Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I may have said before, had I not already purchased the wing the tail feathers would have become wall art memorabilia. But, they instead are going back in service. Everything that came out of the salvage was checked out before going back in. Likely it was a loose connection from the UBEC. It ‘blinked’ a few times during the initial power up as I was moving some of the wiring to get them organized. Needed re-soldering and some heat shrink insulation and the switch was possibly in a non-position between the detent.
    Everything looks like a go for the next available flying day.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Hello everyone, somebody knows if the complete spare nose gear of the L-39 (servo, gear struts, connecting pin..etc) can be used on the t-33, since one on the t-33 is out of stock…thanks

Comment

• As I said the pin and wheel are the same and another said the strut is slightly longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          As I said the pin and wheel are the same and another said the strut is slightly longer.
          thanks EvanD, as you and the other person gently said, the pin and wheel are the same and struts a little bit longer, but just want to be sure the complete piece included servo, gear axle and steering arm fits well. But thank you very much to confirm my question.

Comment

• Been looking at this jet since I started flying 2 years ago when it was first released. I must admit though the flashier models took most of my attention and dollars till now. I fly mostly jets like the:
            E-Flite Viper 70mm, E-Flite F-4 Fatom (retired) Arrows F-15(great jet by the way), Freewing F-16 70mm, Freewing F-18 Blue Angel 90mm, Freewing F-15 90mm(8S) and the pride of the hangar Freewing F-16 Thunderbird 90mm(8S). Also my beat the snot out of plane a E-Flite HABU 70mm (6S) yes the 4S EDF is gone and with a 6S EDF it screams.....
            So I finally ordered the T-33 Shooting Star / ARF version. Will power her with a X-Fly Galaxy 80mm 2200kv 6S EDF a 130amp ESC with a Spektrum AR8020T receiver. Will prob upgrade the elevator servos with Hitec's for safety reasons. I update all my jets elevator servos with Hitec's and never an issue. I will be eliminating the blue box as I do on all my Freewing jets. Not that I have had any issues with the box, yet I have never given it a chance to fail since I bypass on every jet.... just not good history on the forums about it so not taking a chance. Of course I always coat the plane with the MinWax Poly to get a great finish and protects the plane as well. Should see her by the weekend and hope the weather gets less windy here on the Cape and fly her soon....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape Jets View Post
              I update all my jets elevator servos with Hitec's and never an issue. I will be eliminating the blue box as I do on all my Freewing jets. Not that I have had any issues with the box, yet I have never given it a chance to fail since I bypass on every jet.... just not good history on the forums about it so not taking a chance.
              Eliminating the blue box from the equation is a good precaution. My first T-33 on maiden, went inverted upon lift off and crashed on it's back. I fixed the damage, removed the critical control surfaces from the blue box and flew it many more times without incident. I then wanted the other livery, so I sold the first one. Not learning from my first T-33 and leaving the blue box in place, it did the exact same thing - went inverted on take off and crashed. Fixed it, removed the blue box from the equation and I've been flying it for several seasons now without incident. (No gyros were ever used for this plane.)
              Insofar as upgrading the elevator servos, that's entirely up to you as we all have different philosophies about such things. Both of my T-33's have been flying with the stock servos and never has there been a problem. The elevators on this plane are relatively small and the forces acting upon them are also relatively small compared to other Freewing jets with much bigger elevator surface areas and using the same servos. PLUS, there are 2 servos, one for each elevator side.

Comment

• xviper : Insofar as upgrading the elevator servos, that's entirely up to you as we all have different philosophies about such things. Both of my T-33's have been flying with the stock servos and never has there been a problem. The elevators on this plane are relatively small and the forces acting upon them are also relatively small compared to other Freewing jets with much bigger elevator surface areas and using the same servos. PLUS, there are 2 servos, one for each elevator side.

Well completed the build or should I say put all the screws in the plane. And eliminated the dreaded blue box and went right to the receiver for all connections. Per xviper suggestion I will not update the elevator servos and he mentioned alot less force on them vs my full stab elevators on my other jets. Went together great and after 4 coats of MinWax Gloss she really shines. Looking forward to her maiden hopefully soon.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3555.jpg Views:	1 Size:	183.0 KB ID:	361277Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3556.jpg Views:	1 Size:	181.8 KB ID:	361278Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3557.jpg Views:	1 Size:	246.1 KB ID:	361279

Comment

• Cape weather looks promising on Tues so we will see if she gets some air time....

Comment

• Would really like to see the 80mm T-33 done up in USAF Thunderbirds colors!!!

Comment

• Has anyone out there completed the Big Boy RC T33 turbine conversion? I’m installing an Xicoy X45 and have the kit from the guys in Singapore which is great. I can’t however see any details online of the conversion or videos. There’s no instructions included so just seeing if anyone had any? Cheers!

Comment

• Rare day off found me at the field at sunrise. Now that the AR 630 is using the AS3X it has been a dialed in jewel to fly and land.

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Envious of your day. Beautiful pair, Sir. Happy New Year. Best, LB

• ive had my camo t33 for a few years now flying off grass when it would get up to flying speed which was very few times.. was using older 40c 6s batteres from motion.. the other day i ordered a couple hrb 6s 60c (i think it was 60c anyway) darn plane shot out of the hole and never looked back lol speed was up immediately.. guess it was my own fault lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ham870 View Post
                          Would really like to see the 80mm T-33 done up in USAF Thunderbirds colors!!!
                          They really do need to release some new color schemes.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20230112_124220.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	368440Click image for larger version

Name:	20230112_121529.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	368439

Comment

• Sorry I am new to posting things. But here is a T-33 that started out as a camo version. After a crash I did all repairs and put this scheme on it. It is almost finished and ready to fly again.

Comment

• Nicely done!

Comment

• Originally posted by reixx View Post
                                  ....here is a T-33....I did all repairs and put this scheme on it. It is almost finished and ready to fly again.
                                  RX, Great rebuild/repaint. Nicely done, Sir. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by reixx View Post
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230112_124220.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	368440Click image for larger version

Name:	20230112_121529.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	368439
                                    Outstanding work.

Comment

• I acquired this T-33 about a year ago and haven't notices any other FW T-33's in Navy trainer colors. Did FW have one in this scheme or did Callie graphics have a decal kit for these?
                                      It looks factory. Click image for larger version

Name:	T-33.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	368561

Comment

• Originally posted by vortex00 View Post
                                        I acquired this T-33 about a year ago and haven't notices any other FW T-33's in Navy trainer colors. Did FW have one in this scheme or did Callie graphics have a decal kit for these?
                                        It looks factory.
                                        VT, Great acquisition, Wow! I think that is a very well done repaint. I do not recall that livery being offered by FreeWing. In any case, awesome lookin' T33. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                        X