You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

downwindleg/Aros ESM 50cc F4U Corsair Build (Electric Conversion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't worrie Aros the more THERE the more to help catch the bird if anything happens. Also it can spread the spiniter facter around so you can relax :Scared::).
    Dewey l

Comment

• Ah, if only that were true!! :Silly:
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Even my little go to plane the little F4u S has alot of meaning to me. Ive got at least 200 flights on it with 2 crashes and each maiden after a crash and repairs i couldn't hardly breath each time i took off. The 2 others i have are the Eflite 1.2 and the Airfield 1450. The Airfield i really love but sadly parts are a no go and so every flight is like a maiden. One day ill get enough courage to try and upgrade the retracts and then maybe it will be different. Right now leaving the ground with it is like playing russian roulette. Saving the pennies for a bird like yours. My ambitions my be to high though. I want a radial in mine and thats more than the airframe. So maybe you get through yout maiden you can come to NC and do mine.
        :)

Dewey l

Comment

• I couldn't do that to an innocent person! LOL
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• This is me when things start going wrong in flight! Lol!

Comment

• Thankyou for being so Saintly. Dang no smillies with a halo. I guess we now know something about this crowdLOL. Opps opened my mouth to soon:Sacred:.
              :Devil:im a little guilty.
              Dewey l

Comment

• Hey Aros, how goes it on Chris' end? Any progress pics?
                Brad

Comment

• Nothing yet to report...We are planning to get together sometime this weekend...I should have updates to report then. This hobby forces me to work on my patience, LOL
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Ha! Yes, yes it does

Comment

• Well we all know what happened last time Pappy flew.....
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• :):Cool:

Comment

• We have progress! Chris just sent me progress on the wing. Ailerons and flaps are all working. He says it's not perfect yet but getting there. Looking great to me!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Looks good to me too

Comment

• Slow them to six seconds and they are spot on. Little elev. mix too...

Comment

• Great to see ailerons and flaps all working together!! Yeah, slow the flaps down for sure. I had them all working but I'm sure there is some fine tuning to do for streamlining the travel to minimize the chance of a hangup with the linkage between the servos and the flaps. Makes my heart go pitterpat to see the progress......ever closer to that glorious day when the bent wing bird finally takes to the air where it belongs.
                                Brad

Comment

• Yes definitely will slow them down. This is just testing for functionality. When the time comes we will program the retracts to stagger like the full scale as well. Chris said the flap servos are very noisy and you can sure hear them in the video! Yikes! Any ideas how to quiet them down? It's not a binding issue...Maybe these particular servos are just noisy in general?
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Sounds like the digital buzz to me

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      Sounds like the digital buzz to me
                                      Definite digital buzz and seems to be in the flaps.
                                      This buzz is from a LIGHT constant load imposed on the servo.

It CAN drain the RX battery rapidly if its due to minor binding.

It could also just be the servos supporting the weight of the flaps. Zero issue in flight.

Just touch each flap section from underneath to take its weight off the servo. Noise gone and returns when you let go = don't worry about it.
                                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Exactly. I hear it alot in large scale 3d planes alot. Multiple servos on the surfaces make the sound louder. I'm willing to bet there isn't any binding just the weight being held.

Comment

• That is the reason I prefer to use analog servos on loaded control surfaces.
                                          Those digitals can/will use energy constantly trying to reach it's null point, thus the buzzing.
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X