You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

downwindleg/Aros ESM 50cc F4U Corsair Build (Electric Conversion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alrighty then. Let's get this show on the road boys and girls!!! I'm ready for progress pictures!!! Brad

Comment

• Amen to that!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• were all wating.
        Dewey l

Comment

• No pressure or anything:):corsair Brad

Comment

• ^^none what so ever! Get're done!!! Hahaha :)

Comment

• Okay I delivered the wing to Chris' place today. He's going to focus on the wing first. Get the gear doors functional, the strut "air brakes" put on, get all the control surfaces working...Then we will turn our attention to the fuselage once the full depth cockpit is in hand (we need to lower the push/pull control wires Brad added to make room for the full depth cockpit and we don't know how low we need to go to remount the wires until we get the cockpit kit in hand) and mount the motor/ESC, etc...

And so the final phase of the build begins! Brad did a wonderful job to bring her to the point she is already. Shouldn't be too hard to finish her up!
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Getyup partner!!

Comment

• The cockpit is done. I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned out!
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Incredible workmanship!!!! One more step towards the final goal. It's great how something like this can spur you on. One of the beauties of this hobby. Just getting those flaps setup made me feel the same way. Brad

Comment

• Wow Todd! You are indeed an Artiste! :Cool:

Comment

• That looks awesome! You're really ramping up the anticipated pucker factor for maidenLOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                          That looks awesome! You're really ramping up the anticipated pucker factor for maidenLOL.
                          lol the hype is real in this thread. You'd better record the maiden, Aros.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                            Wow Todd! You are indeed an Artiste! :Cool:
                            Thanks but the only credit I should be given is for reaching out to the one that actually did the work and that is our own Plastic_Aviator. The man is a true artist! :Cool:
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                              Incredible workmanship!!!! One more step towards the final goal. It's great how something like this can spur you on. One of the beauties of this hobby. Just getting those flaps setup made me feel the same way. Brad
                              I can imagine on the flaps! Anthony's work is going to force me to really up my game for the detail and weathering work for the rest of the plane when the time comes, and yes Twowingtj I am indeed ramping up that pucker factor for the maiden!! Yikes!

LOL
                              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                The cockpit is done. I am absolutely thrilled with how it turned out!
                                Right down to the refill stains on the oxygen bottle!! Nice touch. Brad

Comment

• You noticed that too? I know, sweet, right? :) Even when Pappy obstructs that scale nugget I will know it's there. LOL
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                    You noticed that too? I know, sweet, right? :) Even when Pappy obstructs that scale nugget I will know it's there. LOL
                                    lol yup, gotta have that liquid oxygen refilled before flight!

:Silly:

I actually thought about leaving that out but it just looks cool! Plus, its really behind the seat so not much is shown. ;)

Comment

• subscribing to this thread! Brad point me here since i'm a bit of a corsair nut also! lots of good reading for when i get started on my humongous Corsair build!

now, if i can just convince the Pacific Aviation Museum here to get a Corsair for their fleet!

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk, Synpn, Todd's corsair is going to be awesome, we're all waiting for the finished product!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Thanks Grossman! Brad's seen this, but this is the canvas i'm working on.

Having been an avid watcher of Baa Baa Blacksheep as a kid, I'm tempted to do Pappy Boyinton's bird also!

Comment

Working...
                                          X