Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some ideas . I tried to read threw but there are 77 pages here , who has replaced the retracts and what did you use . My nose gear folded halfway down on a landing . Thanks for any ideas

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

• What I did took alot of work to get everything correct. But I used the retract units out of my wrecked P38. Doing so requires all 3 replaced as the freewings are setup reverse of dynam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippie 64 View Post
        I need some ideas . I tried to read threw but there are 77 pages here , who has replaced the retracts and what did you use . My nose gear folded halfway down on a landing . Thanks for any ideas

Bryan
        I replaced my Dynam retracts with Freewing MiG-21 retracts - for the mains. The nose retract was replaced with an FMS P-39 nose gear retract. I used oleos for the mains. I bought the oleos from RC Castle. For me, Dynam retracts have been historically un-reliable. I had to use a servo reverser for the nose gear. Easy and cheap to do.

Electronic Nose Gear Retract with 4.1mm Shaft Type BClick here to view special instructions to prevent jammed retract pins. Note: These retracts are used on the T-45's sold before July 2019 Specifications: Body material: plastic Trunion material: metal Strut diameter: rotating shaft pin is 4.1mm in diameter This retrac

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

I replaced my Dynam retracts with Freewing MiG-21 retracts - for the mains. The nose retract was replaced with an FMS P-39 nose gear retract. I used oleos for the mains. I bought the oleos from RC Castle. For me, Dynam retracts have been historically un-reliable. I had to use a servo reverser for the nose gear. Easy and cheap to do.

Electronic Nose Gear Retract with 4.1mm Shaft Type BClick here to view special instructions to prevent jammed retract pins. Note: These retracts are used on the T-45's sold before July 2019 Specifications: Body material: plastic Trunion material: metal Strut diameter: rotating shaft pin is 4.1mm in diameter This retrac

Bob
          I HAD (past tense) a Dynam experience and don't want another one. Too many thing to manage at age 76..............and trainers are BORING but the B-26 is cool.
          Double your pleasure , Double you fun Get yourself two engines instead of just one.

Comment

• Putting in machine guns and sound unit in mine. So now it is a ground pounder and strafer.
            Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• First I want to think everyone for all the great information. I finally finished my B26 and did it like the one my father flew in. I got the graphics from Callie I did all the normal things I do with a arf. I did take the tail weight out and I use a 4 cell 3300 pack and get 6 minute flights with plenty left for a go around or two. I doesn't need flaps for take off or landing.
              It flies great and lands better.
              I will add the shim to the elevator later. I want the elevator to be level for looks.
              I will be adding a few more touches this Winter.
              Once again I want to thank everyone for there hard work it made mine a lot easier.

Comment

• Very nice Amain. Any pictures of you dad's plane for comparison? Just love tribute builds.

Comment

• Very cool indeed!

Comment

• Here is a picture of it. I got the bombs a little far back. Allan

Comment

• that is a great picture. It looks like someone tried to remove most of the white from the invasion stripes. So I am guessing that photo was late 1944. The propeller hubs look like they were painted red. Hard to tell in black and white, but they definitely were not a light color or silver.

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                        that is a great picture. It looks like someone tried to remove most of the white from the invasion stripes. So I am guessing that photo was late 1944. The propeller hubs look like they were painted red. Hard to tell in black and white, but they definitely were not a light color or silver.
                        I think there squadron colors were blue. The hubs could be blue but I can't find any information it.

Comment

• Here is the combat footage of my Saturday's mission at Apollo Field. It was windy and the plane is a handful in wind. I will be putting in a Gyro for sure now. flying around at full throttle too most of the time.

Comment

• Nice! And yes i agree, gyro her up!

Comment

Here is the combat footage of my Saturday's mission at Apollo Field. It was windy and the plane is a handful in wind. I will be putting in a Gyro for sure now. flying around at full throttle too most of the time.
                              I agree with both the gyro and the need for more power. Both of my B-26s have Lemon Plus receivers with stabilizer. I have only up-motored one of them to date. I put 11Hobby Bearcat motors in and the difference is amazing. One half throttle on the modified B-26 is equal to full throttle on the stock plane. When I get time, I will modify the stock plane with the new motors.

Bob

Comment

• Those hits were pretty close though. Closer that I've gotten :P

Comment

• I have been thinking about moving the motors off my B-24 to this plane. Just thinking about it and need to measure the length and bolt pattern. Obviously, a new prop adapter from Custom RC or move the shaft. Just wonder what the amp draw on 4 s and four blade prop would be?
                                  B-24 Liberator 3530-860kv Brushless Outrunner Motor from FlightLine RC - MO135301

Comment

I have been thinking about moving the motors off my B-24 to this plane. Just thinking about it and need to measure the length and bolt pattern. Obviously, a new prop adapter from Custom RC or move the shaft. Just wonder what the amp draw on 4 s and four blade prop would be?
                                    Wow, that would make the B-26 really scoot along. The Dynam has a bigger prop and more pitch by 1, but it also has a bigger ESC (40A vs 30A). The plane is also about 600g lighter. I think the Dynam ESCs can handle it. You should see what a calculator has to say about it. The B-24 motors are a bit longer so they may stick out further.
                                    If you do it, let us know what happens. Sounds like a potentially great power mod and easy.

Comment

I agree with both the gyro and the need for more power. Both of my B-26s have Lemon Plus receivers with stabilizer. I have only up-motored one of them to date. I put 11Hobby Bearcat motors in and the difference is amazing. One half throttle on the modified B-26 is equal to full throttle on the stock plane. When I get time, I will modify the stock plane with the new motors.

Bob
                                      Update:

I had a rare weekend off this week so on the table went my first B-26 (Silver). By the end the day she had new 58 amp ESCs, new Bearcat motors and all new Freewing retracts. Now she is up to par with her olive drab sister!

Bob

Comment

• I through this is really cool. Its on the Moiton Rc sight under the B26.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Update:

I had a rare weekend off this week so on the table went my first B-26 (Silver). By the end the day she had new 58 amp ESCs, new Bearcat motors and all new Freewing retracts. Now she is up to par with her olive drab sister!

Bob
                                          Hey dude, do you put eleven hobby bearcat motors and 58a esc’s In your B26! You certainly have my attention now lol-what’s the Watts/amps figures like on the motors vs what the motors are rated as I notice the eleven hobby bearcat is a 3S plane? I only ask because I have been burnt following advice of others on RCG with this kind of mod and ended up melting my motor mount plate! Also, what’s this “Freewing retract mod” you speak of?? (My B26 is on order and due in the next few days so I’m all ears on decent and proven modifications). Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                          X