Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

•  

Comment

• It appears that in the real world, the next generation of the L-39 has arrived.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2282.PNG
Views:	647
Size:	752.1 KB
ID:	159691Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2281.PNG
Views:	599
Size:	823.0 KB
ID:	159692

Comment

• I originally posted pictures after the paint job on the L-39, but forgot to post pictures of it after some detailing. I pinstriped the plane with gloss black, provided some rivet detail, added a landing light on the nose gear, some added strobe and beacon lights (can’t be seen in the the pictures), and a few more little things. The separation of colors and the contrast of the pinstriping pulled it all together for me as I felt something was missing a bit initially. It’s a fun plane, tracks great, lands easily, carries momentum well, and built solid. Another winner for sure from Freewing and Motion RC.

Some of the Motion RC staff will recognize the flying field. :Cool::Smug:

Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great T-CAT!

Comment

• Man T-CAT, that's worth at least TWO pans of lasagna! Great work!
            Pat

Comment

• LOL Thanks guys! Now if only the jet would make Lasagna like a Jetson’s style microwave, then I’ll be fully satisfied. Lasagna for all any time we’ would like.:)

Alpha.....get on that invention! Lasagna hydro dispenser into the battery bay when the jet is not in use. I’ll never have to leave the field again, and have plenty of food for everyone at events. Giddy-up!

Comment

• Nice job T-Cat!

Comment

• Beautiful and looks like highly visible in the air T-CAT!

Comment

• Thanks everyone. It really does stand out well for orientation during flight. The stock paint scheme does too, but this is extremely easy to see. Hopefully the white paint doesn’t yellow too much over time, but that’s okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                      I originally posted pictures after the paint job on the L-39, but forgot to post pictures of it after some detailing. I pinstriped the plane with gloss black, provided some rivet detail, added a landing light on the nose gear, some added strobe and beacon lights (can’t be seen in the the pictures), and a few more little things. The separation of colors and the contrast of the pinstriping pulled it all together for me as I felt something was missing a bit initially. It’s a fun plane, tracks great, lands easily, carries momentum well, and built solid. Another winner for sure from Freewing and Motion RC.

Some of the Motion RC staff will recognize the flying field. :Cool::Smug:

Very smart colour scheme. That is way past cool, that is sexy!!!
                      Tolga
                      Instagram: @_t01ga_
                      YouTube: t01ga

Comment

•  

Comment

• 3D-printed belly gun pod courtesy of Roy (VRF201) on RCG.

Pat

Comment

• Update on the Blue MCB-E's that have come back to the warehouse for testing. To date I have tested 7 units and all are functioning properly. Only 2 did not work right off the bat so I performed these steps shown at this Link https://www.motionrc.com/blogs/motio...d-mcb-e-issues and for some reason it got them back in sequence. I have tested other Boards prior to shipping to the customers and they worked fine for me however once the customer tried them they were unable to get them to function properly. I have not seen any photos of the wiring in any of these customer's planes so I cannot say for sure if they were wired correctly. So far we at MotionRC do not have a truly defective board to see what may be happening so we will continue to look into the matter but for now it may be a wiring issue. If need be for those having issues simply use a Y-Harness for the Rudder and Steering Servo connected directly to the Rudder Channel on the receiver. (Just like we have done for years).

Comment

• Thanks Wayne, I'll try that and see if it solves my non-working rudder/steering in gear up mode. If it does, I'll have my ticket closed.
                              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post

Very smart colour scheme. That is way past cool, that is sexy!!!
                                Thanks a ton! It is somewhat of a Frankenstein, but meant in a good way :). I wanted a paint scheme that was unusual and one that didn’t exist on a L-39. So far it’s been a good choice for visibility and was fun to paint. The great part of repainting this plane was that the stock decals were mostly waterslide and those hid extremely well under a good coverage primer and it made the rest of the paint job very easy due to the thin nature of waterslides. If someone is on the fence on repainting it, this jet was one of the easier ones to do in my opinion. :Cool:

Comment

Thanks a ton! It is somewhat of a Frankenstein, but meant in a good way :). I wanted a paint scheme that was unusual and one that didn’t exist on a L-39. So far it’s been a good choice for visibility and was fun to paint. The great part of repainting this plane was that the stock decals were mostly waterslide and those hid extremely well under a good coverage primer and it made the rest of the paint job very easy due to the thin nature of waterslides. If someone is on the fence on repainting it, this jet was one of the easier ones to do in my opinion. :Cool:
                                  Man you have done a great job. What I liked about it was that this colour scheme made it look like quite an aggressive jet. I don’t whether you agree but feels like made it look bigger as well. Can’t wait to get my hands on my pre-ordered one in the UK.
                                  Tolga

Comment

• Originally posted by t01ga View Post

Man you have done a great job. What I liked about it was that this colour scheme made it look like quite an aggressive jet. I don’t whether you agree but feels like made it look bigger as well. Can’t wait to get my hands on my pre-ordered one in the UK.
                                    As much as I respect the stock paint job and Freewing did a phenomenal job on it (I almost felt bad covering it up, ha-ha), I have never been a big fan of it on the full scale L-39. I knew I had to change it to something I’d enjoy more as I’m flying, or as it’s sitting there on the ground while I’m talking to friends at the field. It does appear a bit larger for some reason with this paint job, I agree. I think what also really sets off the L-39 paint jobs in a good way is a nose cone that’s all painted for some reason, as the nose is very long and it needs (my opinion of course) a break to set it apart, and the stock paint scheme chosen does not. Also, a major factor for me in chose of paint schemes is to cover up any black painted foam and not add any myself as it can look pretty terrible over time in the sun and heat. This new paint scheme for me provided a military jet feel and a sporty nature at the same time, which I enjoy. I’m a fan of sport jets and military jets, so that helps. :)

Good luck on your upcoming arrival of the L-39. I really do think you’ll enjoy it. It’s a great overall jet and it’s hard to find things to improve upon, especially at this price. It’s truly incredible. This is coming from someone who was not even going to order the L-39. :Scared:

Comment

As much as I respect the stock paint job and Freewing did a phenomenal job on it (I almost felt bad covering it up, ha-ha), I have never been a big fan of it on the full scale L-39. I knew I had to change it to something I’d enjoy more as I’m flying, or as it’s sitting there on the ground while I’m talking to friends at the field. It does appear a bit larger for some reason with this paint job, I agree. I think what also really sets off the L-39 paint jobs in a good way is a nose cone that’s all painted for some reason, as the nose is very long and it needs (my opinion of course) a break to set it apart, and the stock paint scheme chosen does not. Also, a major factor for me in chose of paint schemes is to cover up any black painted foam and not add any myself as it can look pretty terrible over time in the sun and heat. This new paint scheme for me provided a military jet feel and a sporty nature at the same time, which I enjoy. I’m a fan of sport jets and military jets, so that helps. :)

Good luck on your upcoming arrival of the L-39. I really do think you’ll enjoy it. It’s a great overall jet and it’s hard to find things to improve upon, especially at this price. It’s truly incredible. This is coming from someone who was not even going to order the L-39. :Scared:
                                      Thanks T-CAT I am sure I will. You’d ismy favourite conversion so far. Thanks for sharing.
                                      Tolga

Comment

• That orange looks very impressive! It reminds me of cross between a BVM Electra or Super Bandit, and a test plane at Edwards circa 1960s.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                          That orange looks very impressive! It reminds me of cross between a BVM Electra or Super Bandit, and a test plane at Edwards circa 1960s.
                                          LOL You know you’r planes my dude, and veryyyyyy well. That’ is exactly what it’ is supposed to be. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X