Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah definitely on the seas, not sure how they get here like you say but I imagine the US is likely a bigger customer base for motion as they've only been here a few years now so from other releases I've seen about a 3-5 week delay between US an EU.

Comment

• Typhoon might be here sooner than I thought was shipped Thursday last week and just got this update.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Nice,,,mine and two others will possibly hit town tomorrow
        probably make it out for delivery Thursday

Comment

• Originally posted by Daryl View Post
          Nice,,,mine and two others will possibly hit town tomorrow
          probably make it out for delivery Thursday
          Lucky. I fully expect to see a hangar maiden posted here when it lands

Comment

• Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post

Lucky. I fully expect to see a hangar maiden posted here when it lands
            Due to be delivered today or tomorrow. I'll do a video of it in my basement going backwards.

Comment

• No unboxing "video" from me. There's plenty already. The way Raymond packs his planes to his customers is like he hermetically seals it, better than the Egyptians wrapped their mummies. Corners are always re-inforced with plastic shells. Box is shrink wrapped, cardboard wrapped and shrink wrapped again.
              I did hastily take out all the parts to make sure none were damaged. All good. I'll Minwax all the parts before assembling. Raymond also included a couple of "gifts" for making me wait longer on the pre-order than he had promised. He thought he could ship them before middle of January but that was not possible due to Covid and Chinese New Year.

Assan steering gyro and center burner:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4437.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	370476

This is how the warehouse guys avoid sending the wrong version to the customer:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4436.jpg Views:	1 Size:	56.1 KB ID:	370477

Just a photo of the UNboxed: Tail decal applied, the way I prefer it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4438.jpg Views:	1 Size:	189.6 KB ID:	370478

(I will be informed when I can pre-order the Xfly B1 from him. )

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                Raymond also included a couple of "gifts" for making me wait longer on the pre-order than he had promised. He thought he could ship them before middle of January but that was not possible due to Covid and Chinese New Year.

Assan steering gyro and center burner:

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_4437.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	370476
                Interesting - they use the same lamp as I use in my Do-It-Yourself afterburner. I think my adapter is a better design.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...DF-afterburner

Comment

• EU shipments have just started. got an email to say I should have mine in Ireland by the 23rd

Comment

• It's the new FW kit, coming soon to Motion. Available now from Raymon.

Freewing Tail Flame Afterburner LED Lights for Non-Freewing 80/90mm EDF Jets [E632] Motion RC

Comment

• That's great!

Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post
                      EU shipments have just started. got an email to say I should have mine in Ireland by the 23rd

Comment

EU shipments have just started. got an email to say I should have mine in Ireland by the 23rd
                        LIke, as in ~8 days? From Motion EU? That's amazing. That's would mean the ones for MotionRC should hit port very soon. Or do you mean Mar. 23?

Comment

LIke, as in ~8 days? From Motion EU? That's amazing. That's would mean the ones for MotionRC should hit port very soon. Or do you mean Mar. 23?
                          Port? Ship?
                          No, the EUrofighters came by train this time

The Silk Road. We know the way The New Silk Road is a hot item. The rail connection between Europe and China is now in the spotlight. Nunner Logistics have been on this ‘Road’ since the early 1990’s. Nunner Logistics, together with their partners are active and present with an own footprint on all the […]

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Port? Ship?
                            No, the EUrofighters came by train this time

https://www.nunner.com/rail/silkroad-chinatrain/
                            Must be better than American train service.

Comment

Yup 8 days 😜
                              Attached Files

Comment

Yup 8 days 😜
                                Again .................. AMAZING! MotionRC.com still has it stated as Mid-March. EU has 6 left. I wonder if the EU shipment went by air.

Comment

• If it did they probably lost money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    If it did they probably lost money.
                                    Most assuredly. But what PR! Not unlike sending "samples" to guys like the Petrincic Bros. and others.

Comment

• Spent some time checking to see that things were working on the Typhoon before doing the Minwax sealing. Of the 3 planes we got, the following were found:
                                      One one plane, the ESC hold down was not secure. Both screws were never turned down and the tie down just popped off. On another plane, the red battery wire from ESC was not seated into the EC5 and pushed out when connecting the battery. Check everything when putting this together.
                                      Noted: Reverse is already pre-programmed into the ESC and works immediately. Airbrake is a thing of beauty. Haven’t put the wings or rudder on yet but so far, everything else works as expected, including the canard servos. **The usual ribbon cables that run to each wing ends in a solid mounted connector.** No having to plug a connector into each wing. Push the wings together and they mate up - done. Quality of foam and finish is as good as any I’ve seen and appears to be light years ahead of the V1 or V2.

**Edit: I was mistaken about the ribbon cables. They were pushed inside and could not be seen. They are, in fact, loose ends and not solid mounted connector. They do have to be pushed into each wing.**

Comment

• Yippee! It will be here (almost) for X-Mas (2033) ! Thank you, MRC EU and FedEx! 😉

Click image for larger version  Name:	9BD4D57B-3C4E-4F89-9B6E-6F15B6F025B5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.5 KB ID:	370618

Comment

Noted: Reverse is already pre-programmed into the ESC and works immediately. .
                                          Immediately as in all you have to do is connect up the channel and it will be functional?

Or immediately as in the fan attempts to change direction as soon as the reverse switch is activated, even if spinning at full speed?

Comment

Working...
                                          X