Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha and Brandon, great job with those repaints! Excellent examples of how adding a fresh new livery can make an old model seem like an entirely new model altogether.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	64338Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	64331Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	64334Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	64335Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	64348Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	64329Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	64342Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	64341 Here are a few more from from days/years past that I've done.
      Brandon Moon

Comment

• Some really nice stuff here fellas. Great idea for the thread, it's something I'd like to learn to do, and soon. To date, all I've done really is touch up with a brush. I even tried to talk Brandon into painting one for me last year lol. (Freight cost killed that idea, but Brandon was kind enough to say yes to the paint job I wanted). Hopefully it's something I can start learning this year. Sooo many nice schemes to try. :)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	539.4 KB
ID:	64355
          Originally posted by Shirty View Post
          Some really nice stuff here fellas. Great idea for the thread, it's something I'd like to learn to do, and soon. To date, all I've done really is touch up with a brush. I even tried to talk Brandon into painting one for me last year lol. (Freight cost killed that idea, but Brandon was kind enough to say yes to the paint job I wanted). Hopefully it's something I can start learning this year. Sooo many nice schemes to try. :)
          Any time my friend...if you can ever work out the logistics ;)

Another one of my favorites from Loooong ago and would love to see redone in foam electric :)
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Is that you Brandon?? You mean to tell me you had hair once like me? LOL
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
              Is that you Brandon?? You mean to tell me you had hair once like me? LOL
              Yup...that's me way back in the day while I was home on leave from the Air Force, Back sometime around 1992 I think?
              Brandon Moon

Comment

• Very nice work Alpha and Brandon. Those both look great. I'm with Brandon on the 1.7m Stuka or even an ME-410. It's a Luftwaffe thing;)

Comment

• I had hair back then as well, but its since migrated into every nook and cranny where I don't want hair to grow!!LOL
                  I finally broke down and got some touch up paint for the E Flite Spitfire in preparation for the performance upgrade I have planned for her.
                  Yes, I admit, I got lazy with this one, but I was more interested in her performance as a transitional warbird than anything else. Now that she's proven herself in that regard, it's time to make a real warbird out of her in all respects. I originally gave her a coat of Spar Urethane for UV protectant and left it at that. After she busted her nose off, I did some touch up paint work on her but was never really satisfied, so today, got busy on her.
                  Now, what I wanted to mention is that I had Ace color match the green and and it turned out perfect, I recalled that the P-40's that the AVG used were originally tagged for the RAF and so the green, in theory, used on the P-40 should be the same as on the Spitty. Sure enough! I love two fer's!!
                  So, if anyone wants the paint code for the Spitfire/P-40 green, let me know.

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• I have a question about touch up paint.

Would it be possible to get paint direct from freewing,dynum or fms? How about that Motion RC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ablesrc View Post
                      I have a question about touch up paint.

Would it be possible to get paint direct from freewing,dynum or fms? How about that Motion RC.
                      That question was asked on another thread late last year or so and Motions answer was no with several solid reasons backing it.
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Hi Ablesrc, welcome to the Squawk!
                        Even if you could do that, it would be a lot more expensive than hopping up to your local Ace Hardware or the Big Box stores and getting a pint for less than $5 usually. I just went up to Ace to get the green matched for the Spitfire, took the old horizontal stabilizer that I have for spare parts, and they scanned and matched it perfectly. All Mine are repainted using Clark and Kensington Stain paint, to date, it's never let me down. Now I have enough paint to last a long time and I can get to work rather than ordering, paying shipping costs ans waiting a week for it to get here.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Concur...I always go to my local hardware store and have them paint match my models. Works to perfection.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I just repainted my FMS Yak for fun, and maybe provide a little easier orientation compared to the all Gray look. It's a variation of a Splinter Camo, and some different accenting. I used Createx Colors water based airbrush paint thinned out with Createx Illustration Base so it could be airbrushed at a much lower pressure and flow smoothly without blowing off the light masking done. I also added a different pilot because the stock one is absolutely ridiculous looking. A new power system is going in tomorrow morning, some radio programming, and it'll be ready to roll.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0567.JPG
Views:	574
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	65425Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0566.JPG
Views:	527
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	65426Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0568.JPG
Views:	528
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	65424Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0570.JPG
Views:	532
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	65427

Comment

• Very nice T cat!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Very nice!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Freewing Mig 21 and 70 mm Yak 130
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01594.JPG
Views:	491
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	65708Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01639.JPG
Views:	468
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	65709
                                  My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Yep, agreed. I really like that scheme. Nice work T cat, that looks very cool and very original thinking.

Nice job also bill, the yak looks sweeeet.

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Great job Bill and everyone in this thread on their paint jobs. I just went through each page and there are amazing projects that turned out stunning.

Comment

• Tigercat A-99. Callie Graphics for the insignia. Someday I'll find masking tape which doesn't peel off the base color.

Attached Files

Comment

• Invasion stripes on the P-38
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X