Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't get a flight in, but I did get a short hover test on the Roban 700 Cobra.

Comment

• Mine ...................................
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3898.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	319296

And the rest of the troupe ...........................................

Name:	IMG_3899.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	319297

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        Mine ...................................

Name:	IMG_3898.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	319296

And the rest of the troupe ...........................................

Name:	IMG_3899.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	319297
        Nice lineup, especially yours!
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I went to the Northern Rockies EDF Jet Jam this past weekend and got to fly with a great group of people. Some excellent flying went on with some really beautiful planes. It was inspiring! Click image for larger version

Name:	20210718_093006.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	319336

Comment

• CZ T-28 day for myself and three fellow club members. These things are fun.

Name:	DAC2F07D-4BC8-4FD1-9D4B-9F8B3DB83B9C.jpeg
Views:	346
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	319346

Comment

• Here's a better shot! So many planes! Click image for larger version

Name:	20210718_092830.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	319349 A few more planes than pilots, go figure!

Comment

• Wow! Wish I could have made it for that one! Thanks for posting the pics.

davegee

Comment

• davegee It was fun! Quite the lineup of planes and pilots. Aviation and rc enthusiasts. It made me wish for an airstrip closer to me even more. I should make a trip to Cody and fly as well. A little driving to have access to an airstrip is definitely worth the while!

As you can see in the photo, like everywhere in the west, it was smoky at times. And warm but great weather for flying.

There were so many favorites but the F4s impressed me the most. I left knowing that I will end up getting a Phantom.

Comment

• Maiden flight on the water with the Beaver.
                    Attached Files
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Maidened my 1/4 scale Tiger Moth today. Five beautiful flights then home to the hanger.. safe and sound!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowing's Girl View Post
                        Maidened my 1/4 scale Tiger Moth today. Five beautiful flights then home to the hanger.. safe and sound!
                        You did a great job flying her!

For those that may not have put two and two together yet.... this is my wife. Also a long time RC model builder and pilot. Finally got her to join Hobby Squawk.

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                          Wow! Wish I could have made it for that one! Thanks for posting the pics.

davegee
                          Almost went myself but wasn't clear if it was a fun fly or a jet jam. Smoke was really bad here as Dave can attest and I wasn't sure what it was going to be like there, it was just outside of Thermopolis, correct?

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                            davegee It was fun! Quite the lineup of planes and pilots. Aviation and rc enthusiasts. It made me wish for an airstrip closer to me even more. I should make a trip to Cody and fly as well. A little driving to have access to an airstrip is definitely worth the while!

As you can see in the photo, like everywhere in the west, it was smoky at times. And warm but great weather for flying.

There were so many favorites but the F4s impressed me the most. I left knowing that I will end up getting a Phantom.
                            Hey, you'll have to let us all know if/when you're coming up! We'll have a HobbySquawk Wyoming get together! We'll probably have another fly in in September if you're into it

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Grossman56 Thanks! If it's before then, I will let you know! Otherwise, if you do have a fly in in September let me know! I have a feeling it would be a good time, I would definitely make the trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Almost went myself but wasn't clear if it was a fun fly or a jet jam. Smoke was really bad here as Dave can attest and I wasn't sure what it was going to be like there, it was just outside of Thermopolis, correct?

Grossman56
                                No it was up in Helena! I think the club in Riverton had a fun fly the same weekend or a week before. It was definitely a Jet Jam in Helena. There was some solid flying happening there and a great group of people. I imagine it was just as smokey and hot as Cody. It's been smokey and hot here and was for the entire drive up to Helena. Hopefully things out west change for the better with the fires soon. It has been oppressive. We were fortunate to have some rain today which helped the air quality tremendously. I hope the rain drifted your way!

Comment

• We keep hoping for a little bit of rain and the air quality has actually got better. Cloudy today so I headed to the field with my buddy Ron. I had P-2 out to buddy box with him as well as the Pitts and the P-40. Great day as the wind was mild and after buddy boxing (he's been flying his drone for the last year so its a matter of building the program to fly an airplane again, he's been using his Flight Sim and did great!) I blasted the Pitts in the air for the first time since the rebuild. The old theory that it takes a good crack up to make a plane fly well proved itself again as she flew fine!
                                  My P-40 is the ugly duckling of the fleet and really represents the flying scrap heaps that the Flying Tigers were flying in '42. As ugly as she is, man she flies great. I lost a spring for the one gear door so she is missing one, just adds to the effect.

Name:	20210722_102442.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	319590Click image for larger version

Name:	20210722_102457(1).jpg
Views:	251
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	319591

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Nice looking Pitts. I have an Arrows Bearcat. If I ever repaint it, that's a scheme I will definitely consider.

Comment

• Grossman56 Beautiful!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                        We keep hoping for a little bit of rain and the air quality has actually got better. Cloudy today so I headed to the field with my buddy Ron. I had P-2 out to buddy box with him as well as the Pitts and the P-40. Great day as the wind was mild and after buddy boxing (he's been flying his drone for the last year so its a matter of building the program to fly an airplane again, he's been using his Flight Sim and did great!) I blasted the Pitts in the air for the first time since the rebuild. The old theory that it takes a good crack up to make a plane fly well proved itself again as she flew fine!
                                        My P-40 is the ugly duckling of the fleet and really represents the flying scrap heaps that the Flying Tigers were flying in '42. As ugly as she is, man she flies great. I lost a spring for the one gear door so she is missing one, just adds to the effect.

Name:	20210722_102442.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	319590Click image for larger version

Name:	20210722_102457(1).jpg
Views:	251
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	319591

Grossman56
                                        Great pic of you, the Pitts, and Heart Mountain, all it one photo!!👍

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                          davegee It was fun! Quite the lineup of planes and pilots. Aviation and rc enthusiasts. It made me wish for an airstrip closer to me even more. I should make a trip to Cody and fly as well. A little driving to have access to an airstrip is definitely worth the while!

Glad you made it up there. How long a drive was it from your place to Helena?

F-4s are a lot of fun, get your heart pumping some.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

Working...
                                          X