• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be watching with interest!
    Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Warbird Dan View Post
      This Freewing F4 is a super good looking model and I would love to have one but not until Motion vastly improves their quality control and develop some costumer service. I’ve purchased 3 models from them and only one of them didn’t have major problems out of the box. Their customer service on those defective models didn’t suck only because there wasn’t any. I can only hope Horizon picks up the Freewing line the way they did the FMS line. I’ve always loved the F4.
      Sorry that you have had problems with your purchases, I have bought many dollars worth of planes and other product and when I have had a problem they are right on it and i have new parts or Plane on my door step with in days.

I just received an order and the Tomcat motor has a bad bearing in it(Not Motions QA) and the new replacement is on the way.

If you really want good customer service than you need to contact BH...and others.

You want to talk about other aspects to the story, there shipping is way better than any other RC supplier including Horizon, a week in shipping from them and two days for Motion whether free or pay for it,I payed Horizon and I still don't have my order that was ordered at the same time(Motion don't sell the parts).

Motion, Keep up the good work. R.
      AMA 424553

Comment

• Thanks for the response! I don’t have the batteries yet but these are dimensions. My buddy is using the 6s in the A4. I’d love to use more than 5000s but also don’t want it to be a led sled considering the 8s motor and fan is already heavier than 6.

4s 35c

Weight (including wire, plug & case): 547 g

Dimensions (mm): 36 x 46 x 153 (H x W x L)

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hey Tumbler, welcome home. I fly the stock 6s PNP F-4 on 6s 5000 longer than three minutes, and some of the videos from the other guys show longer flight times, too. AceMiGKiller's review estimates 3-4 minutes. I'm down by 4:00 though, not dropping gear at 4:00.

Of course, knowing you, I'd safely say you're one of the guys in my mind who'd be more happy with the 8s 12b version, so I'm glad to see you got that one. Your Roaring Top 8s 6250 should fit fine and give you the flight duration you want with energy management. Ryan posted battery bay dimensions earlier in this thread, but if you posted your battery dimensions I can verify fit for you with my own F-4 here.

Comment

This Freewing F4 is a super good looking model and I would love to have one but not until Motion vastly improves their quality control and develop some costumer service. I’ve purchased 3 models from them and only one of them didn’t have major problems out of the box. Their customer service on those defective models didn’t suck only because there wasn’t any. I can only hope Horizon picks up the Freewing line the way they did the FMS line. I’ve always loved the F4.
          Yeah, ditto here. Sorry about your experience. My experiences with Motion RC have far exceeded the service I've experienced with any company, not only RC companies. As far as I'm concerned, any time I need any RC gear, I check Motion first. Only if they don't carry what I need do I even check anyone else.

Comment

• Steve you are a king among men! Scale parachute setup from scratch?? :bluetongue
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	EC73D481-B163-4373-9856-F06D4737C16E.jpeg
Views:	670
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	118513Click image for larger version

Name:	B25F4822-CE8A-4941-85F8-7B5621D4F93D.jpeg
Views:	655
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	118512Click image for larger version

Name:	F794E08E-4C71-4985-BA58-D3AA2B2DF18D.jpeg
Views:	694
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	118511
              Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I will try to post progress as I go. Many thanks to Helmsman52 for helpng me with this by relating information he has found and some images. I plan to try a little different approach from making Gore's. This thing could quickly turn into a mess and I don't know what size the tail end of the fuse is where it would have to fit. I have some 1.1 oz calendared rip stop nylon that I ordered and plan to use 80# test braided Spyder Wire for the chute cords. This is basically what I am shooting for.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch-1.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	118469

I may succeed or I may fail but I am at least going to give it a shot. I also plan to reinforce the tail where it anchors to the plane.
              Hey thanks Steve and yes this can turn out into nightmare even if completed because of not knowing if it will fit in the tail without the F-4 in front of you lol.

Comment

Warbird Dan, I tried to send you a private message but you have PM disallowed. I read your comment about Motion RC customer service and your experience. I assure you this is not typical. Please send me your name and email address so I can look into any problems you've experienced. If you have time, please let me know what happened. I founded this business with two things in mind. First, I wanted to create superior RC airplanes and second I wanted to create a customer service experience second to none. I want Motion RC to be the hobby shop I always looked for but could never find. I believe this has been achieved but there is always room for improvement so please send me a PM with your information and some details about your experience. I'd love the opportunity to help you.

Best regards,
                Tom Ellison, owner Motion RC, LLC

Comment

• Warbird Dan, I did some research and I do remember you now. You purchased an FMS 1700mm P-51 from Motion RC 4 years ago and you had many problems with the FMS retracts. Hindsight is 20/20 and at the time FMS had just switched retract manufacturers without telling us. The new manufacturer likely saved FMS money but the quality was terrible. FMS sent Motion RC multiple batches of retracts with absolutely terrible quality.
                  I detailed your problems and how we helped you in my post #25 on this page: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...eriously/page2
                  Frankly, I don't blame you for becoming frustrated. We were frustrated with the poor FMS quality too. We sent you new FMS retracts multiple times and they were all bad. Eventually we received good retracts from FMS so we sent them to you along with a brand new set of wings at no charge since your wings were beat up from all the retract changes. We also provided a $40 gift card to help make up for all the trouble caused by the poor FMS quality. While I understand your frustration, to say Motion RC did not help you and we have no customer service is certainly not fair. I encourage anyone who is curious about this history to check the post referenced above.

Next you ordered a FlightLineRC P-38 a few years ago. Unfortunately, it did have one bad servo. We offered to replace the servo for you but you declined so we sent you a free return shipping label and provided a 100% refund for you. This is detailed in post #30 here: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...eriously/page2

I ask that you please do not judge Motion RC based on a very bad batch of retracts made by FMS 4 years ago. Furthermore, we never had any input into the design of that plane as it pre-dated the existence of Motion RC. Freewing and Motion RC both put great effort into quality and if there is a problem we make it right. Motion RC and Freewing company owners are very like minded in that we concentrate on customers and quality first which, believe it or not, is extremely different from other RC manufacturers out there. My team spent well over a year designing and testing the F4 with Freewing (and all other new Freewing and FlightLine RC planes). I guarantee we've spent more time in China with Freewing and other Motion RC manufacturers than any other RC company in the USA with the goal of achieving excellence in quality, QC, and QA. Lastly, my customer service team and I put great effort into making every customer happy. We are not satisfied until our customers are happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                    Warbird Dan, I did some research and I do remember you now. You purchased an FMS 1700mm P-51 from Motion RC 4 years ago and you had many problems with the FMS retracts. Hindsight is 20/20 and at the time FMS had just switched retract manufacturers without telling us. The new manufacturer likely saved FMS money but the quality was terrible. FMS sent Motion RC multiple batches of retracts with absolutely terrible quality.
                    I detailed your problems and how we helped you in my post #25 on this page: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...eriously/page2
                    Frankly, I don't blame you for becoming frustrated. We were frustrated with the poor FMS quality too. We sent you new FMS retracts multiple times and they were all bad. Eventually we received good retracts from FMS so we sent them to you along with a brand new set of wings at no charge since your wings were beat up from all the retract changes. We also provided a $40 gift card to help make up for all the trouble caused by the poor FMS quality. While I understand your frustration, to say Motion RC did not help you and we have no customer service is certainly not fair. I encourage anyone who is curious about this history to check the post referenced above.

Next you ordered a FlightLineRC P-38 a few years ago. Unfortunately, it did have one bad servo. We offered to replace the servo for you but you declined so we sent you a free return shipping label and provided a 100% refund for you. This is detailed in post #30 here: https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...eriously/page2

I ask that you please do not judge Motion RC based on a very bad batch of retracts made by FMS 4 years ago. Furthermore, we never had any input into the design of that plane as it pre-dated the existence of Motion RC. Freewing and Motion RC both put great effort into quality and if there is a problem we make it right. Motion RC and Freewing company owners are very like minded in that we concentrate on customers and quality first which, believe it or not, is extremely different from other RC manufacturers out there. My team spent well over a year designing and testing the F4 with Freewing (and all other new Freewing and FlightLine RC planes). I guarantee we've spent more time in China with Freewing and other Motion RC manufacturers than any other RC company in the USA with the goal of achieving excellence in quality, QC, and QA. Lastly, my customer service team and I put great effort into making every customer happy. We are not satisfied until our customers are happy.

Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• And Seconded!!:Cool::Cool:

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Well there you have it.... Great job Motion RC. Your the best.... That is why I have spent about 2K this past month on items from you. I only use Tower or Horizon or HK or BH if you don't have what I am looking for..... Full disclosure, had to buy a BushMule on sale!!! LOL Thank you guys for all you do!!! Jerry

Comment

This has not been my experience with MRC at all. I did have some quality issues with some FMS products (motor on pnp cessna and replacement motors for 1700mm fms warbirds) MRC was quick to respond and even quicker to make it right. I was having motor noise with my cessna and they asked me to take a video of it and send it in to see what the problem was. Within 45 minutes of sending the video in I received an email notification that a product from MRC had shipped. It was a new motor. Best customer service I have seen from any hobby shop or vendor for that matter.

Comment

• I ordered mine today as promised! Now the wait! :)

Comment

• Pre-0rdered my Freewing 90mm F-4 Phantom on Feb. 9, 2018 really looking forward to it. Armament only shows Aim-9 sidewinders. Being on a weapons load crew on F-4's for 4 years in Vietnam, Japan and Korea I loaded countless Aim-9,Aim-7 missles. Also Suu-16, Suu-23 20 mm gun pods centerline on our F-4's. Why are Aim-7 sparrow middles not included. Also a scale Suu 16-23 20mm gun pod would be a most welcome addition.

Comment

• AIM 7's could be hand made pretty darn easily, there is literally nothing to them, turn a dowel, add some fins

Comment

• Thanks bbaumer on the DIY project on the Aim-7's. Could be a fun addition. Hopefully my aircraft will be arriving around mid-April.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                                    Warbird Dan, I did some research and I do remember you now. You purchased an FMS 1700mm P-51 from Motion RC 4 years ago and you had many problems with the FMS retracts. Hindsight is 20/20 and at the time FMS had just switched retract manufacturers without telling us. The new manufacturer likely saved FMS money but the quality was terrible. FMS sent Motion RC multiple batches of retracts with absolutely terrible quality.

Thank you Tom. I recall that exchange now as well. I believe Motion was in the right concerning what happened and I feel sorry for Dan.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	118633Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	118634Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	118635
                                      Alpha - A piece of home. Photos from a beautiful day in Southern California. All the guys and gals say, "Hi!" Temp: 75, Winds 2-4 mph.

Evelyn and I are just loving the excitement and enthusiasm expressed by many pilots and spectators today at Apollo Field in Van Nuys, CA.

Comment

• Fantastic! My Pacific Northwesterner roots are green with envy. Great planes, great weather, great company...What could be better?!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• This is quite the incredible lineup there, and the F-4 definitely stands out as a real masterpiece! Sounds like you guys enjoyed an awesome afternoon of flying, those conditions can’t be beat!

Comment

Working...
                                          X