X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t01ga , Beautiful Corsair, Sir. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      t01ga , Beautiful Corsair, Sir. Best, LB
      Thanks Elbee!
      Tolga
      Instagram: @_t01ga_
      YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• GORGEOUS! Wanna come over and weather mine for me? I'll even wear a mask.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
          GORGEOUS! Wanna come over and weather mine for me? I'll even wear a mask.
          Haha, thanks
          Tolga
          Instagram: @_t01ga_
          YouTube: t01ga

Comment

• On the Freewing Corsair I like that the wing servos and lights use one ribbon wire per wing that plugs into the multifunction control box. The ribbon cables have 8 wires each. However, to remove the connectors from the MCB is a struggle for me. The connectors are the JST-XH connectors that we find on LiPo packs. The obvious solutions would be to buy a couple of balance tap protectors that we use on LiPo packs. But the ribbon cables would require a balance tap protector for a 7S LiPo pack. There are plenty of 2S to 6S balance tap protectors available, but I could not find 7S balance tap protectors which is understandable because there would be almost no market for them. So I designed and 3D printed a pair of 7S JST-XH balance tap protectors. Now I can easily plug and unplug the two ribbon connectors into the MCB at the flying field. I can't print nylon, but PLA worked fine. If anyone is having issues plugging in and removing from the MCB and wants to print the 7S connectors, please PM me. Happy flying.

Comment

• Hi guys I’m putting a feeler out for some gear doors. I need the inner door on the right wing if you are sitting in the seat. It will say R-L on the inside of it. Mine blew off after a repair. I’d hate to get a whole new set. Thanks for the help!
              MD.

Comment

• Hello all. I have the FMS 1700 mm corsair that I purchased from Motion RC. They stopped carrying this plane about a year and a half or two years ago I guess. I need a set of Maine gear and I can’t find them anywhere that’s in stock. They have been on back order for months and months. I am wondering if anyone knows if the main gear from this 1600 mm plane would work? Or if anyone knows of another set of gear that may work.
                thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Got the prop warbirds out for a few sorties today, 4 on each of them. Been flying the jets mostly lately and this is the first time I got the Corsair out since I installed the cowl flaps. I have to hand it to Alpha and Motion, this is definitely the best flying foam Corsair I've tried. I was thinking of using a 6000 mah battery, but I'm getting 9 minutes of aggressive flight time with the Admiral 5000's so I'm going to stick with that. It lands so smoothly on the grass with the Robarts, even with the 15 mph winds we had, at 35-40% throttle. And this baby has plenty of power to spare-they definitely have the right motor in this one (unlike the 1700 mm FMS P-51 I also got out). The Spitfire and the B-24 are equally outstanding, thanks again Motion! Too many planes to fly, not enough time to fly them, but I need to get this one out more!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200617_100404.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	260361
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh I have 4000. Zippy a bit more spritely. But the. 6200 zippy. Goes 4 ten minutes. Pretty cool if u happy scale stuff. That's me!!!

Comment

• Does anyone know what those black decal strips are for? They look like they are about 1/8" wide and there are many of them.
                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• This should help...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34458.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.1 KB ID:	263633

Comment

• Gotcha. I have never noticed those lines on the full scale

Comment

• Well, 2 and a half years after release but I'm just 'coming back' to the hobby after 15 years and it looks like a great time to fly again! As soon as I decide which trim I like more, I'm getting this! I have a spektrum dx9 radio. Any advice on a nice gyro receiver since all the admirals are out of stock at motion?

Comment

• Originally posted by evensen007 View Post
                              Well, 2 and a half years after release but I'm just 'coming back' to the hobby after 15 years and it looks like a great time to fly again! As soon as I decide which trim I like more, I'm getting this! I have a spektrum dx9 radio. Any advice on a nice gyro receiver since all the admirals are out of stock at motion?
                              Buy a Lemon. The Admiral is made by Lemon, but with some extra features. Personally, I don't need those features. The other option is to get any DSMX RX and put the cheapest HobbyEagle gyro on it or even the simple 3-axis Freewing gyro. To be honest, this plane does NOT need a gyro.

Comment

Well, 2 and a half years after release but I'm just 'coming back' to the hobby after 15 years and it looks like a great time to fly again! As soon as I decide which trim I like more, I'm getting this! I have a spektrum dx9 radio. Any advice on a nice gyro receiver since all the admirals are out of stock at motion?
                                ES, Welcome to Hobby Squawk and a hearty congrats on coming back to the hobby itself. Glad you're on board. Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Lemon is good or you could go with the new Spektrum AR 637T AS3X which carries a hefty $100 price tag. I have the older AR 636 in mine and for me it flies great, but then I use that receiver in virtually all of my props and jets so I'm used to programming it and have a decent feel for how much gains to program in for each type of aircraft. I've never used anything else so for me it's kind of been better to use the you know. Never had a problem with them either. And since you have the DX9, you can easily program the new AR 637T right from your transmitter, no more crazy apps and cable hook-ups like the 636 required. This Corsair is extremely stable and it probably doesn't need a gyro (although I'm kind of a wuss and have a gyro in everything, just in case), but I have flown it in some gusty cross winds and it was nice to have, especially on landing where I have extremely high gains programmed in on landing flaps. But that's just my thoughts on it, for what it's worth.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Maidened the bird cage Corsair today in a ton of wind. She flew great. I am running a Turnigy 6s 5000 pack and have it positioned just slightly aft of full forward. I also have a very small amount of up elevator dialed in to compensate. I tried moving the battery farther aft to zero out the elevator, but at that point the bird was too twitchy for my taste. So I think I have it about right now.

Here is a good video of flight number 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      Buy a Lemon. The Admiral is made by Lemon, but with some extra features. Personally, I don't need those features. The other option is to get any DSMX RX and put the cheapest HobbyEagle gyro on it or even the simple 3-axis Freewing gyro. To be honest, this plane does NOT need a gyro.
                                      Thanks! I was looking at the Lemon-RX DSMP/X Compatible 7-Channel Receiver with Stabilizer Plus & Diversity Antenna (Top-Pin) LM0043. I might be overthinking this, but in the corsair does it matter if I get top pin-out or end pin-out? Does one make it easier over the other to get everything plugged in?

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

ES, Welcome to Hobby Squawk and a hearty congrats on coming back to the hobby itself. Glad you're on board. Best, LB
                                      It is GREAT to be back! Thank you!

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                                      Lemon is good or you could go with the new Spektrum AR 637T AS3X which carries a hefty $100 price tag. I have the older AR 636 in mine and for me it flies great, but then I use that receiver in virtually all of my props and jets so I'm used to programming it and have a decent feel for how much gains to program in for each type of aircraft. I've never used anything else so for me it's kind of been better to use the you know. Never had a problem with them either. And since you have the DX9, you can easily program the new AR 637T right from your transmitter, no more crazy apps and cable hook-ups like the 636 required. This Corsair is extremely stable and it probably doesn't need a gyro (although I'm kind of a wuss and have a gyro in everything, just in case), but I have flown it in some gusty cross winds and it was nice to have, especially on landing where I have extremely high gains programmed in on landing flaps. But that's just my thoughts on it, for what it's worth.
                                      Thanks Hugh! If Lemon is legit and people are using them, I'm more than fine with it. Great price and seems to be easy to get unlike the Admiral variant. 100 dollars for the spektrum receiver seems a little off when the Lemon is only 40, so that would be hard to swallow.

Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                                      Maidened the bird cage Corsair today in a ton of wind. She flew great. I am running a Turnigy 6s 5000 pack and have it positioned just slightly aft of full forward. I also have a very small amount of up elevator dialed in to compensate. I tried moving the battery farther aft to zero out the elevator, but at that point the bird was too twitchy for my taste. So I think I have it about right now.

Here is a good video of flight number 4.
                                      You handled that really well in the conditions. Makes me want one even more. Any adjustments you intend to make after the maiden experience?

Comment

Thanks! I was looking at the Lemon-RX DSMP/X Compatible 7-Channel Receiver with Stabilizer Plus & Diversity Antenna (Top-Pin) LM0043. I might be overthinking this, but in the corsair does it matter if I get top pin-out or end pin-out? Does one make it easier over the other to get everything plugged in?
                                        That depends on where you end up installing the RX. A stabilized RX MUST be mounted as flat and level as possible on a cushioned mounting pad. You may have to build yourself a small wooden platform and secure it where it won't get in the way of moving servo parts. It also needs to be accessible from the top with a small screw driver to adjust the gain pots. Those being the considerations, it should not be mounted too far back where it could be under the roof of the fuselage. Perhaps a top pin would be better for your application, although end pin is not out of the question either.
                                        I've had 2 of those RXs in transit from RC Castle for nearly 2 months now and due to the pandemic, I'm sure they're stuck somewhere not being processed. Try to find some in the USA. I think there are one or two sellers in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          That depends on where you end up installing the RX. A stabilized RX MUST be mounted as flat and level as possible on a cushioned mounting pad. You may have to build yourself a small wooden platform and secure it where it won't get in the way of moving servo parts. It also needs to be accessible from the top with a small screw driver to adjust the gain pots. Those being the considerations, it should not be mounted too far back where it could be under the roof of the fuselage. Perhaps a top pin would be better for your application, although end pin is not out of the question either.
                                          I've had 2 of those RXs in transit from RC Castle for nearly 2 months now and due to the pandemic, I'm sure they're stuck somewhere not being processed. Try to find some in the USA. I think there are one or two sellers in the US.
                                          Thanks viper. They are currently in stock at amazon with prime shipping if that helps you. https://smile.amazon.com/Lemon-RX-Co...s%2C163&sr=8-3

Also: Doesn't the corsair already have the spot set up for the receiver? I downloaded the manual but it doesn't say anything about how/where to mount the receiver.

Comment

Working...
                                          X