Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys. I have this beautiful bird....i love it ! So i want to know if someone has made an update of edf with 9 blades 80mm ? I have seen those one are mure power than 12 blades on pnp stock. Arround 2,6kg for stok pnp edf and arround 3kg for new 9 blades edf in A10. Thanks for your answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanguy51 View Post
      Hi guys. I have this beautiful bird....i love it ! So i want to know if someone has made an update of edf with 9 blades 80mm ? I have seen those one are mure power than 12 blades on pnp stock. Arround 2,6kg for stok pnp edf and arround 3kg for new 9 blades edf in A10. Thanks for your answer.
      I sold my F-14 to a friend of mine and he put the power plants from the A-10 in his, very impressed for sure, actaully thinking about getting another one and do the same, well worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I sold my F-14 to a friend of mine and he put the power plants from the A-10 in his, very impressed for sure, actaully thinking about getting another one and do the same, well worth it.
        Been wanting to do the same thing.

Comment

• Nice news thanks so much DCORSAIR

Comment

• When this first came out 3 years ago, I was quite keen until I saw that first video put out by Motion RC. It had all those warnings and precautions for flying it. I lost interest and never continued to read this thread. Lately, with the introduction of the big A-10 and the promise of new found thrust, I'm starting to take notice again. My A-10 blasts off our rough, grass field like it was nothing. If the F-14 had that kind of power, I can see the possibilities. Now comes the situation regarding the bouncy, bouncy landings. Has anyone installed the (mains) trailing links from an A-10? Do they fit and retract without hitting anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Is it worth buying the A-10 fans and swapping out the F-14’s stock system?

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

Is it worth buying the A-10 fans and swapping out the F-14’s stock system?
                "Worth" is a matter of personal opinion, but if I were to get this plane, that's what I would do. Looking at the 2 power systems, it would seem that the A-10's power system draws more amps judging from the ESCs they put in them stock (80A ESCs vs 100A ESCs), so I can only surmise that the A-10 power system puts out more thrust. I just know that my A-10 blasts off rough runways like they are no impedance at all. Also, knowing that the flying weight of the F-14 should be less than the A-10, one can possibly deduce that the F-14 with the A-10 drivetrain should make it perform far better. For me to buy the A-10 stuff, I'm looking at about $250.00 US. If a plane is not powerful enough, my field will eat it up. Besides, I like my jets as fast as they can within reasonable cost. Granted, going the "kit plus" version, then buying the power system makes this plane quite a bit more expensive than the stock PNP but then, life's short, can't take the money with me.
                As a further comparison, my Mirage came with what they call the "high speed" fan/inrunner motor. It spins about the same kv and has the 12 blade. By comparison, my Avanti S has the A-10 fan/motor and it's a larger plane. The Avanti can get off my field with no problems at all. My Mirage cannot. I've had to remove the retracts and hand launch it. Additionally, the Avanti S looks to be a bit faster doing a low level full blast fly-by.

Comment

• Well, I'm not going to say to go out an spend a bunch of money and then your not happy and I'm to blame, I had two F-14's and all I can say is they are boring to me, but after I seen mine fly again with the A-10 power, I was impressed at the speed it had. Now the guy was doing his maiden flight on it and didn't do any vertical climbs or any real low fast passes, in fact he pulled power back right after climb out and leveled off and flew it that way and it was still faster than stock at full power in my opinion....:Cool:

Comment

• That’s all I wanted to know I’m getting the A-10 mid October when they’re restocked at MotionRC. I thought about putting 90s in it and the 80mm stock fans in the F-14

Comment

That’s all I wanted to know I’m getting the A-10 mid October when they’re restocked at MotionRC. I thought about putting 90s in it and the 80mm stock fans in the F-14
                      Now, that's an interesting plan. Gotta chew on that one for a bit. :Thinking:

Comment

• Or just buying 2 of the new upgraded FW 80mm 1857kv Inrunners that will be out soon.

Comment

Or just buying 2 of the new upgraded FW 80mm 1857kv Inrunners that will be out soon.
                          Hmmm ............. any details? Link?

Comment

• They already have the 90mm versions on RC-Castle

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              Hmmm ............. any details? Link?
                              Here is the link to the new 90mm Inrunner. The 80mm outrunner is available already and the 80mm Inrunner will be available end of the week. They look to be the same weight but produce more thrust with less power.

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7739

Comment

Here is the link to the new 90mm Inrunner. The 80mm outrunner is available already and the 80mm Inrunner will be available end of the week. They look to be the same weight but produce more thrust with less power.

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7739
                                Thanks. I've been using the stock Yak 130 90mm fan/motor in my F/A-18 for a little while now and that system in a lighter plane makes it a rocket. I can only imagine what a few more kv will do.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post

Thanks. I've been using the stock Yak 130 90mm fan/motor in my F/A-18 for a little while now and that system in a lighter plane makes it a rocket. I can only imagine what a few more kv will do.
                                  I already have the 90mm Outrunner but have yet to install it in one of my F-15s. I have one F-15 with the inrunner and one with the outrunner. I almost want to take out all my current stock motors and sell them before everyone knows about the new versions haha. Also, I just purchased the red metal 70mm inrunner set for my SU-35. They are now heavy and inefficient compared to what is coming out... I think I'll send them back :)

Comment

• It's almost like computers and TVs. As soon as you buy a new one, it's obsolete.

Comment

• Fellow flyers I have decided to share my Tomcat I started back in the spring. Callie was able to generate the proper decals for Maverick's jet, after some back and forth with pictures and screen captures, which is was so inspirational since I watched Top Gun. Having flown in the Navy I had a love for the dirty and grimy aircraft (the clean ones always seemed to be breaking). So after reviewing the movie I tried to weather mine to give it that look. I haven't been able to fly it yet and honestly it just looks so good hanging in my bonus room that I am hesitant to ding it up. I added some details such as doing Maverick and Goose's helmets and patches by making decals at home, added the green tint to the front windscreen and did the ejection seat detailing. I do have some more detailing Id like to do but for now those will have to wait a little longer. The pictures are a mix of mid makeover to where it is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twister006 View Post
                                        Fellow flyers I have decided to share my Tomcat I started back in the spring. Callie was able to generate the proper decals for Maverick's jet, after some back and forth with pictures and screen captures, which is was so inspirational since I watched Top Gun. Having flown in the Navy I had a love for the dirty and grimy aircraft (the clean ones always seemed to be breaking). So after reviewing the movie I tried to weather mine to give it that look. I haven't been able to fly it yet and honestly it just looks so good hanging in my bonus room that I am hesitant to ding it up. I added some details such as doing Maverick and Goose's helmets and patches by making decals at home, added the green tint to the front windscreen and did the ejection seat detailing. I do have some more detailing Id like to do but for now those will have to wait a little longer. The pictures are a mix of mid makeover to where it is now.
                                        One issue with getting the right graphics for Maverick's jet is they didn't use just one jet for him in the movie... and you can see differences in the markings if you compare freeze frames in the movie.

But then... Maverick would have flown different jets with the first being the one in the opening scenes, second and third at the Top Gun school (since the first at school was crashed) and fourth when he went back to the carrier.

With any military pilot... you'd expect them to fly several different aircraft.
                                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Twister.............NICE and welcome to the Squawk.
                                          Since your a Navy vet, please make your mark over on the Military Branch Survey thread.

Best regards,
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          Warbird Charlie
                                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                          X