Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you guys seen the Utube video of Tom Hunt's Opterra with wing tip drag rudders?

It's worth the time. He flies it fpv too, which is kind of visual proof of the flight characteristics of the wing and drag rudders that he also discusses.

The link:

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
      Have you guys seen the Utube video of Tom Hunt's Opterra with wing tip drag rudders?

It's worth the time. He flies it fpv too, which is kind of visual proof of the flight characteristics of the wing and drag rudders that he also discusses.

The link:
      https://youtu.be/kJvBq7cQczw
      I had ground steering issues that I mentioned before. Lined up to take off and the plane was all over the place. Still not sure what the issue is. But I did separate the rudders from the nose gear so the gyro had no effect on the steering. Solved it by using an assan steering gyro. I did have successful take offs before the assan gyro by elevator down on roll out.

Comment

• So I had the happy circumstance of needing to order parts. I was simply trying to take the starboard pushrods off to twist them to their proper spacing so the clam shells close where they should. Using needle nose pliers I tried popping the pushrod clevis back on to the ball joint. It was not going in to save my life. At some point the entire ball joint arm snapped clean off.

Then the servo arm snapped off when I was trying to get the other pushrod back on it when it popped off. Why is it so difficult to simply put the clevis back on the ball joints? Somewhere there's a factory worker laughing at me I just know it.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Deleted post
          -GG

Comment

• A must have tool for removing/installing ball links. No reason to use needle nose or flat head screwdrivers and risk breaking the ball link or servo arm.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/be...31475141148785

Comment

• Yeah, ball link pliers, amazes me that people don’t have them. Edit. I don’t like those in the link, there are others thinner and straight I like much better. Also has two half round parts to grip piano wire/ gear struts/ push rods and a serrated part. Like these, not condoning use of that site…

ordered repair parts from Motion for mine yesterday, says Monday may 2nd delivery. Normally 2-3 days, now 12?… Edit, update now says this Saturday!

Comment

• Just placed an order! Thanks for the tip!

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post
                  A must have tool for removing/installing ball links. No reason to use needle nose or flat head screwdrivers and risk breaking the ball link or servo arm.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/be...31475141148785
                  Ordering. Thanks!
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Hinge-Pin-With-E-Clips-800_a9a9e0c5-edc8-4f68-88b8-0bc6eca2dc42.jpg?v=1629911813.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	343945 While on the subject of tools, does anyone recommend a tool for removing those tiny E-clips found in trailing link landing gear legs, steerable retract pins, etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                      While on the subject of tools, does anyone recommend a tool for removing those tiny E-clips found in trailing link landing gear legs, steerable retract pins, etc?
                      I recommend this simple tool, the clipped rear end of an X-Acto blade. A strong magnet nearby might help in catching the clip.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5309.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	343947

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

I recommend this simple tool, the clipped rear end of an X-Acto blade. A strong magnet nearby might help in catching the clip.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_5309.JPG Views:	0 Size:	97.2 KB ID:	343947
                        Great idea - thanks. Price is right too!

Comment

• Also do it in a clear ziploc bag so you don't lose the eclip

Comment

• Yes on the plastic bag ....saved me many a hard days night.......if you order those clips for spares.....naturally you will have dozens that are incorrect size.

Large plastic bag is simple to use.....when you can

Still waiting to maiden my B2 as the winds have been very high for the second week in Fort Worth Texas region

I have completed the speed break clam shell closed adjustment from 60% Rudder travel (cruise gap at 45mm), set up my 7mm elevator reflex, put in three settings of expo all at the same travel rates, confirmed the Gyro toggles to the three settings (Basic Gain - Attitude Lock - Trainer)......will only fly in Basic Gain. Checked for main gear spring free function movement. Confirmed all control surfaces move correctly both from transmitter and gyro inputs. Glued on the tail peice and slotted the section for the clear dorsal fin for maiden. Fabricated a tail peice protector and mounted to the foam shipping storage transit box. Deployd the non slip for the flight battery.

Will apply for a loan for funds to fill up the truck with enough gas to get to and from Thunderbirds Field in Benbrook Texas from my hanger: www.fwthunderbirds.org

TwistedGrin

Comment

• And good luck getting those E clips off and back on...
                              Anyone have any helpful hints from Heloise on that...?
                              I'm doing it / have done it, but don't know if there's a better way...

Comment

• Anything hard, pointy and sharp with a magnet on it near the tip will do. I use a glass etching pen but they don't sell them anymore. Here's something that would work:
                                https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...kaAmECEALw_wcB

Just don't poke yourself.

Comment

• Hi TwistedGrin….

The agreement seems to be 8 mm reflex on the elevators and 4 mm reflex on the ailerons.

I wish this wind would stop!

-GG

Comment

• I wish this would stop. Seems to happen every week. It needs sun for a few days to dry out the field. As you can see from the windmill, no wind, but ..................

Comment

• On the downside = BUMMER

On the upside = Opportunity to modify the B-2 to snow skis.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Anything hard, pointy and sharp with a magnet on it near the tip will do. I use a glass etching pen but they don't sell them anymore. Here's something that would work:
                                        https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...kaAmECEALw_wcB

Just don't poke yourself.
                                        Thanks - that's what i use to get the off, but those little wheel axle ones are a bugger to get back on when you can't see and shake a lot... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          I wish this would stop. Seems to happen every week. It needs sun for a few days to dry out the field. As you can see from the windmill, no wind, but ..................

wow - that really sucks, but we had that here last week / weekend...
                                          it's been 60 here the last couple days and close to 80 tomorrow. def going to go flying early...

Comment

Working...
                                          X