You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

downwindleg/Aros ESM 50cc F4U Corsair Build (Electric Conversion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes you can get away with modifying the cap to a small container, a writing pen or medicine/ cosmetic cap depending on the size.Nothing is safe! I've even bought a small container of something in travel size just for the cap although it might look a little weird walking around the store with an outside caliper.:Ligthbulb: Brad

Comment

• Ha, yeah I have been going around my house checking all the cabinets for caps that are the right size. Still looking... LOL
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Actually, I might hit up the guy that did my coolers for me. He said if I had any other project to keep him in mind. This would be a perfect project for a 3D printer...
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Excellent idea!!! How'd you like the corsair picks from Reno? Feel free to post them since I haven't figured out how yet.:Confused:Brad

Comment

• Oh wow Brad those photos were awesome! Here's some of them...I really need to upgrade my pit crew like you did. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Holy moly forget the corsair. Any mods in mind.
              Dewey l

Comment

• Yeah, it took all day to wipe that grin off my face. I also have a pic of the blonde leaning over to sign my calendar if anybody is interested in the Bombshell calendar.:Smug:Brad

Comment

• That's why my wife won't let me go flying' with you guys alone LOL;)

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                    Yeah, it took all day to wipe that grin off my face. I also have a pic of the blonde leaning over to sign my calendar if anybody is interested in the Bombshell calendar.:Smug:Brad
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	251
Size:	869.2 KB
ID:	99519
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Ouch. Sucks to be old. Glade i still have my planes to play with.
                      Dewey l

Comment

• I learned a long time ago, they're nice to look at but I'm glad there some one eases nightmare to put up with. :Smoking:;)
                        AMA 424553

Comment

• What's that saying? For every beautiful woman there's a guy who's tired of her crap. LOL LOL
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Yes Sir. LOL:Cool:;)
                            AMA 424553

Comment

• Just like beautiful airplanes some are high maintenance and some are low maintenance. You just don't know 'til after you've "invested" ;)Brad

Comment

• Okay while nowhere near as fun to look at, onward with the radial progress...

I decided the crank casing needs to be extended a little. I contacted my "3D Printer Guy" (who did the coolers for me) and he has agreed to tackle those 3 elements on the top of the casing. So for them to fit better (and to look a little more scale) I decided to use an old spinner. I dremeled and sanded it down to approximate the extension shape. Centered it best I could and set it in place with CA. Next up will be to add some bondo to the seamline, sand it smooth so the entire casing looks like one piece. From there, primer, sand, primer, sand then finally paint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	radial6.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	99570
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Wow starting to look like you xould has it up and run it. Beautiful ;). I can't see where you say you have limited building skills:Confused:. Can't wait to see it in the cowl.:).
                                  Dewey l

Comment

• Man my phone is messing up bad. Or my fingers.
                                    Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                                      Man my phone is messing up bad. Or my fingers.
                                      Use the phone as a phone(voice com device) and all your social media frustrations will disappear LOL
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                                        Wow starting to look like you xould has it up and run it. Beautiful ;). I can't see where you say you have limited building skills:Confused:. Can't wait to see it in the cowl.:).
                                        Well thanks! Smoke and mirrors my friends, LOL

I am following along with the help of this tutorial. He does a MUCH better and cleaner job than I am. I guess that's what I mean. I am approximating to where it looks decent, but if I truly had good tooling/manufacturing skills it would be more clean and precise. But since I have no plans to enter it in any static scale competitions, I will be happy with the "if it looks good it is good" paradigm. Today I hope to finish the casing up and have it ready for those three elements (if any of you motor aficionados know what those three parts are called please let me know so I don't have to keep calling them "three pieces" haha)...
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Well thanks! Smoke and mirrors my friends, LOL

I am following along with the help of this tutorial. He does a MUCH better and cleaner job than I am. I guess that's what I mean. I am approximating to where it looks decent, but if I truly had good tooling/manufacturing skills it would be more clean and precise. But since I have no plans to enter it in any static scale competitions, I will be happy with the "if it looks good it is good" paradigm. Today I hope to finish the casing up and have it ready for those three elements (if any of you motor aficionados know what those three parts are called please let me know so I don't have to keep calling them "three pieces" haha)...
                                          That's the mag and distributors.

Comment

Working...
                                          X