X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
    Does the 80/90mm Warthog come stock with as hideous a pilot figure as the 64mm Hog?
    Yes Hoomi, The pilot is 'not so good' and if you want options, see JHH for the 1/10th scale modern jet pilot (full body) and cut that to fit. He's a little bigger than OEM and looks the part. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	863
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	196222Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003a.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	196223
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
      So, I think I'm ready for the maiden flight, why am I nervous I've flown pattern for 40 years. 84mm cg and 13.5 lbs total weight. Cg good? Click image for larger version  Name:	20190428_102009.jpg Views:	89 Size:	110.3 KB ID:	192197
      Point it into the wind, give it full throttle, count to six, pull the right stick back slightly, and we will help you pick up the pieces.....Just kidding ....Go Fly!

BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Yes Hoomi, The pilot is 'not so good' and if you want options, see JHH for the 1/10th scale modern jet pilot (full body) and cut that to fit. He's a little bigger than OEM and looks the part. Best, LB

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	863
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	196222Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003a.jpg
Views:	891
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	196223
        I have the 64mm Freewing Warthog, which measures in at 1/16th scale, but the pilot figure they include is closer to 1/8 scale. Calculating on the size of the head, the stock pilot figure included with the 64mm A-10 would be about ten feet tall. He also looks more like a sport pilot than a military one.

On the advice of another 64mm owner, I ordered a set of 3.75" tall action figures, which included a pilot, and repainted the uniform to look more USAF prototype. At 1/16 scale, 3.75" comes out to a five foot tall pilot - much closer to a realistic size for the plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post

I have the 64mm Freewing Warthog, which measures in at 1/16th scale, but the pilot figure they include is closer to 1/8 scale. Calculating on the size of the head, the stock pilot figure included with the 64mm A-10 would be about ten feet tall. He also looks more like a sport pilot than a military one.

On the advice of another 64mm owner, I ordered a set of 3.75" tall action figures, which included a pilot, and repainted the uniform to look more USAF prototype. At 1/16 scale, 3.75" comes out to a five foot tall pilot - much closer to a realistic size for the plane.
          I hear ya, sorry didn't realize yours was the 64mm. Sounds like you have it covered. Post pictures when completed, please. :Cool: Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here's a couple of shots of my pilot. I still need to do some touch-up painting around the reglued canopy, but the pilot looks so much better than the original. I added a short chunk of black heatshrink for the O2 line, and made a joystick out of small tubing, with heatshrink at the top for the appearance of the handle. It won't win any scale accuracy contests, but at least it doesn't look like my pilot is a cartoon character.

Comment

• Oh, and for comparison, here's a shot of the new pilot (pre-painting) next to the original pilot that comes with the 64mm Warthog.

Comment

• Hoomi, Well done. Yes the OEM pilot is a bit out of uniform. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• A nice day today to take out the A-10 and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice!

My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Roger that!!! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!!!!!!! Love your vets and lube your carbine!!! ;) Nice flight Bro!! Jerry

Comment

• Just went to the range for Memorial day! Carbine lubed....aye!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                        Roger that!!! FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!!!!!!! Love your vets and lube your carbine!!! ;) Nice flight Bro!! Jerry
                        :Cool: :Cool: :Cool:
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• By the way T33, I fly Mode 1 so it's count to six and pull the left stick back. Pulling the rhe right stick will only shut the engine down. Ha! Good advice though.

Comment

By the way T33, I fly Mode 1 so it's count to six and pull the left stick back. Pulling the rhe right stick will only shut the engine down. Ha! Good advice though.
                            Good God Man!, you must be one of few still flying that mode :).
                            Anyway this plane is easy to fly, just slow her down to land.

BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Nice flight T33! Great landing. Love that plane. USAF colors are awesome. Actually mode 1, which I learned to fly because my teacher flew 10 chl reeds (remember those?) back in the 60's. So, it was either learn mode 1 or go out on my own with my single channel galloping ghost. Actually most of Europe flies mode 1. That's their standard.

Comment

• Ok Aeros, I got a Firefly camera now, how are you guys attaching it to the plane without destroying the foam and the finish?

Comment

Ok Aeros, I got a Firefly camera now, how are you guys attaching it to the plane without destroying the foam and the finish?
                                  I find I can't. I have the Q6 myself. To mount it on a plane, I either have to permanently mount a piece of velcro on the plane and attach the camera to the same place every time. Or permanently install some clear Gorilla tape where I want the camera to go, then use a less sticky electric tape to secure the camera. Or I can paint the whole plane with some kind of clear sealer (I use Mod Podge) and do a double layer of sealer in the place where I want the camera to go. Even this is not a guarantee that something will come off when the camera is removed.
                                  I've seen people install the camera on a weapons pylon and attach it instead of one of the missiles.

Comment

• Yep, there's no way around to mounting a camera without flubbing up the foam. I just Gorilla Tape it to wherever I want it and then use touch up paint as I always have a quart of paint match with my models. Once in awhile I get lucky and I can mount it to the canopy or a plastic part so no damage to the foam.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• What Xviper said. I made a 3D-printed box to hold the camera, and the box mounts on a weapons pylon (I can put it on any FW pylon). This one is for a Mobius but I also have a box for the Runcam.

Name:	Camera - inverted.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	197679

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I'm considering, for the 64mm A-10, making a similar mount that will attach where the big drop tank goes, under the center of the fuselage.

Comment

• Thinking about maiden mine tomorrow after 2 months.

Quick run down of what not to do? Come in with power so not to bounce, I know. Most popular topic when talking about the A-10 it seems.
                                          Planes
                                          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Working...
                                          X