Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still waiting on new tail shaft to wrap it all up. But all test flights have been fantastic.

here is a video I just took to show a buddy how smooth my belt drive is now.

Gravy

Comment

• Looks great. I have my longer tail shaft in the DeWalt lathe as we type to fit the 4 blade tail I gotta make.

Comment

• I just started print again this week as my fingers finally healed up. So if my MD500 landing light lenses print out fine I’ll start working on printing those Apache bits.
        I’ll PM you when I’m done.

Gravy

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• Tonight she flew in the fuse. Just a small hover but it was strong. I need a little more tail authority, which I have more to give, but other than a small adj she’s almost ready for full flight.

Gravy

Comment

• New 78mm tail feathers did the trick. I’m going to stick with the two blade tail rotor setup as it feels liked in during hover.

I need to pull her out one more time to move the microbeast and re-bind it to my external module, clean up some minor body issues and attach the weapons. She will be ready for full flight this weekend.

4s 5000, 1210kv, 16t pinion,72% calibrated throttle. 1900rpm head speed.

sound good and feels good, lifts off right at mid stick.

Gravy
              Attached Files

Comment

• Good news. Can’t wait for the pics and report. Got my cascade tail finished and waiting for new blades.

Comment

• Originally posted by PawPaw View Post
                  Good news. Can’t wait for the pics and report. Got my cascade tail finished and waiting for new blades.
                  Hope you have better luck with the multi blade tail than I did. If you do I might hit you up for info on how to make one up.

on another note. I have not started printing anything yet. Tomorrow after work I’ll change out the resin vat and start your parts. I need to print out a new MD500E landing light lense in clear before I can swap out resins.

so if I don’t have any issues with my FEP again, I should have them done this week.

Gravy

Comment

• No hurry on the parts...I’m bouncing between several projects trying to get caught up. I think I have the same 4 blade tail hub from Ebay (China) that you were using but mine was drilled wrong on one ear so tracking was impossible for that blade. I basically duplicated F106’s 4 blade setup with a few minor differences. Just waiting on the new 70mm blades now. Click image for larger version

Name:	30B6C2DE-38A0-4C01-875F-3A6452B7AE6C.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	312291Click image for larger version

Name:	14B3146D-B73B-4C1F-BE4B-2681F3CEB278.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	312292

Comment

• Where did you get the longer shaft?

Comment

• Bought a 10 pack of 4mm x 100mm shafts from Amazon. Got plenty if you decide to make one. In fact, I have all the parts to make another one except I’m short 1 grip assembly. We’ll see how it flies when the blades arrive this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                          https://youtu.be/wwji8KQUR5U

New 78mm tail feathers did the trick. I’m going to stick with the two blade tail rotor setup as it feels liked in during hover.

I need to pull her out one more time to move the microbeast and re-bind it to my external module, clean up some minor body issues and attach the weapons. She will be ready for full flight this weekend.

4s 5000, 1210kv, 16t pinion,72% calibrated throttle. 1900rpm head speed.

sound good and feels good, lifts off right at mid stick.

Gravy
                          Looks awesome Gravy, nice and smooth, still wonder why that 4 blade tail won't work, curious to see if PAWPAW gets his to work properly or not, also your old big 700 Apache is waiting for its little brother to fly some formation flights, just don't get to close and under my rotor wash, this 700 moves a lot of air..........

Attached Files

Comment

• Got my mechanics in the fuse for the 1st time and think I will take F106’s lead...again...and work on a shorter main shaft. Just too much sticking out the top to suit me. Maybe if I stare at it long enough it will look better?

Comment

• I originally went with a shorter shaft but then went back. I lost to much movement with my swash.
                              There are things I’m making concessions on so it flies better. In the end I want to fly the crap out of it.

Gravy

Comment

• I’m calling 99% done. Only thing to do is attach the windows.

Gravy
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great!

Comment

• She’s 100% done and ready for 1st mission,
                                    hopefully tomorrow.
                                    FYI I found double side led carpet tape worked really great to put windows in. I cut small strips and outlined the inside of the window frames. Peeled off the outside and stuck the window in. Worked great. No glue smudges.

Gravy
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Woohoo, looking good....

Comment

• Got to see Gravys Apache in person today, it looks even better than the pics and he hovered it for me as well, nice and smooth too, he also showed me the 3D printed parts he made for it as well as the parts for yours PawPaw, your going to be happy with them for sure, I dropped off my OH-6 for paint, which is why I was there today.

Comment

• It does look great, don’t it? I was trying to shame sfcfury into going pro with his painting skills but he not having any part of it. My new tactic will be to send him a pic of one of my mangy dog paint jobs to see if he has a conscience. 🤣

Comment

Working...
                                          X