X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Desertlakeflying View Post

Lets just hope none of you get into RC turbine planes that don't think the throttle altitude and elevator speed is incorrect.
    Hard to tell what you are saying with so many deniers.

Most good turbine pilots will use throttle for sink rate and elevator for attitude only, just like you should.
    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

No issue whatsoever with the 920gm battery if you bury the BB under the ply plate .. That’ll give you heaps of battery space .. My CNHL 5000mah 6s G+ 70c weigh 873gms have no issue fitting & easily CGs..No mod to Canopy to fit heavier battery .. All I did was extend battery strap by hacksawing the strap track so there’s a better purchase on the Battery
      Sounds great, thanks. I intend to lose the bb entirely, so not worried about that

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Ugh, I'm going to have serious issues with my Panther Graphenes then, at about 920g. Oh well, was prepared for some construction work anyway
        I wouldn’t stress it. I have plenty of room to move my battery back. I mounted my receiver upright on one sidewall and my gyro upright on the other and even with the blue box back there i could move my battery back at least another inch or so.

If if you move the blue box you will have a ton of room.

Comment

• Crazy awesome work Steve!
          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Hard to tell what you are saying with so many deniers.

Most good turbine pilots will use throttle for sink rate and elevator for attitude only, just like you should.
            Pitch for altitude, power for airspeed - correct!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              What issues Goon? And why would the Gray be safer than the BA?

Got flights 26 and 27 on mine this morning.

It may not be posted on these threads but on the facebook groups there are quite a few crashes. Not sure if they are pilot error or something to do with the set up. I also noticed on the planes that I was working on this past weekend that there could be a lack of glue on the elevator mechanism. There was far too much movement for my liking and when I get one I will need to check that stuff pretty thoroughly. I need to get busy here though because I gotta have some for my airshow coming up in September...
              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

The Jet looks good Goon... It's got a lot of potential FerSher. It looks to be a solid flyer, even on the 'Stock' power. With a few essential Mods and Upgrades, this thing is gonna Rock !! I'm confident you'll have no difficulty bringing yours up to Speed !! Planning on adding another Twin GoonieBurner for mine, similar to the FW F-4D Arrangement I've worked out (No Drag/ No Central Blind Spot). Things get Emotionally Charged over here when you mention things like 'Issues' ... We all know what you're referring to Amigo !! GL . Cheers !!!

I got the Gray, and it's most likely getting a BlueJet No.5 PaintJob on it after a bunch of carving in of some 'KillerMods' !!

Click image for larger version Name:	d094ba7854dbaff732f6c9d88cad16f5--navy-blue-blue-angels.jpg.cf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.7 KB ID:	205007Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue+Angels.15.jpg.cf.jpg
Views:	1209
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	205012
                Yeah the plane does look really good but needs that deep thick layer of clear like Pete Lane put on his. I have quite a few set up options for this plane but gotta get it and experiment!! Running out of time!
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Hey guys,

below some nice tips, especially about pitch and power (#4) elevator for AOA/speed , throttle for sink rate/altitude

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Don't tell this, or that tailerons are completely unnecessary to the dude bashing people over on groups that cant even understand a basic sentence.

Comment

• Dude... bashing... You don't think people are on both forums?

Originally posted by Desertlakeflying View Post

Don't tell this, or that tailerons are completely unnecessary to the dude bashing people over on groups that cant even understand a basic sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        Dude... bashing... You don't think people are on both forums?

Since you aren't the one bashing why are you worried about it?? These forums can be great for good information, but far better for far too much poor information.

Comment

Incorrect.

The only situation in which this would be true is when having laminar flight. Which you should *not* have during your landing approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang Wagner View Post
                            Hey guys,

below some nice tips, especially about pitch and power (#4) elevator for AOA/speed , throttle for sink rate/altitude

https://youtu.be/BmMjrgFqzWo
                            Good stuff indeed, not just on this topic, but a lot of others too. Thanks!

The part specifically covering this topic is found 6:40 in: https://youtu.be/BmMjrgFqzWo?t=400

Comment

I think to answer this question you really have to ask what kind of equipment does your plane have? If you are flying a approach on the old school ILS, then more than likely you will fly the old way of pitch for airspeed and power for altitude. Now say your plane has a flight director, your command bars are going to tell you to pitch for altitude and as a result you will follow with power for speed. In the real world which ever way you fly it in all honesty elevator and throttle will always be tied together and be a balancing act. These days there are way to many variables to which one you actually use. It kind of reminds me of my instrument training, you learn the old school way of doing it, and that is great training and a skill set to have. But when you get out there in the real IFR world it’s way different thinks to GPS and ATC. So yes it really comes down to both are used in today’s world and it’s really hard to say which is right and which is wrong.

Comment

• Fredmdbud, I have the XD9 plus. Do you have your mixes written down on how you have your radio setup?

Comment

• Hey guys. Noob here. Just plugged in my F18 for the first time. Trying to bind. Solid red light is on and a steady beeping. Receiver not flashing so can’t bind. Any ideas?

Comment

• Hi Andy, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Not knowing what gear you are using but I would start with the basics. Make sure your bind plug polarity is correct. I have found sometimes that if it's in backwards it won't go into bind mode. Make sure your throttle and other lead polarity is correct for your particular receiver. Is your 6S battery charged enough to bind? These may seem like silly questions but I have found I have wracked my brain when I can't get a bind to discover it was something, well...silly! lol...If it's still not working tell us what gear you are using and we can go from there. Good luck!

My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Nice. Thanks Aros. I’ll try those things. Everything you said makes sense. No silly questions there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desertlakeflying View Post

Lets just hope none of you get into RC turbine planes that don't think the throttle altitude and elevator speed is incorrect.
                                        Thats correct for visual approaches. This doesn't apply to ILS approaches....we use pitch for altitude and thrust for airspeed control.

Comment

• There is a huge difference between flying small general aviation aircraft (Cessna etc) and bigger aircraft like jets for example. The later ones are flown by pitch for altitude and power (better thrust) for airspeed... Flying jets using thrust for altitude will result in some serious problems sooner or later.

However, flying rc models is a total different thing...

Comment

Working...
                                          X