Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
    Here is my 3D printed Horten IX (Ho-229). 1680mm wingspan.]
    DD, Outstanding, Sir. You are the King of design and 3D Printing. WOW! Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I just maidened this beauty. 3D printing has come a long way in a short time. Click image for larger version

Name:	idling.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	371121
      There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
        I just maidened this beauty. 3D printing has come a long way in a short time.
        WB, she is thing-a-beauty. Nicely done. What are her specs and equipment stats? Best, LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

WB, she is thing-a-beauty. Nicely done. What are her specs and equipment stats? Best, LB
          Many thx. 1800mm wingspan, 4s, 3600g AUW, 170 hours print time, LW-PLA, printed with Creality Ender 10 v2.

No wing spar by design... seems strong enough, but flexes a bit. 40 years of using wing spars made me nervous about it. We'll see how it does in the long term.

Rattle can paint and hand cut vinyl decals.
          There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Elbee
            Elbee commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking forward to 1st Check flight debrief. LB

• Hey y'all, I've doing a bit-o-3DP for my FlightLine 1600mm Corsair. Though not as exciting as an entire airframe, I think it is always a good thing to add features. I've always thought strut covers could be improved upon. Robart are okay, but mostly for the music wire struts. These are my attempt at some updating, Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1371.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	371152Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1376.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	371153Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1378.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	371154Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1381.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	371155Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1384.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	371156
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hey y'all, I've doing a bit-o-3DP for my FlightLine 1600mm Corsair. Though not as exciting as an entire airframe, I think it is always a good thing to add features. I've always thought strut covers could be improved upon. Robart are okay, but mostly for the music wire struts. These are my attempt at some updating, Best, LB

Name:	IMG_1371.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	371152Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1376.jpg
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	371153Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1378.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	371154Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1381.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	371155Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1384.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	371156
            Looks Fabulous, Elbee!! 👍👍👍

davegee

Comment

• I got a new printer in today, was a little learning curve, but I figured it out and am now printing our some combat planes.

Comment

• rifleman_btx, very nice. What filament do you use for printing those? Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

rifleman_btx, very nice. What filament do you use for printing those? Best, LB
                  I got some cheap petg from Amazon, it's printing great so far. Little bit of stringing, would be more than I would like if I were doing a standard plane other than combat.

Comment

• With this printer though I might revisit the f86 again for a reprint

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                      With this printer though I might revisit the f86 again for a reprint
                      RM, have you looked at the 3DLabs Poly-Lite PLA. I have not, but it looks intriguing.

I, too, printed their F-86 (fuselage only) and I am still amazed at the quality, the thin-wall designs, and overall construction.

How many of their planes did you print?

I might revisit that myself as I have the OEM 90mm EDF from my F-18C.

Not sure if the F-86 was 80 or 90mm. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I printed 4 of them, I keep looking at that filament, but haven't quite pulled the trigger on it, I also did their F4U and PBY.

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I remember all that. Great prints, btw. The filament's price point is a bit steep and figure the shipping is too. Want to print and build their Cub on Floats even if for Display Only. Best, LB

• Yes I agree, the way my petg has been printing, there may be some hope there. The stuff I got was 20 bucks per kg.

Comment

• My two printers are getting a bit long in the tooth.

If you had $500 to spend on a new printer, what would you get, knowing what you know now?

Comment

• I just got the ender5 plus, it came in a bundle that included a full metal extruder

Comment

• Anycubic Kobra Max. Large print area easy to set up and use.

Comment

• [ATTACH]n376290[/ATTACH]

Hey 3DP Printers/Aviators,

I designed a replica of the Freewing/Flightline Clevis for the 1.5mm Pushrod.

I was given 5 for my Flightline 1600mm Corsair Bubble-Top instead of 6, see picture.

These are available from MotionRC in a package of 6 pcs for a reasonable $2.39USD.

Shipping these little fellows to me in the "Heart of America" is an additional $4.21USD via DHL and will take approximately 10 days.

So, what to do?

Best, LB

Name:	Capture3.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	376291Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	376292Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	376293Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1435.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	376294Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1433.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	376295
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

[ATTACH]n376290[/ATTACH]

Hey 3DP Printers/Aviators,

I designed a replica of the Freewing/Flightline Clevis for the 1.5mm Pushrod.

I was given 5 for my Flightline 1600mm Corsair Bubble-Top instead of 6, see picture.

These are available from MotionRC in a package of 6 pcs for a reasonable $2.39USD.

Shipping these little fellows to me in the "Heart of America" is an additional $4.21USD via DHL and will take approximately 10 days.

So, what to do?

Best, LB
                                  Post the STL file on Thingiverse.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                                    Post the STL file on Thingiverse.
                                    1.5mmRodKeeperv1.stl

Kallend, not really a guy that posts over there. I understand they are working on the website. Anyway, here's the STL if you want it. Let me know if it downloads poorly. I put it in a ZIpfile. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I'm looking for a decent replacement for the ejection seat for the f9f cougar. It doesn't need to be perfect just good enough so the scale monkey on my back doesn't itch.

I've been messing around but haven't found the right look yet. So I thought Idd cast about to see if anyone has a seat design similar to the seats Grumman made for the cougar

Name:	70776634756__61EE7624-9B3A-49D5-A763-453ED131D8FC.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	381900
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                      X