Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Seawolves Bird is almost finished now, paint is complete, ammo belts added! Just needs the decals, pilot windows, and a set of clear chin bubbles. I ordered a clear parts set from RC Aerodyne, but they only sent the windshield. Their customer support is shut down, so guess I may be waiting for a while. Happy with how things have turned out so far though, may need to get it out and do a few flights over my RC PBR riverboat!

Comment

• The light gray mast and blade grips really bring it all together! I need to do that for mine!

Which PBR boat do you have?
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
        The light gray mast and blade grips really bring it all together! I need to do that for mine!

Which PBR boat do you have?
        I have the Proboat PBR. Took it out a few times with the 500 Huey and had tons of fun! Will be great to do the same for the Seawolf.

Comment

• Great photos! I have the same one, awaiting a weathering/detailing summer, possibly a bucket mod. It's a fun boat to run, and it looks sharp alongside your heli!

I need to repaint the teeth on mine:

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Well, crap!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the stabilizer bar put together (Trex 250 pitch gauge, flybar, and wheels locks) and when I tried to attach it with the head screw found out that the threads in the top of the head are buggered-up/stripped. Oh well. Checked at MotionRC for a replacement head, but, they are still out of stock. Bummer.......just have to fly it without a head cap until I can get a new head assembly.

Danny

Comment

• Originally posted by RCFlyer51 View Post
              Well, crap!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the stabilizer bar put together (Trex 250 pitch gauge, flybar, and wheels locks) and when I tried to attach it with the head screw found out that the threads in the top of the head are buggered-up/stripped. Oh well. Checked at MotionRC for a replacement head, but, they are still out of stock. Bummer.......just have to fly it without a head cap until I can get a new head assembly.

Danny
              I am waiting for a replacement head to arrive because I stripped the blade grip socket heads when trying to remove them. Had a lot of play in the blade grips which was causing a lot of vibration. So I tried to tighten them up, but they wouldn't budge. Anyway, I ended up stripping them so I just ordered a replacement head from eBay a few weeks ago. Still waiting for it to arrive

Comment

• Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post

I am waiting for a replacement head to arrive because I stripped the blade grip socket heads when trying to remove them. Had a lot of play in the blade grips which was causing a lot of vibration. So I tried to tighten them up, but they wouldn't budge. Anyway, I ended up stripping them so I just ordered a replacement head from eBay a few weeks ago. Still waiting for it to arrive
                What head (model number) did you order?

Danny

Comment

What head (model number) did you order?

Danny
                  I ordered this one. TL45110-01

Hope it fits!

Comment

• Thanks CM. Let us know how it works out.

Danny

Comment

• Decals arrived from Callie today, looks much better with the markings applied! All that remains is the chin bubbles and clear plastic in the pilot windows. Almost finished!

Comment

• Nice. I am waiting for decal from Callie as well.

Comment

• Hello all, I am confused, please clarify, Motion is now selling this as a 4S, I have a 6S version, it appears that some of you have flown this as a 4S with the original speed control and motor. Alpha, can you clarify, what are the differences between the two versions? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by wdmustang View Post
                            Hello all, I am confused, please clarify, Motion is now selling this as a 4S, I have a 6S version, it appears that some of you have flown this as a 4S with the original speed control and motor. Alpha, can you clarify, what are the differences between the two versions? Thanks
                            I have V2, if you want to call it that. The new ESC that comes with the Huey is a Platinum 40A which is rated 3-4s LIPO. (See my pic on page 9, post 180). I don't know which ESC came with the first batch of helicopters. As far as the motor is concerned, I believe its the same one based on reading thru the forums. 1800kv

Comment

• BTW...still waiting for the new rotorhead to arrive and then I can update y'all.

Comment

• Thanks Cm-Aero for the information. It seems from some of the previous discussions that some are flying the 6-cell speed control machine on 4-cells. Just curious.

Comment

• So the original replacement rotor head I ordered hasn't arrived yet; its been over 2 months. So I found a DFC head on ebay and thought, what the heck, why not try it. Got it in three days. Installed tonight and will finish up the install and rigging tomorrow (hopefully).
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                                    Decals arrived from Callie today, looks much better with the markings applied! All that remains is the chin bubbles and clear plastic in the pilot windows. Almost finished!
                                    How did you attach the air vents, antenna, wipers, and bar to the top of the fuselage? I had a friend print these items and plan to get them on the fuse in the next day or so.

Danny

Comment

How did you attach the air vents, antenna, wipers, and bar to the top of the fuselage? I had a friend print these items and plan to get them on the fuse in the next day or so.

Danny
                                      I used CA glue for some of them, but they are all designed to be attached with small self tapping screws. For the wipers, I drilled a small hole for the pivot shaft in the fiberglass just above the windshield.

Comment

• Thanks DeltaDart. Will post pictures once I get the items painted and attached. Got the decals from Callie a few weeks ago. Very nice quality.

Danny

Comment

• For a while now, I’ve had my Huey finished except for 1 part; the chin bubbles. After waiting for 2 months now and searching for different sources, I finally decided to make my own. Built a few wooden molds, set up the vacuform machine, and pulled a new set of bubbles. Very happy with how they turned out for a quick job! All that remains, is to change out the tail servo for something a bit faster and I can call this project complete!

Click image for larger version

Name:	B722C046-4DBD-4CE1-94D8-B0CE26EDA2FA.jpeg
Views:	494
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	254733

Name:	BBED645F-B352-4070-B035-44CC6E97436E.jpeg
Views:	456
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	254734

Name:	A3F4CF1C-85CD-412F-89A9-777719B6766F.jpeg