Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion has yet to post any reviews though the site says 4.7stars with 34 reviews.

Edit- Reviews are up. 34 reviews and only two are critical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rayant View Post
      What range do you have set on the flaps? In the manual it says LOW RATE 11 mm. and at HIGH RATE 19 mm. They are right?.
      The one thing that is really critical with the flaps is ensure that they don't allow the wings to sweep back with them deployed. You need to ensure this on both low rate and high rate. The onboard gyro takes care of the logic for this so you just have to ensure that you have enough travel in low and high rate for the gyro to 'see' flaps are deployed.

Comment

• After reading a few posts about the flap hinges, I decided to check mine out of an abundance of caution. I discovered that the right wing had very little glue on the hinges, and the left wing had a tad bit more, but all the hinges were relatively easy to pop off. This is definitely something you need to check if you own this plane. I haven't flown it yet, but I am glad I decided to check those hinges. Waiting to upgrade the swing-wing push rods.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post
          After reading a few posts about the flap hinges, I decided to check mine out of an abundance of caution. I discovered that the right wing had very little glue on the hinges, and the left wing had a tad bit more, but all the hinges were relatively easy to pop off. This is definitely something you need to check if you own this plane. I haven't flown it yet, but I am glad I decided to check those hinges. Waiting to upgrade the swing-wing push rods.
          Pretty much as expected, the hinges on my example pulled off very easily. In fact they just 'popped off' with a little force with a blade underneath each of them. As I think I mentioned before, it's something I've learned to do with all my EPO models when they are new.

Comment

• Finally got my F-14 complete and was able to get the maiden out of the way. I needed a lot of up trim with the book recommended CG and stabilator neutral position. But no issues.

Maiden was a non-issue. I run flight modes on my flaps, so I was able to get all the trims set and fold the wings back on the maiden for a few passes. This thing flew like it was on rails on a 10-15mph windy day, without the gyro on.

2nd flight was seeing how the gyro affected the flight characteristics. It seemed a little sluggish on the controls, but that may have been me. Get a few fast passes with the wings in and out. I even inadvertently checked the sturdiness of the airframe and the upgrades to the landing gear.

She covers a lot of sky in a short amount of time, so be prepared for that. All in all, I like my 80mm better, just didn't like having to do all the upgrades to get it to fly the way it should. This 64mm version is a winner due to the ease of transport, the flight envelope, and the appearance. Kudos to Freewing and MotionRC.

Comment

Working...
            X