Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankyou for going thru the engineering on the doors LB. Looks real nice, scale, and solid. I'm looking forward to changing mine out as well.
    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
      Thankyou for going thru the engineering on the doors LB. Looks real nice, scale, and solid. I'm looking forward to changing mine out as well.
      NV, I should also mention that the opening is longer than scale (to fit the OEM strut size, I figure), but I used 3" for the two wheel doors and 5 (actually 4.875") for the strut door. The thing to keep in mind is the molded inset for the ends of the doors. So if you buy the extra plastic door parts from MotionRC that either fore or aft, you'll want to use Left for Right and Right for left. Sounds confusing and it is, LOL, but you'll see what I mean once you start to layout your doors.

For door closure, the OEM is really clever, (Thank You, Alpha) and for the strut door, I am using it. I have a thought in mind for the Wheel doors, and need to find a couple-three small torsion springs either 180o or 45o, though with a little thought and if I hold my mouth just right, the OEM might be usable there as well. I will let ya'll know when I have noodled that.

I really hope guys will do this modification with OEM parts and come up with ways to do it more easily. I like the 3DP world, but not everyone has access as of yet, so 'old school' is still rockin' it for most and this mod is a great candidate for it. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
        Added foil tape to my Hornet exhaust nozzles all the way up to the EDF, and wow what a difference that made for my Afterburner kit. I wasn't happy with my AB even with dual lights, it just didn't glow bright enough. It's because inside the fuse there's blue painted area's that decrease the light from AB. Now my Blue Angel #7 will look much better during the day. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200411_214429011.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	248829
        Give me some sunglasses, quick! Looks outstanding. I just finished coating the inside of my nozzles with the foil and hope mine are as bright. The foil really makes a difference, did it on all 7 of mine and just put the twin burners in the F-4's and the F-18 is getting the same. Now I'm getting ready to start the painting. Good thing I've got nothing better to do.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman Indeed made a huge difference as the F18 EDF sits pretty deep in the fuselage, that tape works wonders, I wasn't happy originally, as my F14 showed the burners better during the day. Looking forward to testing to really see how it looks in the sun. TY Hugh and Elbee

Comment

• Love reading these comments. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on this F-18.

I know it was probably answered in this thread, but does anyone run 8s on this thing.

I found a great combination of 10s (With the F-16 and F-22 8s set up). Here is a video of my 90mm 10s set up on the F-16. Unlimited climb.

Comment

• Geez that 16 was a rocket.
              Yeah there's several guys running 8s and enjoying their setups.
              Just make sure your elevator servos/linkages/mounts are solid.

Originally posted by AustinChadwick View Post
              Love reading these comments. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on this F-18.

I know it was probably answered in this thread, but does anyone run 8s on this thing.

I found a great combination of 10s (With the F-16 and F-22 8s set up). Here is a video of my 90mm 10s set up on the F-16. Unlimited climb.

https://youtu.be/VVDHr9m0Cq0

Comment

• Thanks Garrison. What motor are guys running that’s best for the 8s set up? Just the standard 8s 4075-1390kv? Or are guys running the smaller 90mm (3748-1650kv) on 8s. Wonder if that motor could handle it.

AC

Comment

• I'm running the standard 8s 4075-1390kv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                    I'm running the standard 8s 4075-1390kv.
                    Thanks Phantom.... What are the dimensions in the battery compartment? What batteries are you able to fit?

Comment

• I’m running a Jetfan/HET setup with Hobby Star 5200 batteries.

Comment

• Originally posted by AustinChadwick View Post

Thanks Phantom.... What are the dimensions in the battery compartment? What batteries are you able to fit?
                        Austin,

I apologize, I have a subscription for just about every plane I have on here and thought I was posting on the F-16 90mm thread. My F-18 is the stock 6s setup. Again sorry for the mix up.

Comment

• My Lightburner.com afterburner duel light set up for Hornet before adding the tape.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200201_122802928.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	249891Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200201_124741980.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	249892Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200201_122808459.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	249893

Comment

• Nice afterburners Brinka!

Sometime before hell freezes over you're going to have to maiden my F-18 Canadian. I'm making a little more progress, but man, this repaint has been the most difficult, frustrating and tedious job I've been stupid enough to undertake. I've only done 2 other total repaints, the Stinger and the F-4 into a Blue Angel. They were actually easy as I only had to spray 1 color, instead of like the F-18 with 3 different colors and a hell of a lot of masking in between painting. Can't wait to remove the masking tape (supposedly for delicate surfaces) and find that it takes off chunks of paint with it. Sometimes I have to stop, go stick my head in a bucket of water and just scream. Thanks Corona. If I was able to have a life and get to the field, might have never tried. First it took me 3 weeks to do the cockpit modifications, and now I'm already 2 weeks into the build/re-paint. Next task is to figure out how to do the darker red shading under the maple leafs using only a can of HD spray paint. Now would have been a good time to have an airbrush. And I'm not looking forward to putting that large maple leaf on without screwing it up royally. Hope my wife has steadier hands than me. Once I get the graphics on, all I'll have to do is spar urethane it, balance it, and stick the EDF back in. Fortunately I already have the twin afterburners attached and the nozzles coated with foil. More later, probably much later at this rate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200415_155155.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	250002Click image for larger version

Name:	20200417_174538.jpg
Views:	652
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	250003Click image for larger version

Name:	20200417_174609.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	250004Click image for larger version

Name:	20200417_181406.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	250005
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Just uploaded day time ops afterburner video, with my https://www.lightburner.co/ EDF 90MM afterburner! Enjoy, thank you Hugh Wiedman it looks like it's coming along beautiful 😍

Comment

• Brinka Nice looking burners, even in the Florida Sun!!!!
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• [QUOTE=Hugh Wiedman;Sometime before hell freezes over you're going to have to maiden my F-18 Canadian. I'm making a little more progress, but man, this repaint has been the most difficult, frustrating and tedious job I've been stupid enough to undertake. I've only done 2 other total repaints[/QUOTE]

Hugh, It looks awesome so far. Do not, repeat do not give up. Besides, I am looking forward to more pictures and adult language. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi guys,
                                    My wife just said why don’t you order another jet to keep you busy . Just placed an order with MRC for an F-18 and an order with Callie for the graphics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post
                                      Hi guys,
                                      My wife just said why don’t you order another jet to keep you busy
                                      Now THAT is something I have never heard my wife say. You've got yourself a keeper!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

Now THAT is something I have never heard my wife say. You've got yourself a keeper!
                                        After 30 years of marriage she knows how to keep me out of her hair.

Comment

• My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X