Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LB you cockpit looks great. I see you used the modified short version of the tub. I am going to have to find someone to do that for me. The V8 tub dose not fit well with the frame canopy mesh. All the extras in your cockpit are files or are they hand made? Love the detail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
      LB you cockpit looks great. I see you used the modified short version of the tub. I am going to have to find someone to do that for me. The V8 tub dose not fit well with the frame canopy mesh. All the extras in your cockpit are files or are they hand made? Love the detail.
      DM, The Cockpit Frame lays on top of everything. It is a little over-sized to cover and is glued to the foam sides and the foam aft of the "Pit". You just need to make certain when you glue in the Tub it is flush with the sides and forward enough to clear for the "Pit". You don't have to print a new tub if you carve a small piece of foam to fit the aft portion of Tub. That was my first thought when I designed the last version of the Tub as there isn't much there that shows once the assembly is completed. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
        Simply Beautiful .... We are not worthy!!!
        E4DG, I thank you, Sir. Of course you're worthy, otherwise I wouldn't have posted all the STL Files for you to print! Ho Ho Ho, kinda an early Christmas gift. Looking forward to seeing more cockpits from everyone. I just wish I could have gotten these done earlier this summer, busy year here. Best always, LB
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LB, great job! I've started assembly of my cockpit parts as well. This one comes without tub. Files will be posted here soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpeg
Views:	897
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	222779Click image for larger version

Name:	Parts 1.jpeg
Views:	902
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	222780Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpeg
Views:	846
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	222781

Comment

• RG, Absolutely gorgeous, Sir. Diggin' the Fwd IP. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• RG your rear behind the mesh is different than LB's. Did you produce that yourself with a file??

Comment

• DM, all parts (except the canopy bow) are different from LB's cockpit design. Note that the mesh isn't printed, it's made from window screen material. The files will be released within the next days.

Comment

• Gents & Gentlewomen, Not to be out done by Radar-Guy, I got the HUD glass cut and fit, trouble was I had made the channel and support slot .02" and my clear was .03" so had to do some scraping at the edges. I'll remember next time. Should have the cockpit buttoned up in a day or so and then it's on to the A/C lights. Taking a page from RCJD and adding the Vertical light, Formation Lights, and additional Nav lights. Should be quite interesting and hopefully I'll do as well. Does anyone know if there are STL Files for Actuator Covers? Would save mucho time. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• That right there is all kinds of impressive, Elbee and Radar Guy! Inspiring!
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Both you guys work is what got me into wanting to do my cockpit. I'm impressed with all the detail.

Comment

Hey Guys thought I would share, Full Repaint FW F-18 Hitec Elevator servos Re-glued the Elevator mounts Bypassed the blue box ( lights and gear only ) Tripple Y'd the Gear removed the deployment delay Added HE Gyro Jeti MUI for Battery monitoring Light Burner AFB Call Graphics
                        E4DG, WOW, just saw your post. You have raised the "Bar" here, My Friend. Absolutely Gorgeous. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks man!! This one is next ... full repaint! the gear is just way too cool!! Got a full cockpit planned.
                          E4DG, Do you think the gear would fit the Freewing? That would be something. Also, are you designing your cockpit for this variant? Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Finally finished my special RAAF paint scheme! I'm very satisfied with the result and I made a static vid.

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

E4DG, Do you think the gear would fit the Freewing? That would be something. Also, are you designing your cockpit for this variant? Best, LB
                              Unknown.... I like lines of the tandem F-18.... the gear for Eflite aint cheep! :-) Yes full repaint and 3D part upgrade going in to the Eflite. Doing Agressor from VMFAT101

And thanks for the very kind words on the FW Bug :-)
                              Attached Files
                              Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I wonder if it's possible to do a double cockpit in the Banana Hobbies Super Hornet? It's the same scale length as the Freewing model with a 6" longer wingspan.

Comment

• Just about done with my A4 so I started on the paint for the F!8. Son was a A/T in 113. Also going to try some glow in the dark tape for the formation lights. Looks promising.

Comment

• Lookin' gooood!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogietrim View Post
                                      Just about done with my A4 so I started on the paint for the F!8. Son was a A/T in 113. Also going to try some glow in the dark tape for the formation lights. Looks promising.
                                      BT, I used the type of tape on my Freewing A-10 and in the day time it looks very scale. As for night ops, it doesn't show up very well, but I don't fly at night, so it's no biggie for me. Lookin' good, Sir. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

BT, I used the type of tape on my Freewing A-10 and in the day time it looks very scale. As for night ops, it doesn't show up very well, but I don't fly at night, so it's no biggie for me. Lookin' good, Sir. Best, LB
                                        Yes those were my thoughts exactly. I like the idea of the formation lights, but I don’t have a printer yet to make the lenses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogietrim View Post

Yes those were my thoughts exactly. I like the idea of the formation lights, but I don’t have a printer yet to make the lenses.
                                          BT, When I make the wing tip lenses I'll post the STL Files. If I make the other lens frames, I'll post those as well. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X