X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

What a classic, she must be a real joy to take out, especially considering it's origin. Wish I had the patience and skill required for one like this and kudos for keeping her in the family! My hats off to you, and your Dad!
    Thanks Hugh!

Comment

• Made a little tutorial on how to land consistently by recognizing runway geometry while landing in FPV using a Mig-29. Click image for larger version

Name:	Mig-29 over Mountain 3 edit1.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	315650
      Attached Files

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
      Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Took my new E-flite 1.4M Pitts out for its first joyride.

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Got a few flights in on the Eflite Hurricane and LX B-25 tonight. Unfortunately, I dropped my IX20 from around 2 ft, and now it won't boot up despite having no visible damage.. Guess it is going back to Horizon now..

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
            Took my new E-flite 1.4M Pitts out for its first joyride.

I'd swear that pilot winked at me after landing..

Nice flight.. excellent soundtrack!
            Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Well, took the Apache out early this morning for a Father's day flight, set up my phone to shoot a video but I forgot to push the video button and instead pushed the camera button and it took this picture, all that fancy flying for nothing. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210620_055626.jpg Views:	15 Size:	79.4 KB ID:	316520

Comment

• It was Grumman day today, perfect weather for a maiden!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5309.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	316842Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5310.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	316843
                As you can see, the Bearcat flew the yellow off some of the prop tips!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• My Avanti, modified BH Hurricane and scratch built uglystik at the field today

Name:	Avanti, Hurricane and uglystik.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	316944

Comment

• A little mock strafing fun with reflector sight and dubbed engine sounds in Zero fighter…

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Problem child day at the field. Took out My Little Gal II Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4451.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	318013and Old Crow Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8845.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	318014 (both Freewing Iron Ass P-51's running 650kv motors) landing gear is always a problem, they'll retract fine on the bench but MLG got her main hung up on the clamshell door in flight and would neither retract or extend on one side, the result was a one wheel landing. This after a good first flight! Scraped a bit of paint off the wing tip but hey, didn't do any more damage than that. My landing skills have greatly improved since the introduction of the RV8!
                      OC decided that she would hit me with a different problem and decided to loosen her motor from the x mount.
                      Wonderful children, they'll be flown again tomorrow

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Well, they both came home in one piece again, so that's saying something
                        Actually, MLG did better, got the gear to retract completely which was awesome and she flew fine. Still has some tail wheel issues with her extending straight but did some work on it and it should be okay now (crossing my fingers!).
                        Old Crow is still kind of weird to fly but better today. I rebalanced the prop which seemed to have helped, plus that fact that the motor stayed in place
                        So, just so I had a bird that flew well, I took the Bearcat out as well and wow, I didn't realize just how much I missed that bird until I got a new one
                        Stay tuned, actually, tomorrow will be an easier day, I'll take out some other planes and have some fun, sure love retirement!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Only had time to fly one plane once. Flew my 850mm mustang against the Dora, which was cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                            Well, they both came home in one piece again, so that's saying something
                            Actually, MLG did better, got the gear to retract completely which was awesome and she flew fine. Still has some tail wheel issues with her extending straight but did some work on it and it should be okay now (crossing my fingers!).
                            Old Crow is still kind of weird to fly but better today. I rebalanced the prop which seemed to have helped, plus that fact that the motor stayed in place
                            So, just so I had a bird that flew well, I took the Bearcat out as well and wow, I didn't realize just how much I missed that bird until I got a new one
                            Stay tuned, actually, tomorrow will be an easier day, I'll take out some other planes and have some fun, sure love retirement!!

Grossman56

Glad to see you enjoying retirement, I can't wait for that day to come for me, been driving truck for a long time but still got a ways to go, wake up and go fly everyday if I want to, must be nice Grossman..

Comment

• Thanks DC, it's been so smoky here lately that I've avoided going outside, Batteries are charged up and ready to go though.

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• Dug out the B17, Avanti and F16 for a few fights at DDMAC today

Name:	B17 field photo 16th July 2021.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	318937

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                                  Dug out the B17, Avanti and F16 for a few fights at DDMAC today

Name:	B17 field photo 16th July 2021.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	318937
                                  Love the B-17, wish MRC would being one back someday.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I flew my OV10, Tigercat,& my Eindecker today at my clubs Warbird fun fly. I also took my DVIII as a display I got a lot of good comments on it. I hope to get it in the air next Saturday since I just need to put the nose weight in it.

Name:	d12.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	319101Click image for larger version

Name:	d1.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	319102

Comment

• Here is some inflight pics of my OV10 & Tigercat

Comment

• In regards to the B-17, I honestly thought that after the B24, we would see a B'17 in line with the great work Tired Iron George did on his. But nothing. Would be great to see, perhaps an F model, hop down to the Boeing Museum of Flight to check out their F model or go see Memphis Belle in Dayton for reference.

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Got in some B-24 flights at the club yesterday with JD Crow's B-24, and a friend on the sticks of my HK B-17. Was a lot of fun to get 3 bombers up in the air at once!

Comment

Working...
                                          X