First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look ma! no fins...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
      Good question. I think I saw at least one maiden or flight video where they didn't use the V Stab and to my eyes I didn't see any real noticeable difference. Maybe someone here can expand on that who have flown her without the VS.
      I didn't post video of it, but all flights I've done have been without. I think between our discussions without requires the use of the rudder stick. I noticed she really loves the rudder and it reminded me of how well the rudders were on the F-15. you could practically fly the F-15 with rudder and elevator only.

Gravy

Comment

• Which is why I wonder if it's that big of a deal if my right clam rudders close below the TE a few mm...I mean that's full left rudder stick...When would I ever be in a situation of FULL left rudder flying this bird?
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Which is why I wonder if it's that big of a deal if my right clam rudders close below the TE a few mm...I mean that's full left rudder stick...When would I ever be in a situation of full left rudder flying this bird?
          Good point. I don't think I ever went full rudder. Everyone knows you never go full rudder. lol if you get it you get it.

Gravy

Comment

• Stall turn...

Comment

I heard about this model a year or more ago and I was so thrilled. Outside of the SR-71 and Concorde (crossing fingers), this was the model I have been waiting for (from Freewing) for years. When Alpha talked to me about the challenges, it was immediately clear how much thought and R&D goes into such a model. Alpha and the rest of the R&D team worked their tails off to deliver the most scale, stable EPO foam EDF B-2 Spirit that could be imagined. To me, the clear V Stab is such a small concession to insure added stability in flight even though it's not mandatory. Employee or not, I would have the same opinion about these fine models. It's a thrilling time to be in the hobby.

But yes Freewing, step up to the SR-71 and Concorde challenge.
              They'd be cool, but I'd like to see a Vulcan bomber, and I think it would be easier to engineer. Plus, the real thing could be flown like a fighter.

Avro Vulcan XH558's first display of the Royal International Air Tattoo 2015 was on the second day of the event. The display was memorable in many ways, not ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                Stall turn...
                Hard pass.
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Flat spin?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    Flat spin?
                    I just sent the Scale Police to your house. Stay calm. It's just a short stint in the pokie.
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Which is why I wonder if it's that big of a deal if my right clam rudders close below the TE a few mm...I mean that's full left rudder stick...When would I ever be in a situation of FULL left rudder flying this bird?
                      In my opinion, if you are symmetrical drag rudder wide (45 mm to 50 mm) with neutral stick and close to TE tip flush at full rudder, you are good to go.

No clear vertical fin, you’ll work the rudder more in turns apparently. With it, you won’t need rudder in turns based on my experience with the fin on.

BTW, the manual edits look good.

-GG

Comment

I just sent the Scale Police to your house. Stay calm. It's just a short stint in the pokie.
                        They won't be able to find me in the snow storm we're having today.

Comment

• Just got done watching the video from earlier today, and looking at these pics here as well and this video, I have decided, this is my next jet.

I have three versions of the B-2 I still fly to this day, largest is over 6 feet in wingspan, but not as modern as this new one. Really looking forward to more footage and hopefully some customer reviews and helpful input.

Comment

• Originally posted by KOM4462b View Post
                            Just got done watching the video from earlier today, and looking at these pics here as well and this video, I have decided, this is my next jet.

I have three versions of the B-2 I still fly to this day, largest is over 6 feet in wingspan, but not as modern as this new one. Really looking forward to more footage and hopefully some customer reviews and helpful input.
                            Welcome to the land of opportunity! Your wishes have been answered!

There are about 36 pages of this forum you truly should read.

-GG

Comment

• Bottom line this is a great user friendly plane.

Comment

• I noticed the twitchy control surfaces on mine when your in self level mode or trainer mode, but when in regular gyro mode it is fine on the control surfaces. What kind of balancers are yall using to balance the b2. I used a great planes balancer with either a admiral 5100 carbon or hrb 6000 and if you hold the plane level on the balancer at recommended cg and let it go it would go either way. tilt forward or tilt back.

Comment

• “By the grace of God and with the help of these two fingers” ………………………. I don’t plan to do any different when mine arrives. This and with most “large” foamies, a few mm either way isn’t going to make a lot of difference. I don’t get terribly anal about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jomama View Post
                                    What kind of balancers are yall using to balance the b2. I used a great planes balancer with either a admiral 5100 carbon or hrb 6000 and if you hold the plane level on the balancer at recommended cg and let it go it would go either way. tilt forward or tilt back.
                                    Fingers.

Comment

• John, do you have a B2?

Fingers for me too.

Comment

• Me too / fingers. I agree, close to mark works, but a tiny bit nose heavy may be better for a maiden on any bird. Then experiment after that with moving the CG back.

I am slightly nose heavy on the B-2.

-GG

Comment

• I am so glad I got this plane. Even though it might be a month before I can fly it, I'm still super excited about it. The B2 to me is such a visual representation of human achievement and it's mission effectiveness proves the design. So I knew the instant I saw the release video that I would own one. The last flying wing I had was a Zagi400 maybe 26 years ago. I know I was daydreaming about the B2 when I flew the Zagi. This will be one of the prized planes in my hangar.

GliderGuy , I don't know if you saw the latest MRC video with the Trio of B2s? It looks like they ended up moving the battery back.

I don't want to be a Karen here but I just have to go on the record that using battery placement in the battery bay is a poor way to convey CG. RX placement might be different, etc., etc. I wish everyone at this point would stick to using dimensions from wing root or some other fixed point, as the gold standard. I promise to pull out my ruler and measure if I find a great working CG placement for a plane. For some planes a few millimeters can transform a plane from difficult and unpleasant to a new favorite.

To me it looks like where the CG is may not make much of a difference in flying the B2 but it looks like it is one of the variables that can make a huge difference in landing it without bouncing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X