Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 3 flights today on the HSD 120mm T-33, beautiful sunny 70° day here in Ca. so I maidened it plus two more flights, flies excellent and no problem seeing it, it's huge, a couple of clicks of trim and it was flying perfect.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
      Got 3 flights today on the HSD 120mm T-33, beautiful sunny 70° day here in Ca. so I maidened it plus two more flights, flies excellent and no problem seeing it, it's huge, a couple of clicks of trim and it was flying perfect.
      Do you think that runway is long enough ???

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

Do you think that runway is long enough ???
        I just joined this club last year and thought the same thing, then I heard they extended it, when I seen it yesterday I was like WOW its long, this T-33 comes in so slow I didn't use a 1/4 of it, I don't think I will ever need the brakes, but I had to use them anyway for the cool factor..

Comment

• Got out with a few of my EDF's yesterday, the Mig, A-10, F-18 Tiger Meet and the F4 Blue Angel. Excellent weather for a change. Got some video of each but will most likely take some time to put them together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211128_101255.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	331272Click image for larger version

Name:	20211128_101327.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	259.2 KB
ID:	331273Click image for larger version

Name:	20211128_101312.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	331274
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Got in a few flights on Sunday on a few of my helis. Brought out the 500 size Huey, HO3S, and Apache. For the first time since I’ve flown it, I was really able to enjoy the Apache. Tail response is smooth and crisp now. The HO3S is always a favorite as well. It’s always fun to taxi around a heli and do running takeoffs and landings.

Comment

• Maidened my new Flightline P-51D 850mm yesterday. First pack went A-Ok but flew too slowly and spun her in on second pack. Cracked the wing and canopy, but all is repairable.

It flys wonderfully! (Notice the folding prop? - requisitioned from the Shrike spares pile.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211129_P-51D-850mm_Maiden.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	331304

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                Got out with a few of my EDF's yesterday, the Mig, A-10, F-18 Tiger Meet and the F4 Blue Angel.
                Hugh, Beautiful stable you have there, Sir. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• First trip to the field with a new Bridi Dart Cart III. Has a Power 46 with two 2s 6000’s running in series. Big vintage fun, and great weather today in southern Ohio.

Name:	95CA160E-85B1-41E3-9C92-10F093844868.jpeg
Views:	359
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	331560

Comment

• We have had months of perfect flying weather here in Central Utah (but chilly in the mornings!) Yesterday afternoon I took out the Shrike after adding some color...

Name:	20211203_Shrike_1920x1080.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	331588

Comment

• Went out yesterday with one Pandora since I had six 3 cell batteries charged, wow what a great day, clear and virtually no wind after a week solid of high winds.
                      I believe that's the first time I've flown in December!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• A few photos from flying some afternoon air support with the Apache and HG Cougar MRAP.

Comment

• I
                          i flew my 2 warbirds p51 f4u... myw f4u needed some roll trim after straighening the wing... but p51 no trim second flight.. had a go around full flaps. On landing..better on half flaps
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Winter snow arrived in Central Utah yesterday. Took out the Flightline P-51D 850mm for its fourth session today and proceeded to crash... again! (4 of 6 flights have been tip-stall drill-bit jobs - Note to self: don't fly pocket warbirds low and slow!) This unit is starting to get pretty ragged after three rebuild trips through the near-boiling water + foam-tac phoenix treatments. On the plus side Its getting more colorful on each incarnation! Once I finally figure out how to reliably NOT CRASH this thing - (I have been primarily a glider pilot used to gentle stalls) - it will be time to build P-51D #2 and then the FW-190 Dora 850mm sister bird.

Here's a shot from this afternoon with Signal and Monroe peaks in the background:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211211_P-51D_850mm_02.jpg Views:	1 Size:	92.3 KB ID:	332323

Comment

• Oops, duplicate post D'oh!

Comment

• We got rain coming Monday so I got some flights in on the scale helis today, two flights on the Apache, one on the Cobra, had 50% left in my batteries so I charged them back up and got one flight on the OH-6, nothing broke or needs fixing, I call that a great day.

Comment

We got rain coming Monday so I got some flights in on the scale helis today, two flights on the Apache, one on the Cobra, had 50% left in my batteries so I charged them back up and got one flight on the OH-6, nothing broke or needs fixing, I call that a great day.
                                  Nice model train

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

Nice model train
                                    Yeah, my other hobby, its giant scale...

Actually it is my other hobby for when I retire, as you can see in these two pictures, right above the helis a layout goes around my shop in a circle 8 with a cross over, every hobby room needs a train of some kind...

Comment

• Middle of December in Montana and the weather was fantastic for flying it's so hard to believe. Got out today and put 6 flights on the Avanti.

Name:	IMG_20211213_124451579_HDR.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	332477

Comment

Yeah, my other hobby, its giant scale...

Actually it is my other hobby for when I retire, as you can see in these two pictures, right above the helis a layout goes around my shop in a circle 8 with a cross over, every hobby room needs a train of some kind...
                                        Sky train

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                                          Middle of December in Montana and the weather was fantastic for flying it's so hard to believe. Got out today and put 6 flights on the Avanti.

Name:	IMG_20211213_124451579_HDR.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	332477
                                          You are not short of space and dramatic backdrop in Montana. Avanti S is looking good

Comment

Working...
                                          X