Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best size and battery configuration for the f22 8s? And what is the best battery size to use for the 6s version also. I'm using admirals.

Comment

• I like 5000-5200 on 6s.

Comment

• 5000-5200 8S. 5200-6000 6S. But it's more than just the mAh capacity. Price, weight and the way they perform (actual C) are all as critical. With respect there are much better batteries than Admirals.

Comment

• Comment

• At the end i made and finished the conversion of my F22 to turbine using the kit from bigboysrc. It will be equipped with X45. I can't wait to fly it. Total weight is 3700 g, without fuel in the main tank, so in my mind will be just fine comparing with the EDF version where i had around 3900 g.
            Attached Files
            Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• Looking great!

Comment

• So this Monday i have the maiden. It flies awesome with the turbine, what sound!! Unfortunately someone told me that because of the bifurcated pipe i will lose from total power and also will increase the fuel consumption, yeap it is right, the flight is around 5 min, but i have full power when i need it. I will make a film next time.
                Badan Kit - Yak55M 2.8m; EF - Extra 300 2.3m; Multiplex - Funcub;Funjet Ultra2;Parkmaster;FW - F22 90-X45 Xicoy;ROBBE MISTRAL 2.0

Comment

• I have a question. So I purchased the 6s version because the 8s is sold out. So I also purchased the 8s edf unit to switch it over. However I have a castle 130 amp 8s esc I took out of a crashed 8s f18 I had. Will the castle phoenix edge 130 amp 8s 34 volt Max 5a bec work well with the 8s unit from motion? I just don’t want to screw anything up.

Comment

• It will, mine pulled 110A stock. The BEC being 5A would be my concern but you'll be OK. If you didn't already have that ESC the stock 150A/ 5/7.5A BEC at $140 is a really good deal. I also like the new V5 Hobbywing 120A HV, it's 8S and the BEC in it is 8A/ 20A max and it has reverse thrust.

Aircraft:>FLYFUN Series - HOBBYWING North America (hobbywingdirect.com) $90, there are discounts on line for these too.​

Comment

• Plenty of fun to be had with the 6s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230528_083315.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	378446

Comment

• Still grounded but she's ready for a maiden with me at the sticks. Looking good!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

If you are willing to dump a lot of money in radio gear, then I'd suggest Jeti over Spektrum anyday... and so would most people flying really expensive models, I think.

There you'll get functionality AND reliability. ;)

Powerbox CORE is another decent option, but Jeti has them beat for the time being me thinks.
                          I started moving from Spektrum to Jeti but at my age, having got to grips with Spektrum, couldn't cope with the Jeti programming. If I was programming every day, perhaps I would have managed. So I've decided to sell my Jeti stuff and concentrate on getting max out of Spektrum. I'm planning on upgrading from NX10 to iX14.

Comment

• Does anyone have an idea of when these models will be back in stock on motionrc? I got a budget and this jet looks awesome to add to the collection, but if it’s not going to be back in stock until fall, might get something else.

Comment

• Needing a little help with my F-22. I bought the ARF version last year and installed the 1835kv 6S motor with a Freewing 130A esc using Admiral 6000 pros. This setup works great in my F-4. I have it programed with tailerons and the ability to turn ailerons on and off. CG'd at book specks. ESC has been calibrated. It struggles to get off the grass field I fly at which is well maintained. Once in the air, it feels heavy and doesn't have a lot of power. So, after watching many videos of some greatly skilled pilots, I upgraded to the 8S setup. Still struggled to get off the ground but did notice a little bit more speed once airborne, but had to maintain 60 to 80 percent throttle, which sucked down the batteries. I have a 5280rc afterburner system installed and thought that might be restricting some of the air flow, but many have the same setup. I have since gone back to the 6S setup to shed some weight. I have the F-14, F-4, A-10, F-86, and for the life of me, can't get this one figured out. Other than moving the CG back for earlier rotation, could anyone think if I am missing something? Or is this just the way this airframe flies? Below is a link to my latest flight. F-22 starts at the 4:15 mark. Thanks for all the suggestions and input.

Comment

• Comment

• Some more fun... ^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                    "This your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

That is the most impressive and extensive programming I've seen yet in OpenTx to open the flight controls and envelope in a model, very well done. And here I am, just now finally purchasing the 8s version with only 8 channels to play with on my Spektrum NX8 radio, but your setup makes me want to put the F22 on my Radiomaster tx16s to squeeze every bit of performance out of this aircraft 😁

Comment

• Hey, sorry!
                                      I somehow missed your reply... thanks!
                                      I definitely do think you'd make a lot more out of your Raptor on the Radiomaster than the Spek transmitter. 16ch FTW! :)

Comment

• Hello,
                                        Last weekend I had a bad landing and I broke the nose door (the fixation in the red circle). Because on the site they are out of stock can someone with F22 90 mm to tell me from the surface how many mm is the height and depth for the small circle. I want to print some and glue until will be again available.
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1060
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	384743

Comment

• Depleted 2 cell battery question. I'm new to the forum and new to the F-22. I use a 6 cell, 5000mah, 50C Admiral and a 2 cell, 5000mah, 50 C in the F-22. I purchased the 8 cell F-22 in March and have flown only 4 times. I normally fly with another club member who is a more experienced flyer. He does the landing and I handle the switches for flaps and landing gear. Our previous flights were uneventful, with 12--15% battery charge remaining on both batteries. This week we flew the F-22 and as I called out 1 minute remaining, he began the turn for downwind leg. He called out that he had no power to the engine; fortunately we had power to the servos. He was able to guide the aircraft close to the field and land with minimum damage. When we pulled the batteries the 2 cell was depleted, registering "0%" on the meter. Cell 1 showed 1.21 volt; cell 2 showed 3.07 volt. The 6 cell showed 50%, with average cell voltage of 3.85.
                                          Obviously, I flew the model too long (timer was set at 3:45 minutes). I never experienced where one battery was depleted and the other still showed lots of voltage. The guys at MotionRC didn't have an answer. Wondering if any flyer has experienced this????? Solutions: Do you have more confidence flying with 2, 4-cells???

Comment

Working...
                                          X