Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of you matched the white paint (Home Depot) - if so, please post a picture of the jar showing the color codes. Would greatly appreciate the favor!
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Corinator View Post

I’m actually sitting here off the A1A in Cape Canaveral waiting for the launch. Flew down here from Scottsdale, Arizona to see it. 50/50 likelihood they’ll light the candle at 1633.
      Nice!

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
        Have any of you matched the white paint (Home Depot) - if so, please post a picture of the jar showing the color codes. Would greatly appreciate the favor!
        OK well I went out today and got a jar, I think its a very close match.
        I used the Behr "satin enamel" base, #UL220, and the color code is: AXL:2 (just two drops of something). Anyway it seems a like a really close match. I touched up a couple of dings.
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I thought the steering was supposed to stop when the gear is up.

Comment

• Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
            I thought the steering was supposed to stop when the gear is up.
            Nope. There's a link that keeps it from totally turning but it still turns some.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I printed a double LED landing light and don't want it interfering with anything. May have to design another light holder.

Tom

Comment

I thought the steering was supposed to stop when the gear is up.
                Besides what Mike said, you can stop the steering servo from working completely if you put it on a separate channel and mix it with Rudder and activate via the gear switch so that it only works when the gear is down.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Besides what Mike said, you can stop the steering servo from working completely if you put it on a separate channel and mix it with Rudder and activate via the gear switch so that it only works when the gear is down.
                  I'm all out of channels. Thanks just the same.

Comment

I'm all out of channels. Thanks just the same.
                    Then you must rely upon the slider mechanism to NOT move the strut when the servo moves OR, like I do, get a higher channel RX.

Comment

Then you must rely upon the slider mechanism to NOT move the strut when the servo moves OR, like I do, get a higher channel RX.
                      Doesn't the blue box take care of that? When my retracts are up the steering is disabled.
                      I came into this a little late so maybe I misunderstood the original post.

Comment

• Originally posted by LowandSlow View Post

Doesn't the blue box take care of that? When my retracts are up the steering is disabled.
                        I came into this a little late so maybe I misunderstood the original post.
                        It might. I've never paid much attention to it. I do the mix thing on planes where it's hard to zero the steering independent of the rudder. This one never presented a problem so I didn't have to deal with it. The plane is hanging in the next room. When I get a chance (and remember), I'll throw a battery in it and check. If it's works through the blue box, then it should stop moving completely when the gear is up. If there is still some movement, then we go back to my theory that these blue boxes can have some slight "cross talk".

Comment

• Just tested the steering relative to the gear position. As soon as the switch is thrown to retract the gear, the steering servo on the front retract goes dead and remains that way. As soon as the switch is thrown to put the gear down, the servo begins to work even if the retract has not fully extended. When it's "dead" there is absolutely no movement in the servo, not even a little when the rudder stick is moved, even to its fullest. If yours has some movement, then that tells me there is some "crosstalk" within the blue board.

Comment

• There is NO lights on the nose strut of the Boeing 8MAX. Older models of the 737 had a taxi light on the nose strut, but the 8MAX has LED light arrays in the wing roots that are aimed where the taxi light used to point.

Comment

Just tested the steering relative to the gear position. As soon as the switch is thrown to retract the gear, the steering servo on the front retract goes dead and remains that way. As soon as the switch is thrown to put the gear down, the servo begins to work even if the retract has not fully extended. When it's "dead" there is absolutely no movement in the servo, not even a little when the rudder stick is moved, even to its fullest. If yours has some movement, then that tells me there is some "crosstalk" within the blue board.
                              Mine must be "crosstalking" since it still steers when up.
                              Tom

Comment

Mine must be "crosstalking" since it still steers when up.
                                Tom
                                Than why is there a need for that rod on the nosegear that the servo arm slides on when in the up position? I need to look at mine next time I'm flying it but I know for a fact that the servo is moving when in the up position I can hear it.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Than why is there a need for that rod on the nosegear that the servo arm slides on when in the up position? I need to look at mine next time I'm flying it but I know for a fact that the servo is moving when in the up position I can hear it.

Mike
                                  The rod is there to rotate the strut when the gear is down. The rod from the servo is to adjust center so it tracks straight. If I understand it correctly, the blue box (MCB-E board) is supposed to inhibit the steering servo when the gear is up. If/when the blue box isn't doing it's job the steering will still be enabled when gear is up.

Tom

Comment

The rod is there to rotate the strut when the gear is down. The rod from the servo is to adjust center so it tracks straight. If I understand it correctly, the blue box (MCB-E board) is supposed to inhibit the steering servo when the gear is up. If/when the blue box isn't doing it's job the steering will still be enabled when gear is up.

Tom
                                    The servo connector slides up and down , forward or back as the retract is retracted or extended. When retracted the slider moves freely back and forth ( at least on mine it does) as rudder input is applied. The tracking adjustment is on the servo end, If the connector on the slider rod moved up and down when the gear was extended you would have no steering. This set up is commonly used.Like I said I need to check mine out closer next time I fly it.
                                    Mike

Comment

• MikeT. Mine does what yours is doing but it isn't supposed to.

Tom

Comment

MikeT. Mine does what yours is doing but it isn't supposed to.

Tom
                                        Sent a info request to Motion just to clear this up.

Mike

Comment

• On other planes, the slider does what Mike says. It slides both as the retract is being operated AND when the steering is worked when retracted. In the AL37, it only is there so that the rod does't bind when the retract is operated (since the steering servo doesn't move anytime the gear switch is in the "gear UP" position. On mine, as I said, when the switch is thrown to "gear up", the steering servo goes dead, even if the retract is still moving. Listen carefully, it may be the rudder servo you are hearing.
                                          In the case where the steering servo IS moving no matter what the gear switch position is, double check to make sure that the steering servo is plugged into the correct pins on the blue box. There should be a unique pin set just for "steering" and another for "rudder".
                                          In a defective blue box, "crosstalk" should be minimal, usually not full travel.

NOTE: EDIT --- WRONG INFORMATION!! MY APOLOGIES!

I took a look at my TX. I HAVE A MIX FOR THE STEERING SERVO. That's why mine does what it does.

Comment

Working...
                                          X