Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer done. So next Wednesday I will start to actual painting.

Gravy
    Attached Files

Comment

• Looking great Gravy. I’m definitely in on the 3D parts when you get ready. 95% of my parts are in hand for my AH-64 build so I’m getting pumped.

Comment

• Ok, net time I print in grey I’ll print you a set. I’ll pm you when I get to that point. Might not be until next week though. I have a bunch of stuff I’m printing this week already.

I got an idea on the main rotor sensor. DCORSAIR and myself went back and forth adding ideas to it. So he’s made one similar for his 700.
        I used a 500 canopy post, a quad frame stand off, a 450 main shaft lock collar, two 500 frame cup washers and two flat washers. I think it came out pretty good.

I also changed out the main wheels. I’m using the one on the left. I will paint the hubs to match the buddy.

Gravy
        Attached Files

Comment

• Wow Gravy, I think you got me beat, I need to go a little taller on mine.
          Thank you for the idea on how to make this scale part....​​​​​
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
            Wow Gravy, I think you got me beat, I need to go a little taller on mine.
            Thank you for the idea on how to make this scale part....​​​​​
            It’s all team work. The Idea was born then both raised and matured it.

I can’t wait to have them siting next to each other. It will remind me of the time I had my 450 MD530 sitting next to your 800 AH-6.

Gravy
            Attached Files

Comment

• Looking good. Are you planning to cut down your main shaft to lower the head like F106?

Comment

• Not at this point. I had a shorter shaft but issues I ran into was how much it limited my pitch throws. So I’m going to stick with control over scale on that.

Gravy

Comment

• Painting on the dirty.
                  tomorrow she’ll get you Helo green.

Gravy
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                    Painting on the dirty.
                    tomorrow she’ll get you Helo green.

Gravy
                    Love the progress updates. Keep'em coming!

Comment

• Got some paint done tonight. I’ll have to check it out in the sun tomorrow to really see if it’s done or not.
                      If done then I’ll put LG on so I can glue on the bottom antennas. After that I’ll mount the nav lights into the nacelles and attache them.
                      after that I’m sure n the home stretch.
                      got decals from F106DeltaDart, thank you sir, they are perfect.

no real glam pics yet, just a teaser.

gravy
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Looking good Gravy! Glad the decals made it there!

Comment

• Another teaser

Attached Files

Comment

• Got some work done today. Next need to do some clean up and touch up.

Gravy
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                              Got some work done today. Next need to do some clean up and touch up.

Gravy
                              Wow, looks great, can't wait until we get to put them side by side or even maybe fly them together..............

Comment

• Well time to put the mechanics back in.

Gravy
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Can’t wait to hear the colorful language.

Comment

• Actually the Apache installs really easy. I have them in and out a few times. It’s the Cobra that will require the colorful vocabulary.

Gravy

Comment

• All put together today. Decided to hot glue the tail support block in instead of epoxy. I did it so it can be removed later if needed. Glad I did, as it needs to come out again. The tail control arm transition plate is bad design. I thought I fixed mine but was wrong. I’m going to make one out of metal so the hole won’t oblong. The hole section is just sloppy. I knew it was going to be an issue, and should have just built the metal one to start off.

​​​​​​​Gravy
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks, Gravy. Good info. Haven’t progressed that far yet....still waiting on 4 blade tail hub from China.

Comment

• Got my piece made tonight. I found a piece of metal at work that was the same thickness ( or close enough) as the original piece. Marked it up using the original al as a template, drilled out the holes then cut and grinder it into shape. It’s a little bigger size wise but the holes are on mark. It’s also strong. So now I just need to uninstall the mechanics again and change out this piece. This is where I am glad I used hot glue to glue The wooden tail tube holder in. A little if alcohol and the glue will come right off.

Gravy
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X