with light winds.
        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• anyone else having issues with the starboard motor? mines rough, jiggles around ,and sounds/feels like loose bearings. also heard someone on RCG mention theirs being rough as well.
          www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• got a new motor on the way.. thankyou Motion!
            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Thanks for everyones input concerning prop and blade balancing.....

Comment

• Let us know how it works out for you.

All the best,
                Konrad

Comment

• Hey TS, did you talk to the guys or did they pick up on it on the forum.
                  At any rate, better off to replace the motor than smuck up the airplane!
                  I'd be interested if you do a forensic on it to see what the heck happened.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Had a great day at the field today and got in a half dozen pack sets worth of flights on the F7F. Everyone was all "oohs and ahs" over the Tigercat. I think a couple more will be ordered in this area soon. The main comments were.."Does it come like that or did you do anything to it?" Completely stock....It's a hit!

Comment

• Originally posted by The RC Geek View Post
                      Hey Guys,

Here's my full assembly and flight review video for this Tigercat. Also, I have a full article posted at http://thercgeek.com/FLRCTigercat. Took a little longer than I had hoped based on the timing of the holidays and weather. Anyhow, I hope you guys find it helpful!

Chris
                      http://thercgeek.com
                      Chris, your video is absolutely awesome.

Comment

• Got a chance to put the first 2 flights on my Tigercat today and really enjoyed it. Looks great in the air and feels really solid. I love the way it lands, it slows down beautifully and makes you look good.

Comment

• Hey Hiflyer, great to hear!
                          She looks awesome by the way and great to hear all the positive feedback on her flight characteristics.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            Hey TS, did you talk to the guys or did they pick up on it on the forum.
                            At any rate, better off to replace the motor than smuck up the airplane!
                            I'd be interested if you do a forensic on it to see what the heck happened.

Grossman56
                            I didnt talk to anyone, just submitted a ticket describing the issue. They sent out a motor along with return label for the bad one. Hopefully someone from Motion will post whats going on with it. I havent taken it out of the plane yet.
                            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Great customer service as usual!
                              I'm not sure whether they themselves check out the defective part or whether they send it on to Freewing/Flightline. I know in my industry, its a big deal if something isn't just right, so I would hope that the QA department at Freewing/Flighline will be looking into it. Hey, could just be a fluke, who knows?

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• BTW TS, any other pilots coming out in the future??

Team Gross!

Comment

• Hello TiredIron,
                                  Back on post#366 I asked if you would consider making an antenna. Can your software scale it and are you interested??
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                    Great customer service as usual!
                                    I'm not sure whether they themselves check out the defective part or whether they send it on to Freewing/Flightline. I know in my industry, its a big deal if something isn't just right, so I would hope that the QA department at Freewing/Flighline will be looking into it. Hey, could just be a fluke, who knows?

Grossman56
                                    I'm glad they took care of you, TS. We actually discussed your ticket yesterday on our team call. The F7F uses the same motor as the P-38, and in this case from the exact same batch. We've enjoyed a 0.12% issue rate with these motors over the past ~year, so rest assured we're taking a very close look at any new issue to ensure continued QA at the Freewing/FlightLineRC factory. Please be sure to drop your original motor in the mail soon using the pre-paid label the service team sent to you.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Sincere thanks to everyone posting your thoughts after maiden and a few extra flights under your belts. Keep the ideas and feedback and issues and helpful tips coming!

JetMang, excellent video, as Tom said. Really well thought out and very nicely presented!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

I'm glad they took care of you, TS. We actually discussed your ticket yesterday on our team call. The F7F uses the same motor as the P-38, and in this case from the exact same batch. We've enjoyed a 0.12% issue rate with these motors over the past ~year, so rest assured we're taking a very close look at any new issue to ensure continued QA at the Freewing/FlightLineRC factory. Please be sure to drop your original motor in the mail soon using the pre-paid label the service team sent to you.

Well, Im about to embarrass myself here. went to pull the motor out today to prepare for the new ones arrival.. and turns out the prop screw had backed itself out just enough to make the prop wobbly without actually coming off the square mount on the motor. so, thats what was actually causing the vibration and movement, making it feel as if the motor shaft was loose. I guess thats also why it made the motor sound rough. ..there are some metal shavings stuck on the magnetized caseing, but Im going to guess and say thats caused by the loose prop? anyrate, after retightening the prop, the motor runs just as smooth as it should... so when the new motor arrives, I'll send that one back,along with a check to reimburse Motion for the shipping cost. sorry for that stupid mistake...that should have been something I shouldve checked before assuming it was a bad motor.
                                        www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Not a problem, TSHobbies, it happens! If you haven't already, please email your technician in your Service Ticket and let him know what happened. He'll make the call on what to do after that. No need to reimburse us the shipping cost, it was an honest mistake. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...
                                          X