Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have 6 Avantis at our field. Last weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0EK...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Just ordered the High Perf Yellow Avanti, but am wondering if anyone has stuffed the 90mm 9B fan and motor in one of these yet. Have fan and esc from a crashed F4 that i would like to find a home for.

Comment

• Wouldn't be worth the effort in my opinion.
        These things fly *faaaantastic* on the 80mm setup and you don't have to support it with the big pack required for a 90mm fan.
        Best "bang for the buck" is the 9-blade Inrunner setup (from the T-33), but the stock 12-blade Hi Performance is no slouch either.
        I'd recommend flying it stock first before hogging it out for the 90mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie9859901 View Post
          We have 6 Avantis at our field. Last weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0EK...ature=youtu.be
          Wow Jeff, your club has a nice collection of planes/jets and really enjoyed watching the video. Saw some great flying and mostly real nice landings. Loved the Avanti knife Edge above the runway.

The only difference between you and me is that I would have posted the video and said "look at all my planes that I got to fly today, the only flight not mine was the bounced landing of the F-4 that I let my wife try"!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie9859901 View Post
            We have 6 Avantis at our field. Last weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0EK...ature=youtu.be
            Wow, great video! Looks like a fun club.

Comment

• Originally posted by AceMigKiller View Post
              Wouldn't be worth the effort in my opinion.
              These things fly *faaaantastic* on the 80mm setup and you don't have to support it with the big pack required for a 90mm fan.
              Best "bang for the buck" is the 9-blade Inrunner setup (from the T-33), but the stock 12-blade Hi Performance is no slouch either.
              I'd recommend flying it stock first before hogging it out for the 90mm.
              AceMigKiller agree with you completely, no need to use the 90mm 9 blade fan from the F4, besides, that particular fan really makes an annoying whine. Keep it lighter and more nimble with the 80mm inrunner, already goes faster than these things I call eyes can follow it. Back a year ago (despite what was in any of the manuals) when I got my Red Avanti, it came with the 9 blade 3658-1920Kv inrunner, which was a nice upgrade from the Yellow Avanti that had a 12 blade 3530-1680 Kv outrunner. That's one of the reason I opted for the Red over the Yellow and Alpha even admitted that the 9 blade inrunner was lighter/more efficient/faster that the 12 blade outrunner, at that time. And for some reason, that 9 blade does not have the typical "whine" but instead more of a whoosh like the 12 blades (or maybe I'm dreaming, but other 9 blade EDF's of mine are obnoxious and the 12 blades are great, IMO). The Red Avanti at that time was definitely faster than the Yellow and I can easily get well over 5 minutes of very aggressive flying.

At the present time, I noticed that both the Red and the Yellow now come with the the same 12 blade 3658-1857 Kv inrunner, which is a $108 fan, $50 more than either the original EDF's. I bought mine in Sept. of last year for $340 and now it cost only $15 more, but has a $50 more expensive fan in it, WAY TO GO MOTION! Now upgrade the A-10 with 80mm 12 blade inrunners since it is out of stock and I don't want to spend $200 to upgrade it when I buy it.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Here's a question for all you Futaba guys out there. Specifically owners of the Futaba 14SG transmitter that isn't coded to run the T-FHSS receivers.

Have you got fed up of the glitches with the blue box and run all channels to a receiver with many channels instead? If so which receiver have you opted for? Did you go many channels. Or SBUS with decoder and programmer so that the non SBUS servos know what they need to do. Or have you simply used Y leads and kept the blue box just for lights and gear?

Also have you been able to retain the balance lead style wing connectors?

And finally if I wanted battery cell voltage telemetry as well what is the best way to achieve this?

Any help greatly appreciated

Comment

• Carlbrainiac "blue box"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach9 View Post
                    Sorry i mean the multi function control box

Comment

• actually found my issue was a faulty rudder servo in the end. Have submitted a ticket to motion

Comment

• I finally flew the Avanti's big brother. It flies a lot like the smaller one, actually. Bert and Ernie lived to see another day. At least for now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_121512.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	261761Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_155200.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	261762Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_155235.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	261763

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                          I finally flew the Avanti's big brother. It flies a lot like the smaller one, actually. Bert and Ernie lived to see another day. At least for now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_121512.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	261761Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_155200.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	261762Click image for larger version

Name:	20200627_155235.jpg
Views:	981
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	261763
                          EDF or Turbine?

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post

EDF or Turbine?
                            120mm EDF on 12S x 6000. The fan is 17blade carbon fiber, from this site: http://www.3dfrezovani.cz/dmychadlo120en.html. The motor is Het Typhoon 800-68/685 kv.

Comment

120mm EDF on 12S x 6000. The fan is 17blade carbon fiber, from this site: http://www.3dfrezovani.cz/dmychadlo120en.html. The motor is Het Typhoon 800-68/685 kv.
                              Very nice. Was the 120mm a tight fit? Any mods required? I know most people do this just 90mm 6s or 8s

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post

Very nice. Was the 120mm a tight fit? Any mods required? I know most people do this just 90mm 6s or 8s
                                I think that is a different fuse. The one suitable for 90mm is the 1.36m long "Mini Avanti S" from Sebart. This is the "Avanti XS" which is 1.9m long. They look exactly alike though, apart from size.

Comment

I think that is a different fuse. The one suitable for 90mm is the 1.36m long "Mini Avanti S" from Sebart. This is the "Avanti XS" which is 1.9m long. They look exactly alike though, apart from size.
                                  ahh that explains a lot

Comment

Well, I typed a wrong number, and it seems there is no edit function.
                                    The Freewing 80mm EDF is 1.3m long with 1.24m span.
                                    The Sebart 90mm EDF is 1.42m long with 1.36m span.
                                    The Sebart 120mm EDF is 1.9m long with 1.8m span.

It was a lot of fun to build and fly this big one, but the 80mm foam Avanti is soooo much more practical as an everyday flyer. The foam version can go about as fast as the big one, and can go much, much slower. It can land at a crawl, unlike the 10kg+ monster. Of course the big one is a bit more impressive in fast pass close by, but otherwise they look very similar in the air.

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                                      I’m new to this forum and after reading over 140 pages I was curious if anyone figured out the flap issue?
                                      my Avanti has been sitting on the bench assembled and ready to go for a few weeks now. Also after going through all of those pages no one mentioned anything about the flap geometry or finding mine seem to work fine just wondering if that was an issue??
                                      just trying to avoid a problem before I have one!
                                      Thanks

Comment

• Not finding, Binding
                                        I need to learn to proofread

Comment

• Originally posted by Gman61 View Post
                                          Hi Guys,
                                          I’m new to this forum and after reading over 140 pages I was curious if anyone figured out the flap issue?
                                          my Avanti has been sitting on the bench assembled and ready to go for a few weeks now. Also after going through all of those pages no one mentioned anything about the flap geometry or finding mine seem to work fine just wondering if that was an issue??
                                          just trying to avoid a problem before I have one!
                                          Thanks
                                          it's an intermittent fault in the multi function control board. If you want to be reassured then only way is put in a receiver with enough channels to handle everything without having to go through the multi function control board.

Comment

Working...
                                          X