Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust me guys I own this plane and let me tell you it's real nice. Now that is where the good news ends. I received it with a crushed and cracked wing and body. Now like i do with Horizon many of times i offered to customer service to just send me some replacement parts and i would do the repair work. They informed me as they did when i asked months ago to send me some repair parts for the AL37 another high dollar plane i just purchased and received damaged they could give me a good will $25 credit and just go away.. I called in and asked them how this made sense to loose a guy and his crew that was spending thousands of dollars every month to handle this like that and he informed me If they helped everyone with there problems they would be out of business.
    I scratched my head and decided to just take it one more time from this company instead of fighting with a employee and making it worse. But i will tell you this never again. I'm sure this will be taken down but if it helps just a few before its taken down i will be happy i helped. Please understand there planes are quite nice and some of the best in the market but if your looking for help after the sale this is not the place. Thanks for listening. Take it for what its worth..

Comment

• Sorry to hear that wstimax.
      I don’t think I would have let them come away with that, this easy.

Just to make clear: which dealer does this relate to?

Comment

• Originally posted by wstimax View Post
        Trust me guys.
        Why?

Comment

Trust me guys

Take it for what its worth..
          Trust is earned before it's given. As for the worth of your post....my personal experience with MRC customer support is 100% the opposite of what you are telling us. They have made things right when shown that they provided a defective/damaged product.

Comment

Trust me guys I own this plane and let me tell you ... I received it with a crushed and cracked wing and body. ...
            I, too, have spent many thousands of dollars on merch from MotionRC but I've never had even one box arrive damaged to the point where the contents were compromised. (They take great care in their packaging and it would take some very serious abuse to harm the contents of one of these planes.) I find it very difficult to believe that it happened to you twice.

I would like to trust you , but I, like I'm sure others, would like to see some proof that you are telling the truth. Thus, if you wish to be taken seriously, please post pictures of both the shipping boxes and plane parts that were damaged for your B-2 and AL 37.

Comment

• Never had a damage issue with their shipping ever, and I've bought a sh*tload of stuff from them in the last 12 months. I've had some minor issues (nose cone missing in F15 - they sent me 2 replacements for the trouble, etc.). Their concern and service has always been top-shelf in my opinion.

Comment

• "Trust me"

Now that's funny.

Mike
                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by ridgerunner View Post
                  if you wish to be taken seriously, please post pictures of both the shipping boxes and plane parts that were damaged for your B-2 and AL 37.
                  It may have to be an X-fly box from Banana. They haven't gotten much love lately since the B-2 came out. Or maybe from AliExpress? I've received garbage from them lately.

Comment

• I posted my early received posts over in the RCG thread so Y'all may not have seen that I received mine damaged too. One side of the "fuselage" had a crease in it. It's a foam plane and I've had worse. I did not report it to Motion though I know in the past they ask that you report it, even if you don't want a replacement, so they can keep track of it in case there are a high number of the issues.

In my case there was no damage at all, that I could tell, to the box or the supporting foam packaging.

As far as trust, my motto is trust but verify.

BTW, my current amount of purchases from Motion is $13.5k. Yes I keep track.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
                      "Trust me"

Now that's funny.

Mike
                      So a guy turns up out of the blue yesterday, with no biographical information or location listed, and in his very first post tell us to "trust" him with a claim that runs counter to the experience of just about everyone who has ever done business with MRC.

Sorry, it doesn't work like that.

Comment

• I've spent over $11K with MRC in the last 3 years (just tallied up my order history....glad my wife didn't see me do it!) which includes numerous planes including the B-2. I've never had a damaged or defective product....maybe I'm just lucky?

Comment

• Comment

Trust me guys I own this plane and let me tell you it's real nice. Now that is where the good news ends. I received it with a crushed and cracked wing and body. Now like i do with Horizon many of times i offered to customer service to just send me some replacement parts and i would do the repair work. They informed me as they did when i asked months ago to send me some repair parts for the AL37 another high dollar plane i just purchased and received damaged they could give me a good will $25 credit and just go away.. I called in and asked them how this made sense to loose a guy and his crew that was spending thousands of dollars every month to handle this like that and he informed me If they helped everyone with there problems they would be out of business.
                            I scratched my head and decided to just take it one more time from this company instead of fighting with a employee and making it worse. But i will tell you this never again. I'm sure this will be taken down but if it helps just a few before its taken down i will be happy i helped. Please understand there planes are quite nice and some of the best in the market but if your looking for help after the sale this is not the place. Thanks for listening. Take it for what its worth..
                            wstimax If you post pictures that substantiate your post, I will trust you. Until then, I have some reservation. Your post will remain up, though it is my experience with Motion RC Customer Service requests, if you will contact those representatives, I am certain you will get the assistance you require. Shipping is a carrier issue, not a CS issue, but I bet they will help if they are able. Respectfully, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                              The pitch axis gain is so low that it is effectively an unstablised axis. It will be interesting to see how it responds to any increase.
                              Have you had a chance to use the programmer to increase the pitch gain? My programmer is on the way from RCC but for the time being, I'm going to try increasing the master gain to 120% for slow flying (as in take offs and landings) to see if there is any improvement all around. I realize that increasing the master by 20% only increases the pitch gain to 6%, so that may not show up as a change in slow flight pitch stability.
                              What I'd really like to do is to keep the roll gain as is (@40%) and reduce it slightly with master gain for higher speed flying and increase the pitch gain also to 40% (with the ability to reduce with master gain during the test flight). I think the yaw gain is as high as it is due to it trying to act as a steering gyro. As for the "air" rudder, I don't think the yaw gain needs to be so high, so I'd like to reduce that with the programmer (maybe to ~60%). I have the Assan steering gyro, so I don't need the stock gyro for that purpose.

Comment

• This was from my days as a drug dealer / used car salesman ....................................

Click image for larger version

Name:	trust me!.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	344827

Comment

• Lol I guess I used the wrong wording.. Im ok if I am not believed or trusted. I was just sharing my experience that is what I thought the forum is for.. We wont all have good experiences and thats ok Some will. As one said maybe he was just lucky but to believe **** dosnt happen keeps are heads in the sand. I also said I love there planes it's just the way I was treated after the sales that bothered me. . Thanks for listening.

Comment

• Our grass was cut already 6 days ago, yet with the grass mods she took off and landed effortlessly.

We had a few mph crosswinds, sometimes shifting to tailwind.

I used the clear plasic rudder.

Enjoy the flight & vid, we had a nice sunset.

I really love this plane

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Your B2 looks perfect at the "Head of the Class"! Nice inventory, always liked your Mig and especially the Corsair!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Lessons learned from the nose gear repair…for what it’s worth:
                                        • Easy to repair
                                        • Opportunity to make stronger
                                        • Your spare parts box should probably have a set of the plastic parts (door, faring, sub-door, push rod set, etc)
                                        • Thin carbon sheet approx 0.3 mm thin
                                        • Springs (included with parts)
                                        • Replacement nose gear retract servo in case you bend the worm gear
                                        The torque on the plastic mount tore the floor of the cockpit away with it. The cockpit floor is relatively thin foam.

Tips….(place a soft pad on the work surface)…
                                        1. Once you reposition / repair the cockpit floor, cut-to-fit the carbon sheet so as to overlay the plastic mount side of the floor of the cockpit. You may wish to Dremel a 0.3 mm depression in the foam of the cockpit floor foam so the carbon sheet is flush and doesn’t act as a stand-off of the plastic mount
                                        2. It is not obvious but VERY IMPORTANT that you ensure to get the plastic gear mount pushed DOWN far enough. The wrenching / tearing of the foam will make the plastic mount not want to sit down far enough. If not seated down far enough, the steering arm won’t clear the outer plastic fairing. The fairing has a recess for the arm, but I didn’t get it right the first time and had to rip the mount out and start over (thank goodness I noticed before the glue hardened).
                                        3. There is ample room for additional glue around the plastic gear mount. I glued the mount in with Foam-Tac, and added epoxy around the edges of the mount for good measure.
                                        4. BEFORE you get started, don’t forget to remove the LONG wood screw from the forward edge of the plastic mount. (Then screw it back in when you are done). If you cannot find the hole in the wood where it unscrews from, screw it into the wood wherever it contacts the embedded wood.
                                        5. You will see plenty of room for adding extra glue/epoxy around the edges of the plastic mount.
                                        -GG

PS…(1) Don’t try to save a bounced landing / Power up and go around. Then you won’t need the above instructions. (2) Land with minimal speed/energy.

Comment

Trust me guys I own this plane and let me tell you it's real nice. Now that is where the good news ends. I received it with a crushed and cracked wing and body. Now like i do with Horizon many of times i offered to customer service to just send me some replacement parts and i would do the repair work. They informed me as they did when i asked months ago to send me some repair parts for the AL37 another high dollar plane i just purchased and received damaged they could give me a good will $25 credit and just go away.. I called in and asked them how this made sense to loose a guy and his crew that was spending thousands of dollars every month to handle this like that and he informed me If they helped everyone with there problems they would be out of business.
                                          I found this very concerning so I looked into your case. You posted this on 5/1 so I'm wondering if you did not see the last email Martin sent you on 4/29? Martin offered you multiple solutions on 4/29 (though neither was a $25 credit).

When it was clear you were not happy with the plane, Martin asked that you return the entire plane for a full refund and he sent you a pre-paid return label on 4/29 at 4:08PM

Comment

Working...
                                          X