Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a shaky hand video of my gear door in action.

Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Nice work, Adam!!

Comment

• No more dynam planes for me.

Comment

• Well I have started to rebuild the B-26 after it's nearly uncontrollable flight this last weekend. If it doesn't fly like its supposed to after the rebuild I will scrap this plane.

Comment

• Are you sure about your CG(60-55mm)? Did you do your mods before first flight? Calibrate your escs? My blackwidow escs were way off before calibration. My b26 flies great. Half flaps takeoff,full on landing. Mine first batch,bone stock,no mods,weights in the tail. I did reglue several things....,wingmounts,nacells,wing panels, weights. I am rarely below 3/4 throttle in level flight. 8min flights with china hobbyline 4s 4000 40c with another minute + in reserve. Very curious as to what is wrong with yours.
            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
              Are you sure about your CG(60-55mm)? Did you do your mods before first flight? Calibrate your escs? My blackwidow escs were way off before calibration. My b26 flies great. Half flaps takeoff,full on landing. Mine first batch,bone stock,no mods,weights in the tail. I did reglue several things....,wingmounts,nacells,wing panels, weights. I am rarely below 3/4 throttle in level flight. 8min flights with china hobbyline 4s 4000 40c with another minute + in reserve. Very curious as to what is wrong with yours.
              "I am rarely below 3/4 throttle in level flight" I think this is very important. This plane could use a little more power. In banked turns, you need to be at or near max throttle. Flying at too little power (too little airspeed) and the plane will wallow around like a hippo. Not enough power in a turn and it will drop like a stone. And this is assuming the ESCs are calibrated and battery is good.

Comment

• I am using a smaller battery (4S 3600). Less weight = always better... and I still get long flight times. I rarely use full throttle. I don't think the 4000 is necessary.

Good tips from CFIT Rob.... I'll add, its a good idea to use "takeoff flaps" whenever you are flying slow, especially in turns. For example, like when you reduce power getting ready to land... half flaps on base and then on the turn to final. then full flaps for landing. The flaps help avoid stalls, especially during turns at lower speed.
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• anyone flying this off grass?

Comment

• I do, with a 4000 pack and I get 7 mins flight time. And I do get a from level loop so I feel like mine does have enough power. And i do fly at half throttle 90% of the time. Maybe it's the thicker air out here, but I haven't seen much of the issues like that after I replaced the fuselage and entire wing, as well as the engine nacelles in the original plane, really dang near the entire airframe. Anyway since I replaced it all, it's been great

Comment

• I thought I had a video of it here but I can't find it so here it is again. This is not my home field. My home field is far rougher and filled with gopher holes. The plane does just fine on really bad surfaces.

Comment

• Thank you guys!!,

I may pick this one up. Love the Marauder

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                          Are you sure about your CG(60-55mm)? Did you do your mods before first flight? Calibrate your escs? My blackwidow escs were way off before calibration. My b26 flies great. Half flaps takeoff,full on landing. Mine first batch,bone stock,no mods,weights in the tail. I did reglue several things....,wingmounts,nacells,wing panels, weights. I am rarely below 3/4 throttle in level flight. 8min flights with china hobbyline 4s 4000 40c with another minute + in reserve. Very curious as to what is wrong with yours.
                          I check the CG before every flight so I can get the battery in the right location for proper CG. I have a Dynam Gavin radio and the receiver has a gyro with 3 settings such as 3D, stabilization, & normal. I didn't check the receiver mode before I took off it was in 3 D mode got it back down reset the receiver to normal (gyro off) and it still was almost impossible to fly. I don't know what went wrong because about a week before the last weekend it flew great. I have a new wing center section and engine nacelles that I am using on the rebuild so hopefully it will do ok. I'm wondering if it is the radio system causing the problem.

Comment

• Interesting... man I cant figure what's going on there... just weird it went from great to crap in a weekend. Hopefully the new wing set will lead to some results.

Comment

• Hey there MB - it does sound very suspicious. Something must be wrong that's not obvious. I would check things like the wing and stab mounts (is anything loose) and the servos (make sure they aren't loose in the pockets) and the control horns (Dynam is notorious for not gluing them on well, so they might be loose) or the hinges. A broken-loose servo or loose control horn can be deadly.

Check all the controls on the ground when the motors are running (are all the servos operating correctly - maybe one of them is intermittent or "twitchy". Maybe a servo has a broken gear tooth.). One of the servo connectors may be partially unplugged (like in the wing connector) which could result in an intermittent aileron. Are all the flaps going down the same amount. My thought is that something has come loose or a servo is going bad.
                              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I concur with the Duck!:Cool:

Comment

• Great advice Mudduck!
                                  Still Learning:D

Comment

• My experience with Dynam is not so bad! Yes, you do have to do and pay a little more attention to some of there products, but for the money they aren't so bad on most planes. Just pay attention to pretty much everything. That is a part of building a plane and the fun of the hobby. (Mostly)
                                    Still Learning:D

Comment

• Much agreed

Comment

• The rebuild is underway after I get the plane back together I am going to check all the servo operation with and without the motors running. I really like flying this plane I just hope it will fly like it's supposed to.

Comment

• It does look awesome in the air

Comment

Working...
                                          X