Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nexa OV-10 Bronco 1800mm ARF Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by didier n View Post
    Hi all, new to the hobby squawk, been reading a lot though, but it's time to get some activity going....

I might get the Bronco as my next project, and need some more information....

Bronco Mike, you have given it a nice paint job, did you just sand the existing foil and sprayed it? I would certainly want to paint mine if i was to buy one, cause i'm not too keen on the sceme out of the box....

Thx,

Didier
    That the covering right out of the box. I toyed with the idea of painting it but decided I'll just scuff the covering with 000 steel wool and be done with it. It's very well done and a straight forward assembly..

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

That the covering right out of the box. I toyed with the idea of painting it but decided I'll just scuff the covering with 000 steel wool and be done with it. It's very well done and a straight forward assembly..

Mike
      Thanks for the reply, but i'm a bit confused now... all Bronco's i've seen from MRC and Pichler in europe were green, how come you've got a nice grey one??

Comment

• Originally posted by didier n View Post

Thanks for the reply, but i'm a bit confused now... all Bronco's i've seen from MRC and Pichler in europe were green, how come you've got a nice grey one??
        See post # 590 the gray one belongs to another fellow who painted his.

Mike

Comment

See post # 590 the gray one belongs to another fellow who painted his.

Mike
          Ok.... so my bad... just wanted to know how he did it... thx!

Comment

• Didier, All I did was a light steel wool, and then can sprayed the complete plane, except the bottom..... I'm guessing that there will be maintenance issues, due to normal use, but other wise I'm satisfied. Good luck with your's, it is a great airframe......The aircraft I chose was from the Val4 Black Ponies, Vietnam, period. late 60's

Bronco Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
              Didier, All I did was a light steel wool, and then can sprayed the complete plane, except the bottom..... I'm guessing that there will be maintenance issues, due to normal use, but other wise I'm satisfied. Good luck with your's, it is a great airframe......The aircraft I chose was from the Val4 Black Ponies, Vietnam, period. late 60's

Bronco Mike
              Hey Mike,

Thanks for the info, looking really nice ! I haven't pulled the trigger on mine yet, still gathering all information i can get. Haven't decided an color sceme neither.. so many to choose from..

Didier

Comment

• Didier

Most people here in the states use Callie Graphics, for schemes other than that which comes with the plane. They do a great job, as I sent in the jpg's and she created the required decals from the photos.... They do a great job at a reasonable cost.....

Bronco Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by walkerm45 View Post
                  Didier

Most people here in the states use Callie Graphics, for schemes other than that which comes with the plane. They do a great job, as I sent in the jpg's and she created the required decals from the photos.... They do a great job at a reasonable cost.....

Bronco Mike
                  Yeps..

I've seen her work here in europe as well, very nice, i will probably send her photo's once i decided what to make. Only downside for me is the lack of water slide decals, i prefer them for my foamy jets because i can get them better around curbes and panell lines. No need for them on the Bronco...

Comment

• Hey MikeT, those pilots look great as will mine when i get them in. How much did you trim the legs to fit? Did you reposition the arms by chance? Mine came detached in the mail before i received them so i have that possible option.
                    I ran my servo extensions to the elevator servo and started thinking with these long leads, would the elevator extension benefit with a JR snap on RF filter? Since im using SBus decoder, that sort of changes the signal type from the receiver to at least each boom. The other servo leads will be none extended and twisted from servo to decoder.
                    Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by sam51401 View Post
                      Hey MikeT, those pilots look great as will mine when i get them in. How much did you trim the legs to fit? Did you reposition the arms by chance? Mine came detached in the mail before i received them so i have that possible option.
                      I ran my servo extensions to the elevator servo and started thinking with these long leads, would the elevator extension benefit with a JR snap on RF filter? Since im using SBus decoder, that sort of changes the signal type from the receiver to at least each boom. The other servo leads will be none extended and twisted from servo to decoder.
                      Any thoughts or suggestions?
                      I took more than I needed on the legs but you really can't tell. I took their butts to a belt sander to get them to sit low enough for clearance. I still might take a bit more off them to get them to sit just a bit lower. They really do look great.

Mike

Comment

• ProFly OV-10 Bronco Flight at Warbirds Over Whatcom

Comment

• shame we cant get these in Australia without paying almost $300 us in postage :(

Comment

• Here is Pilot Robert's OV-10 is some strong wind. Turn up the volume to hear it!

Comment

• Hi To All , Just Found This Forum / Web Site . This build Vlog Is Fantastic !!! Just Purchased the Motion / ProFly OV-10 Bronco Kit . Looking Forward To the " New Arrival " :) Started With Post # ! and a Pot Of
                              Coffee , To The Last Drop / Post ! ( Oh my ! ) Sitting ,waiting for FED EX To Show Up !!!! :) :) :) .
                              More To Come . Happy Landings ! Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by CrashWrench Time 4 View Post
                                Hi To All , Just Found This Forum / Web Site . This build Vlog Is Fantastic !!! Just Purchased the Motion / ProFly OV-10 Bronco Kit . Looking Forward To the " New Arrival " :) Started With Post # ! and a Pot Of
                                Coffee , To The Last Drop / Post ! ( Oh my ! ) Sitting ,waiting for FED EX To Show Up !!!! :) :) :) .
                                More To Come . Happy Landings ! Mark
                                Welcome home to Hobby Squawk, CrashWrench! I'm glad you liked the build log our team produced. Continue to post your progress here so we can all share in your journey to put your Bronco in the air.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hi To All , Ok , wait for it ….. It's Here ,
                                  . It's Here , . It's Here , . It's Here !!! Holy Cow , "" Thats'a Bigg'a boxx'a ! ( He He :) . ) Thank You " Motion " And " Fed Ex " Wow , Box In A Box .
                                  I Will say ,There's Got to Be About $ 499.99 Dollars ( US ) Of " Bubble Wrap " ! Each Part Wrapped And Plastic Bagged . Pieces of foam Sheets And
                                  Cardboard to Separate the parts . Unwrapping Filled A Lawn / Leaf Trash Bag , The Covering is Tight , A couple very small Wrinkles Where the wood
                                  Has a Flaring . Ok ,, Now For the BAD ;( , Only Major Item ,, In The Cockpit , the Rear Seat Back Came Loose and Small Scratches on The Inside
                                  Of the Canopy . ( I Have Bad A Lot Worse .. " Rear Ejection Seat Failed ,, Not Enough Glue ,, Ha Ha ) . First Inspection , Inside the wings ,
                                  There is not Much Glue On the wing Tubes . It looks More Like a " Tack Weld " Than A Proper glue Joint . I'm Not Talking About Slapping
                                  Large , Very Large Amounts Of Glue For " One Joint " .
                                  Yes ! I'm Being Pickey !! I Also Fly / Beat / Crash / Rebuild ..... I I Inspect All My Air Frames ... ( Sometimes Making Bomb Craiters - - Ops ! )
                                  I hope to maybe put up some pictures this Weekend to show What I am talking about .
                                  Time for Bed . Thanks For Your Time . Later, Mark

Comment

• I see a lot of 6s setups here, is someone running a 5s setup ?

thx,

Didier

Comment

• I'm looking at 5S with Eflite Power 46's I think it will be a great match.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2544.JPG
Views:	614
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	217796

Comment

I'm looking at 5S with Eflite Power 46's I think it will be a great match.

Mike Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2544.JPG
Views:	614
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	217796
                                        looking forward to your flights! what's the kv and any idea of the prop size you'll be using?

Didier

Comment

• I think i remember a 5s setup back aways and i think you just copied it. Im going with 6s since i have mostly those for my EDF's already. Isn't there a 4s on here also?
                                          Hey didler, nice ride on your A10 and you'll need one of us to provide FAC coverage from the Bronco..

Comment

Working...
                                          X