X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post

yep, mine are slow deployment. no issues. Mostly it was my own dumbness for forgetting to put down in the settings. I usually do it, but my radio had to go back to Horizon for a firmware update as it was bricked due to their update. thought I had checked everything, just missed it
    Glad you got it figured out. Have a blast with it. :Cool:

Comment

• Just realised I forgot to post my avanti vid here. Here's a little of what I get up to at my club when there's hardly anyone around and I get the sky to myself.
      ;)

Comment

• awesome video and flying Shirty!

Comment

• As of right now, they are back in stock, just ordered one, I know they sell fast!

Comment

• If you want one, it's best to act fast, too bad its so late in the season, but you'll love it when you get a chance to fly it.
            I'm waiting for the parts to come online as I need a new set of front gear doors and a new nose, goo things to have in stock although the original nose is still in pretty good shape.
            I see the Bearcat wings are in stock as well, so hopefully I can hit it when everything is in stock and not have to order twice.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              If you want one, it's best to act fast, too bad its so late in the season, but you'll love it when you get a chance to fly it.
              I'm waiting for the parts to come online as I need a new set of front gear doors and a new nose, goo things to have in stock although the original nose is still in pretty good shape.
              I see the Bearcat wings are in stock as well, so hopefully I can hit it when everything is in stock and not have to order twice.

Grossman56
              Sorry about that Grossman, I'm in Florida. This will be my first EDF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swisstyphoon View Post
                awesome video and flying Shirty!
                Thanks!!! Lotta fun this jet. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Planeclothes View Post
                  As of right now, they are back in stock, just ordered one, I know they sell fast!
                  You picked the right one for your first EDF:Cool:. This one is loads of fun.

Comment

• Boy, if you blinked you missed out on the Avanti, was on site last night and the were available, BOOM, gone!!
                    What about spare parts??
                    Same with the Bearcat, I thought I'd wait until today to see if the spare parts would come available before I ordered the Bearcat wings, no THEY are out of stock as well.
                    Things move fast ........

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• MRC might want to revisit their MRP system before they start loosing customers to frustration ;)
                      But winter is coming for a lot of us so they have some breathing room to make the fixes.:Smug:
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• It's here! Thank you Motion RC, only 3 business days, that was fast! Now it's time to unbox and have some fun.

Comment

• Could someone please tell me the diameter of the main axles and the approximate length

Comment

• Hey Planeclothes, let the party begin. Watch the Ailerons, I rolled the throughs down to 80% as they are pretty touchy, other than that, she's a great plane.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Hey Pilots; I thought I'd share a little video of my own I just uploaded..

put up on the big screen and turn up the volume! :)

Kenny

Comment

• Originally posted by HANGER FIFTYONE View Post
                                Hey Pilots; I thought I'd share a little video of my own I just uploaded..

put up on the big screen and turn up the volume! :)

Kenny
                                Nice work on the video Kenny!
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Has anyone done a good lot of level flight stall testing? I've seen a video of someone trying stalls, but they were from near vertical climbs. I'm looking to find out how it stalls in level flight. Has anyone done a lot of testing of that? With and without flaps? With and without gear down?

In particular, I'm wondering if someone has done a thorough job of the above flight testing, then added wing fences and thoroughly re-test the difference?

Thanks so much, Russ T.

Comment

• Originally posted by russ t View Post
                                    Has anyone done a good lot of level flight stall testing? I've seen a video of someone trying stalls, but they were from near vertical climbs. I'm looking to find out how it stalls in level flight. Has anyone done a lot of testing of that? With and without flaps? With and without gear down?

In particular, I'm wondering if someone has done a thorough job of the above flight testing, then added wing fences and thoroughly re-test the difference?

Thanks so much, Russ T.
                                    The stall is very benign. If you have the CG aft it will tend to roll off to one side or the other. I do not have wing fences on mine. My flying buddy has the fences on his. On landing, if I get to slow the airplane with start to wing rock a little bit. The one with the fences doesn't exhibit this behavior.

Rick

Comment

• Just pulled the trigger on mine, added the clear canopy so I can paint the inside transparent blue, ordered some CF plate to make the NG reinforcement plate and got a great deal on some main wheels with electric brakes, still reading thru to see if I can pick up on more of your ideas this is a great site here is the link for the brakes I guess he has a butt load of them
                                      https://www.ebay.com/itm/JP-Part-65m...53.m2749.l2649

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick1999 View Post
                                        Just pulled the trigger on mine, added the clear canopy so I can paint the inside transparent blue, ordered some CF plate to make the NG reinforcement plate and got a great deal on some main wheels with electric brakes, still reading thru to see if I can pick up on more of your ideas this is a great site here is the link for the brakes I guess he has a butt load of them
                                        https://www.ebay.com/itm/JP-Part-65m...53.m2749.l2649
                                        What size wheel we're you planning on using for the mains? I've been looking at these too.

Comment

• Hey Ron Lake,

The factory main wheels on the Avanti are 2.5 inches so if you buy the 65mm wheels with brakes as I did, the main wheels will be 2.56 inches. All is good.
                                          The nose wheel on the Avanti is 2.75 inches. The electric brakes add a little more weight to the plane but you're not going to notice it at all.

Hope this has been of some help to you.

Cheers.... and Blue Skies to ya....:f4phantom

Comment

Working...
                                          X