Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anybody installed the f16 drop tanks and ordinance on there f18 if so how did you install them and do you have picutres

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
      Hornet Fans, Still at it, those dang Verticals gots-a-lot goin' on. Quick pics of the Formation Light Mod, though I know it's getting cliche`. I'm using 3v backlit panels made for mobile devices as I believe RCjetdude on his killer Apache, only these are a bit smaller. The Red Strobe is also sourced through a vid by RCJD on that same Heli, kudos, Sir, easier than what I had originally planned. Designed 3DP panel holders and exterior panels and had to do minor foam surgery. Looks good, I think and with paint and Callie's Graphics, it'll do. Best, LB
      You are a prime example of why I chose to live vicariously through Those Who Know What The Hell They Are Doing. Well done friend!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Aros, I like the way you think...I've been living vicariously through Leonardo da Vinci, John Wayne, and Ernest Hemingway all my life. So far, so good. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Well said LB, didn't mean to imply you were looking for any extra gratification. I was simply trying (in my sometimes awkward way) to acknowledge some truly creative modeling artistry, something we all can strive to emulate in some small way.

And BTW, why can't we find, in this great country, someone with your demeanor and savvy to run for President. All we get are ego maniacs and crazy people. Maybe I could run since I seem to fit right in?
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee
            Elbee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hugh, funny you should mention politics, or not so funny...anyway there was a time I seriously thought about a run at State Senate with aspirations for US Senate. Then the next morning after I sobered up.....Best, LB

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
          Hornet Fans, Still at it, those dang Verticals gots-a-lot goin' on. Quick pics of the Formation Light Mod, though I know it's getting cliche`. I'm using 3v backlit panels made for mobile devices as I believe RCjetdude on his killer Apache, only these are a bit smaller. The Red Strobe is also sourced through a vid by RCJD on that same Heli, kudos, Sir, easier than what I had originally planned. Designed 3DP panel holders and exterior panels and had to do minor foam surgery. Looks good, I think and with paint and Callie's Graphics, it'll do. Best, LB
          That looks amazing!!! Nice job!
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Elbee
            Elbee commented
            Editing a comment
            I thank you, Sir. Means a lot coming from one of the masters of innovation. Best, LB

• I’ve got a long way to go to get to Elbee’s level, but this is what quarantines will do. Might even get some better visibility. Hope everyone is staying safe and washing their jets...I mean hands.

Comment

• You are quarantined, as in are infected? Or sheltering in place to keep from being infected?

Originally posted by Jackcannon View Post
            I’ve got a long way to go to get to Elbee’s level, but this is what quarantines will do. Might even get some better visibility. Hope everyone is staying safe and washing their jets...I mean hands.

Comment

• Jackcannon, , washing our jets and cooling our hands ...and social-distancing ourselves from those nozzles, too. Jack, your paint work is great, I am fretting over how to mask my little bits of color change and you're doing an Arctic Splinter. I'd say you have reached your own level of excellence, Sir. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• LVC + forced landing = chain link fence.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                  LVC + forced landing = chain link fence.
                  Aros, Oh Gee Whiz, that just stinks, Man. I feel for ya, Sir. Silver lining: going to fix her up and add more details? Sorrowfully, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks LB but truth be told she was already beat up before that, and I flew after this...Landing was great but during the roll out she missed hanging out with her new friend the fence and decided to plow into it again. This time the fuse was damaged pretty good. I am just going to remove the power system and break her down for spare parts. I was planning on getting a new one for Summer anyways.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellke View Post
                      (Sigh) The maiden for my Blue Angels F-18 didn’t go as well as I had hoped. About half way down the runway the nose gear hit something that caused the nose to pop-up and snapping the white plastic in front of the LG. The plane was going just fast enough to leave the ground, almost like a ski-jump, but it was in a stalled condition. At the same time, the left wing caught a gust of wind which rolled it to the right. The right wingtip broke off, the fairing on the right fuselage back to the wing and the fuselage broke in half about the back of the battery bay. It came to rest on its back supported by the vertical stabilizers, but they weren’t damaged at all. Kind of bum’ed because it was such a nice looking plane. Never did find what the nose gear hit that set everything in motion. When it happened, a couple of us thought I lost the gear but what we were seeing was the plastic piece breaking and falling to the ground. The good news is it seems to be fixable, just some will be a little crinkled. The foam will go back together and I may need a new nose gear. Want to let it sit for a few days before I do a proper assessment of everything. Que Sera Sera.
                      Sorry to hear that! I hope you get it fixed soon and back in the air.

I have the same problem. She regularly jumps shortly before desired lift-off and almost stalls immediately after leaving ground effect. As I am flying of grass I am considering of soften the front gear spring as suggested in the F-22 grass ops video.

Comment

LVC + forced landing = chain link fence.

Instead of trim, you need ballast to compensate for the RunCam. The same thing is seen in real jets with unbalanced loud-outs, especially that far out from the fuselage.

Comment

• Hey ya'll, I have been deconstructing my "Basic Gray" Hornet fuselage and as earlier reported by some, my EDF wasn't connected to the ESC. Actually that works well for me, but for some that might become a complaint. Anyway, it's always good to "trust, but verify" when it comes to PNP. I have finished both Verticals, with the paint/Callie Graphics. I'll post pix as I progress on the fuselage work. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes, there were more than a few complaints that the ESC's bullets were not connected to the motors. Mine were though I pulled the unit and put in a Jetfan/ Het combo. I always tape the bullets anyway.

Comment

• Quick question for Alpha and/or Aros. Just as I was ready to pull the trigger on the Basic Grey Hornet to do the Canadian Demo team version, Aros announced that the F-18 Blue Angel was upgraded with an inrunner. Do either of you know if the grey version will also get the inrunner and if so when? I don't mind ordering the jet and getting the 3672-1900kv inrunner seperately, but that EDF is not on the website either. I'm really hooked on the inrunners after putting one in the F-16 so I gotta have it for the F-18 (although a friend has the stock and it flies great anyway).

I have everything ready for the F-18, including Callie's graphics, the receiver, an LED afterburner and a cockpit I got earlier that I'm installing the 3D parts and new pilot in, all I'm missing is a few minor things, like the jet itself! I don't mind waiting a bit (though would be nice to be painting now with nothing else to do), but if the upgrade won't be until "hell freezes over", then I'll go ahead and get what's available before the stock market claims the rest of my assets.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hey Hugh, Alpha would be better equipped to answer that for ya...I'm with you...Inrunner all the way! I can't believe the difference it made on my 90mm F-16.
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hey Hugh, Alpha would be better equipped to answer that for ya...I'm with you...Inrunner all the way! I can't believe the difference it made on my 90mm F-16.
                                  Thanks Aros, Alpha was kind enough to send me a PM answering the question. How he has time to respond to all these inane questions and keep the "fort" in production, I'll never know, kudos to him. Opps, forget the shaking hands!
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Alpha is truly an amazing individual, and I'm always impressed with the initiative he takes and the time he puts forth into this hobby and business.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                      Alpha is truly an amazing individual, and I'm always impressed with the initiative he takes and the time he puts forth into this hobby and business.
                                      Well that would only be if you are assuming he's human. Your fault.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                      X