Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made it clear to Andrew in customer service that I was not looking to have the plane replaced. I just want some compensation. Maybe 200 or $100 in store credit or maybe just give me a new battery or something like that. I never asked for the plane to be replaced I never asked for anything to be warranted. I just think since I’ve spent thousands of dollars on airplanes in the last couple years with motion RC that they could do a little something for me. I’m in the business of selling a product that is manufactured and sometimes the manufacture does not want to step up and I have to do something for the customer to keep them happy. Sometimes it doesn’t take much just a little good faith.I would love to have somebody that could get a camera up there and help look for it but the problem is we have nobody in our club that has that capability. Also if we fly over this forest we are actually flying outside of our field which is a whole Nother issue. Thanks everybody for your comments and suggestions.

Comment

• LB in thread #3380, what scale is your pilot and where you get him from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevonoles View Post
        I made it clear to Andrew in customer service that I was not looking to have the plane replaced. I just want some compensation. Maybe 200 or $100 in store credit or maybe just give me a new battery or something like that. I never asked for the plane to be replaced I never asked for anything to be warranted. I just think since I’ve spent thousands of dollars on airplanes in the last couple years with motion RC that they could do a little something for me. I’m in the business of selling a product that is manufactured and sometimes the manufacture does not want to step up and I have to do something for the customer to keep them happy. Sometimes it doesn’t take much just a little good faith.I would love to have somebody that could get a camera up there and help look for it but the problem is we have nobody in our club that has that capability. Also if we fly over this forest we are actually flying outside of our field which is a whole Nother issue. Thanks everybody for your comments and suggestions.
        Don't expect them to do much. I had pictures to prove the issue and was basically called a liar (not outright) and accused of running the airplane off the end of the runway multiple times trying to fly it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
          LB in thread #3380, what scale is your pilot and where you get him from?
          Dustman, The pilot body is a scalable 1/6th design by Max Gruber that I found on CDTrader.com. I have purchased 2 or 3 of Gruber's designs. The one I'm using for the F-18 build is the Jet Pilot figure though it is closer to Vietnam/Cold War era than Modern and required some work. The pilot head I am using is the OEM that came with the Freewing F-18C model. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Happy New Year 2020 First Post!

Comment

• To you too and thanks for your service!

Comment

• Almost ready to Maiden but have an issue with the right elevon servo, when powered up it wants to flutter for 10 seconds or so before it stops and operates normally on the bench? Is this an issue?

Comment

• Yes, could be the servo extension or even a dirty contact

Comment

• Originally posted by bmccool View Post
                    Almost ready to Maiden but have an issue with the right elevon servo, when powered up it wants to flutter for 10 seconds or so before it stops and operates normally on the bench? Is this an issue?
                    Better not fly it until you check the elevator servo wires, some of us found these wires sliced right were they exit out of the servo.

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk bmccool! Please be sure to read the TSB on this model before maidening...It's vital information. Happy Landings!

My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks guys I did not glue the cover plates on just in case I needed to make any adjustments and now I am glade it did that. I will take the servos out as soon as the servo checker arrives from MRC this week and check everything while installing the 85MG servos. NOW the BIG question......What about the Blue BOX> Use it or loose it?

Comment

• My answer from the other forums. I did bypass on mine (except retracts and lights) because I used a 12ch receiver and plugged each surface into it's own slot for full span flaps, crow, tailerons, rudder airbrakes, etc. I'm also still (well over 100 flights) running the original servos...

There simply is no right answer. Even though I have never had a problem with any of the BB, smaller old ones or the newer MCBe ones, I have bypassed the critical functions on more than a few. But it was for more than one reason. On most of my planes I plug each flying surface servo into a slot on the receiver directly so I can have more adjustability and do some interesting mixes. On these I leave the retracts and lights on the box. But that said I have quite a few that still have the box in and used as designed. I also have a few that they have a single elevator or rudder servo going through the box for absolutely no reason so on those I bypassed just to reduce the number of connections.
                          Bottom line is everyone should do what they feel comfortable with. Many have yelled the sky is falling about the BB's and there have been documented failures

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevonoles View Post
                            I made it clear to Andrew in customer service that I was not looking to have the plane replaced. I just want some compensation. Maybe 200 or $100 in store credit or maybe just give me a new battery or something like that. I never asked for the plane to be replaced I never asked for anything to be warranted. I just think since I’ve spent thousands of dollars on airplanes in the last couple years with motion RC that they could do a little something for me. I’m in the business of selling a product that is manufactured and sometimes the manufacture does not want to step up and I have to do something for the customer to keep them happy. Sometimes it doesn’t take much just a little good faith.I would love to have somebody that could get a camera up there and help look for it but the problem is we have nobody in our club that has that capability. Also if we fly over this forest we are actually flying outside of our field which is a whole Nother issue. Thanks everybody for your comments and suggestions.
                            Sad to read the rest of your story. MRC has been just awesome for me regarding customer service. I too have purchased many $$$ with them. Its so hard to plead your case without recovering the plane. I hope you can get someone with a drone to find your plane and help you get some closure with this situation.

All the best
                            Rich

Comment

• Bmccool,be very careful making unapproved modifications. Many have had problems with this airplane. Motion RC will not stand behind this product. Document everything you do, video your first flight if possible. If you change any servos or leads or bypass the BB I would get approval from customer support before moving forward.

Comment

• Thanks for the advice Stevonoles, I more than likely I have blown that by clear coating the aircraft to seal the decals. But I have a very good purchase record with Motion RC and have purchased several thousands of dollars worth products from them in the last 10 years. We will just have to wait and see what they say. I am going to take a video of the elevons as I turn on the transmitter if it comes out I will post it and see what they recommend. Thanks guys for all the advice. We Still need a S3 Viking twin fan in maybe 70mm along with an A7 or maybe an A-5 Vigilante!!

Comment

• Okay, I fibbed a bit. Pics are still of dry-fit with Pilot complete and Ejection Seat Complete. Still some weathering to do and addition of port Ejection Handle and Actuator Arm to fake canopy motor and rear mount...gettin' close though. Wooohoo and Whew! Oh, and Callie sent preview of Livery markings "so I got that goin' for me." Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• That's an excellent job you did with that pilot.!! That site you mention is up for sale and not offering that pilot it seems. The guy that's suppose to be doing my pilot has not come through yet.

Comment

• Elbee
                                      Elbee commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      CDTrader is "Going Out Of Business"? Go Figure. Their business model is in Digital Property and redistribution of digital money. How can anyone screw that up? LOL. Just sayin'. You might check out Jet Hanger Hobbies pilot figures, those are great and that was my go to if this one didn't turn out well.

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                    Okay, I fibbed a bit. Pics are still of dry-fit with Pilot complete and Ejection Seat Complete. Still some weathering to do and addition of port Ejection Handle and Actuator Arm to fake canopy motor and rear mount...gettin' close though. Wooohoo and Whew! Oh, and Callie sent preview of Livery markings "so I got that goin' for me." Best, LB
                                    SERIOUSLY???
                                    Ugh.... I need to do my homework! THAT ROCKS!!!
                                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Elbee
                                      Elbee commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Thank you, You are too kind, Sir. What homework?

• Originally posted by Dustman View Post
                                    That's an excellent job you did with that pilot.!! That site you mention is up for sale and not offering that pilot it seems. The guy that's suppose to be doing my pilot has not come through yet.
                                    DM, Here is the URL for CDTrader's Jet Pilot Web page. https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models?keywords=Jet+Pilots Near as I can see, they are still in biz. I just bought an STL File of Max Grueter's B-17 Pilot with Crush Cap. Other pilots I have purchased are designed by Max Grueter and are most excellent for the money. If you find any pilot you like, MAKE CERTAIN that it is available in an STL Format before purchasing. Remember these are STL Files ONLY and not a completed model. You will still need to have the model scaled to fit your project and then printed. Please understand that even though I printed the pilot, I had to do quite a bit of work to match it to the seat. The only tip I can offer is measure the seat area and decide whether you'll cut the seat or the pilot to fit. It takes some of both and the seat is easier to re-print than the pilot, probably cheaper as well. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• SO, so, so good Elbee! Dang it all, now I am going to have to invest in a new set of patience and skill this new year to bling out my BA's "office"!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Elbee
                                        Elbee commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        AROS, LOL...Thank you, Sir. I can help with the cockpit bits and some advice, but if I had any patience, I'd be a Doctor. Skill??? Well, that's a topic for another time, except to say in my observations it is more about willingness than skill. Best always, LB
                                    Working...
                                    X