X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CM_Aero View Post
    Same here. No RC flying today, but was able to fly the Learjet home from being in maintenance in Arlington. It was great to get up flying again. Things are starting to pick back up. PS. Alpha it would be great to see a Learjet in the Lineup at MRC
    Love your mask, so that pesky little virus is even up at altitude? Be safe
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Love your mask, so that pesky little virus is even up at altitude? Be safe
      Company mandated. Such a short flight, didn't get to normal cruise altitude

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I don't know about that...crazy maybe...I don't know if I'll be able to stop now.
        This plane is amazing i have never ever seen RC plane like that!

Comment

• I went over to Gillette Wyo yesterday to help with setting stakes for a new building at the Gillette Sage Hoppers field then did some flying with two of my EDF's this video was cut short I goofed when I down loaded it. Which I had got the landing it was text book perfect. I need to study up on all the new video stuff LOL!!! but I am learning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwE3egoXFXU

Comment

• Pretty good week. A bit windy but I flew 'em anyway. Everything flew wonderfully. The only mishap was with the F-18 Blue Angels. Landed fairly well, but it veered off to side and up onto the grass while it was still going quite fast, bounced off the grass, came down and pulled out a main gear and nose gear, busted a gear door. I find it hard to aim it down the middle of the runway for some reason and it tends to be affected by cross winds on the ground more than any of the other planes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3603.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	398.6 KB
ID:	254914Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3604.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	254915

Comment

• Despite the drizzle I finally flew! Killed the battery in the end. Nice way to finish the batt off.

Name:	seren.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	254997
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• New in the hangar, the small F-16. Maiden today, nice and smooth flying 70mm...

Name:	20200516_115144.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	308.2 KB
ID:	255004Click image for larger version

Name:	F-16.2.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	255005Click image for larger version

Name:	F16-1.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	255006

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                  Despite the drizzle I finally flew! Killed the battery in the end. Nice way to finish the batt off.
                  Drizzle in Seattle? How rare!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Drizzle in Seattle? How rare!
                    Oh you be quiet.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
                      New in the hangar, the small F-16. Maiden today, nice and smooth flying 70mm...
                      Nice! Fun jet for sure.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Rather like the rarity of sunshine in Tucson...

Comment

• Got the RV-8 up for four flights this morning before the wind got up, beautiful day, temp went up 10 degrees in the time I was there.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Grass ops today for these planes. Video of Corsair and AL-37 will be in their respective threads later when I get a chance to edit them a bit.

Name:	IMG_3606.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	255076

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                              Despite the drizzle I finally flew! Killed the battery in the end. Nice way to finish the batt off.

Name:	seren.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	254997
                              How did you kill the battery, overheated it?
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Not really sure. I think it was just it's expiration date. 3-year-old battery.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Finally got back out to the Flying Field today after 7 weeks away, and put all three Planedemic builds up for their maidens. Only "casualty" was a broken prop on the Versawing from an ugly landing. I need to reduce the rates on the Versawing further, as it was extremely responsive to control inputs, even at the lower rates I'd already programmed. The Bushwacker landing didn't make it onto the video, as the micro SD card in that camera hit capacity before the end of the flight, but its landing was pretty much uneventful. I touched down, wind gusted up a bit, and she floated back up, and darn near hovered on the wind while I settled her back down.

The Flite Test Simple Scout and the Flite Test Mustang went up for flights today, also, but since they weren't maidens, I didn't add them to the video. By the time I landed the Mustang, the wind was starting to kick up, and conditions were getting ripe for Dust Devils (kind of like mini tornados - not damaging to typical stuff, but can throw an RC plane around like crazy), so I packed up and headed home. It did feel good to get back in the air, though.

Comment

• Stunning conditions here all weekend, no wind and 20deg C so plenty of action around the fields.

Saturday morning started off getting some decent flight time with a new truck (Kraton 8S, what a beast!) and then half a dozen packs on the Venom 90mm. Sunday morning saw the peanut gallery back in force as restrictions are being eased here, 6 flights each on the FW Avanti, FW F-22 and the little eflite 64mm F15. Cool having my first EDF out there with my most recent. Love the F-22 more with every flight.

Cold fronts rolling through from tomorrow.

Name:	97470690_3292312100787862_3086632733225517056_o.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	255184Click image for larger version

Name:	98318688_3292312550787817_4969547435174002688_o.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	255185Click image for larger version

Name:	20200516_133048.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	255186

Comment

• We've had windy and rainy conditions for over a week now, but I went out today regardless because the forecast is for even stronger winds and more rain for at least a week. Got lucky, calm winds and overcast (so at least not 91 degrees) and was able to get 18 flights in on my Avanti, Stinger 90, SU-30 and my green Extreme Flight MXS. As a added bonus, I was the only one at the field, talk about social distancing. Unfortunately around 2:30 the winds kicked up something fierce from the south (90 degree crosswind for us), so I called it a day, BUT WHAT A DAY, better than sitting in the house staring at my Hangar.

The SU-30 is kind of a dog, it's as nimble as a super tanker loaded with oil, but it is kind of fun to fly. Definitely needs take-off flaps on grass and landing with full flaps and the airbrake slow this semi down to a reasonable landing speed. Still waiting to maiden my F-18, which I want to do on an asphalt runway. That park, Markham Park, is a great facility but STILL NOT OPEN. It did open 3 weeks ago to campers and bicycle riders, but NOT RC PILOTS! The gun range is closed too. The place has been packed with 100's of bike riders every day and we found out the manager is an avid cyclist, and probably a regional director of FAA. I guess us RC pilots is just too stupid to act responsibly.

Name:	20200518_110344.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	255346Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_110359.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	255347
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• The rains are coming. Today was the last day for a few that I could fly. Again, near perfect flights.

Name:	IMG_3608.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	255358

Comment

• I love that Mystique xviper ! Another one on my Sailplane Want List...

I just checked and of course it's discontinued. E-flite apparently has an allergic reaction to keeping their product from being discontinued within 2 years. Sheesh.

Like the BoT, you know where to find me if you ever decide to sell.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X