Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the F-22 out for a spin. Such a great jet. Looks like I need to turn the gain down on the gyro. Not that the bird needs one.

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
      Thanks for the kind words but I know all 4 of my regular viewers probably wouldn't mind if I could find someone to provide some ground level footage too. I keep lookin'!
      What about your ground crew? Seem to remember in another video how he chased you down earlier on a take-off. Just fit him with a "puppy cam" and mount kibble & bits on the rocket launchers and your hornet will no doubt stay in the center of the picture!
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Did some aerobatics with Mig-29 the other day. Love flying big patterns with it in the sky...

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
        Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• 4 flights on the T33 before the winds came up. I do love that plane

Comment

• Another fine morning until the wind picked up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3862.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	314275

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
              Another fine morning until the wind picked up.
              Good stuff xviper! What's better than 1 Draco for the Canadian Bush? Two!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Good stuff xviper! What's better than 1 Draco for the Canadian Bush? Two!
                Hehe! Canadian BUSH! Good one! My buddy and I seem to acquire the same planes. We both have a Draco, SU-30, FW A-10, Eflite 80mm F-16 (on order), Radian XL, FMS 1700mm Corsair. He blames me for all his financial money woes.

Comment

• I got out today for the first time in over a week.

Name:	IMG_20210527_142933758_HDR.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	314282

Name:	IMG_20210527_152410299.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	314283

Two of my favorite planes as of lately!

Comment

• 406PIlot The Gilmore looks odd without its pants on. Must have just gotten out of a Zoom meeting .

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                      406PIlot The Gilmore looks odd without its pants on. Must have just gotten out of a Zoom meeting .
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Yes the wheel pants cracked and broke they were very thin and cheap. That was my only complaint about the Gilmore. I'm in the process of fiber glassing and filling in the pants with foam cut out for the wheel to fit. It should make it much stronger without adding much weight. I need to get those pants fixed because it does look funny without them.

Comment

• I noticed that one of my wheel pants has spilt at the seam on the bottom as well. I'll be changing out the wheels on mine soon, so will repair and beef up the seam area all the way around.

Comment

• Put the painting of the Mig and my 2nd Hornet on the back burner today and got out flying instead before the mad rush for the Memorial Day Weekend. Winds were 15 mph, but at least right down the runway so it made landings very slow (ground speed anyway) and easy. The F-4 Blue Angel and the F-16 flew great and was also able to try out the new 9 blade inrunner in the Stinger 90. It came with my 2nd Hornet but I got a separate 12 blade inrunner for that so the 9 blade ended up costing me only $20 (creative accounting indeed) over getting the Hornet ARF and buying the components separate. The Stinger flew well before with the 12 blade 1650 Kv outrunner, but the 9 blade 1900 Kv inrunner is a great upgrade. Now comes stock in most of MRC's EDF's, but wasn't about to spend $100 to upgrade it.

Speaking of MRC, several guys at the field were really bitc...ing at me about the recent MRC price increase, as if I have anything to do with it. Mostly because I'm always recommending MRC's aircraft over HH, but I get it, seems these guys didn't read the fine print on the website. That's why I got the Mig and the 2nd Hornet on the 14th, saved about $120. Everything seems to be going up these days with inflation and the cost of gas going through the roof, but that's another discussion for elsewhere!

After some 35 flights with the F-18, all of a sudden it's giving me flap issues, where they work fine on the ground, even under pressure, but in the air, the left flap won't go down. Reduced the delay but nothing seems to work. Man, it sure gets squirrely with one landing flap only, almost impossible to fly until it gets raised back up. Gotta figure this out, next plan is to bypass the BB.

Name:	20210528_111322.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	314342Click image for larger version

Name:	20210528_111339.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	268.0 KB
ID:	314343
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• 3mph wind at the PANDAS field today ( Pontefract and District aeromodellers) in Yorkshire so it was a mix and match day with the Freewing Avanti, VQ Airacobra, revitalised HK Yak12 and modified DW hobby Eagle with added rudder feathers, ailerons and extended and repainted eagle head. The original needed some modification for it to fly well! Hope you all had a good day wherever you fly.

Name:	IMG_20210529_104306_816[1].jpg
Views:	353
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	314443

Comment

• Hi guys! Got the RV8 and the Spitfire out today, finally got some flyable weather and on a long weekend! What's up with that?? Anyway, we have our annual fly in next weekend at Wyoming Sagebrush Hoppers field here in Cody, got the trailer dewinterized and ready to go. Always fun. Anyone heading for Nefi??

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• My buddy Gravy came over today with his newly built Roban 500 Apache and my Roban 700 Apache that he sold me, got the boys together for a photo shoot. We also got flight video which he is editing and I will post when I get the links to the videos from him.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• DCORSAIR I'm not a heli guy per se but that is just plain bad assery right there and would make me reconsider my allegiance.

A little Memorial Day sortie with the F-22 today.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Got in a few flights on the 500 Huey and tandem rotor 450 mechanics yesterday.

Comment

• First flight on this Pup since December of 2000. One of my father’s planes. I spent some time this winter modernizing the electronics, and re-rigging the flying wires. BIG fun.

Name:	2BE80F91-A629-42F6-8494-082C6987C12B.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	315540

Comment

• Beautiful!

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                          First flight on this Pup since December of 2000. One of my father’s planes. I spent some time this winter modernizing the electronics, and re-rigging the flying wires. BIG fun.

Name:	2BE80F91-A629-42F6-8494-082C6987C12B.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	315540
                                          What a classic, she must be a real joy to take out, especially considering it's origin. Wish I had the patience and skill required for one like this and kudos for keeping her in the family! My hats off to you, and your Dad!
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X