X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
    Help! In 2 weeks I will be flying the Hornet at Florida Jets but unfortunately one of my wing tip rails broke during a cross wind landing where my Hornet was pushed off the runway and into grass. I saw in a recent post about the 3D printed rails, I don't own a 3D printer or know anyone who does. So I'm kind of desperate looking to print a rail, as we know the rail isn't available without the wing set on Motion. Can someone help? I will paypal or whatever. TY🙏🏼
    BK, Has anyone printed these files and posted pictures? I have downloaded "PeterVRC's" Tip Rails STL Files from RCGroups and I think Radar-Guy might have also designed a set. My point is before you commit to a set, I'd double check the design and print. I need to print these myself, but do you want to be the guinea pig for this? Just sayin'...Caveat Emptor. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

BK, Has anyone printed these files and posted pictures? I have downloaded "PeterVRC's" Tip Rails STL Files from RCGroups and I think Radar-Guy might have also designed a set. My point is before you commit to a set, I'd double check the design and print. I need to print these myself, but do you want to be the guinea pig for this? Just sayin'...Caveat Emptor. Best, LB
      Haven't seen anyone with 3D printed Hornet rails yet, I'm willing to try a set, as long as it fits, I will post shots of my damage in a few min.

Comment

• Damaged and good rail, I tried all types of glue but nothing will hold and breaks right away.

Comment

• Since those rails are made of ABS plastic, you can use Acetone as a solvent and rejoin them. Any patchwork, just get some styrene.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
            Since those rails are made of ABS plastic, you can use Acetone as a solvent and rejoin them. Any patchwork, just get some styrene.
            Hmmm 🤔 good work around, I will try it. I love the fact that it saves the wings from getting scraped but once that hits the grass it snaps in half. I just want it to look good for the show. Would've loved to add a detailed cockpit but no time left.

Comment

• Hornet looking so good before the rail break, she's flying absolutely perfect, even in cross winds.
              Attached Files

Comment

• I've mentioned to Alpha that it would make sense to have FW offer these rails as a separate SKU item instead of only being available with the wing set. Hopefully they make that addition soon because they are easy to break. I could use a new set myself.
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                  I've mentioned to Alpha that it would make sense to have FW offer these rails as a separate SKU item instead of only being available with the wing set. Hopefully they make that addition soon because they are easy to break. I could use a new set myself.
                  I know a couple other folks have reached out to MRC to see about getting these as a spare part and were told FW would not offer them. Hopefully your reach to Alpha can get that changed. Silly that you can get every other part of that plane separate minus the rails.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                    I've mentioned to Alpha that it would make sense to have FW offer these rails as a separate SKU item instead of only being available with the wing set. Hopefully they make that addition soon because they are easy to break. I could use a new set myself.
                    I've flown once with out them and it just didn't feel or look right, hopefully down the road this will be indeed become available, perhaps with magnets! All good

Comment

• Yes I agree, I simply don't see why they couldn't be offered as separate pieces. Perhaps Alpha could weigh in on this. It seems like a logical move and I am sure they would be quite popular spare parts. I agree Brinka the F-18 just doesn't look right without them. Magnets would be a good idea as well.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I know I am late to the party and this has likely been discussed on the thread already, but how many are running an 80mm 6S setup? I was thinking of the FMS Pro 80mm. How are things going for those of you using 80mm? Are you happy with your setups?

Comment

• I picked one of these up 2nd hand and I'm in need of the 90mm fan hatch cover. If anyone has one they don't need, let me know. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
                            I picked one of these up 2nd hand and I'm in need of the 90mm fan hatch cover. If anyone has one they don't need, let me know. Thanks
                            I'm guessing you're in Kansas?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernFlyer View Post
                              I know I am late to the party and this has likely been discussed on the thread already, but how many are running an 80mm 6S setup? I was thinking of the FMS Pro 80mm. How are things going for those of you using 80mm? Are you happy with your setups?
                              MotionRC posted a YouTube video interview with a guy who flew with 80mm at an RC festival. It wasn't a bullet, but once it got in the air it flew with respectable speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredmdbud View Post

I'm guessing you're in Kansas?
                                That would be correct. Land of the wind

Comment

• I answered you at the other site saying if you had the 80mm hatch cover it could be modded. You post here sounds like you got it second hand and maybe didn't get the extra. I have my BA 80mm cover if you want it, pay shipping and $5 for gas...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    I answered you at the other site saying if you had the 80mm hatch cover it could be modded. You post here sounds like you got it second hand and maybe didn't get the extra. I have my BA 80mm cover if you want it, pay shipping and $5 for gas...
                                    Thanks for the idea and offer. I have a line on the 90mm cover, if it doesn't work out I'll let you know. Thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post

Thanks for the idea and offer. I have a line on the 90mm cover, if it doesn't work out I'll let you know. Thanks again
                                      Pretty sure I have one as well if that falls through.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

Pretty sure I have one as well if that falls through.
                                        Sent you a pm

Comment

• Found a hatch. Thanks for your replies

Comment

Working...
                                          X