Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use canopy glue for gluing the canopy to the foam. It dries quickly and is clear on drying. I tried other products; however, these were messy and were often visible on drying, or caused issue with the canopy. I hope this helps. Oh, a good servo tester is a must for building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk Pascandrea. This is what I have found to be good for the job.
      I got it thanks for your advice

Comment

• I used the glue that came with it but would not do it again. It dries VERY VERY fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach9 View Post
          I used the glue that came with it but would not do it again. It dries VERY VERY fast.
          i didn t get any glue with the plane ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascandrea View Post
            i didn t get any glue with the plane ...
            Should have been a small white tube of glue in the parts bag...

Comment

• Any idea when more will be in stock?
              A short time ago in a bean field far far away an Avanti attacked the ground head-on. The battle was short but fierce as the ground ate the front of the brave jet up to it's glorious wings. It was a long rugged trek to rescue the once lively young soul. It layed still, swallowed in green with the occasional faint squawk of pain as if it would not give up until it's last electron was gone. The plug was pulled and the mangled machine was returned home for mourning by those that came before. An autopsy of the carnage revealed that the right aileron horn had pulled out causing the untimely demise. We will miss you Avanti. Rest in pieces. :(
              I don't suppose that would be any kind of warranty issue.
              I definitely will replace it and rework all of the control horns right out of the box. I like the horns that go all the way through and have a backplate.

Comment

• Looking for suitable size pilots for the Avante,

Comment

• Folks, I need some help please.

I bent my "left" landing gear upon a bad landing. I straightened out the aluminum strut connected to the wheel, so that the gear now retracts relatively well. But I have managed to warp the strut a little bit, introducing too much friction to the join, such that the suspension no longer works very well. It's time I replaced it (called the "Rear gear slant supporting rod" on page 14 of the manual).

The trouble is that I don't know that my definition of what is "left" and what is "right" is right. Sigh. So I imagine that I sit in the cockpit, looking forward and seeing the nose of the plane. The strut I damaged is then on my left.

But Motion RC has that gear defined as the "right" gear. See this page: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ut-and-tire-ri. The page is labeled "Main Landing Gear Strut and Wheel - Right". But the picture appears to show the gear that I would define as the "left" gear.

If I google by that Sku: FJ21211086, I find http://www.hobby-paradise.com/en/cat...ct_detail.html. This page also defines the part as "Main Landing Gear Strut and Wheel - Right", but now IT SHOWS THE PICTURE FOR THE LEFT GEAR, as I would define it!

One can be forgiven for thinking that if the wrong part is delivered, it's no big deal. Just remove the tiny retaining ring from a bolt, one could reverse the "Rear gear slant supporting rod", and be done with it... except that that piece has polarity - the hook for the spring is reversed on left and right.

What am I to do?
                  Thanks
                  Fred

Comment

• Your right about if you imagine setting in the cockpit the right gear would be on your right...
                    To be safe, I would call in my order just to make sure you get the right one and don't have to hassle with making it work...
                    I didn't look at the page but sounds to me like a typo...

Comment

• Mach9 and Fred, please contact Customer Service at 224-633-9090, they're on holiday today but will be back in action tomorrow!

Mikejones, I used the 1/10 scale modern jet pilot bust at JetHangar.com. Well detailed and looks great when painted up. It was sized well enough for me. I found the 1/12 scale too small.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• We've got lots more on the way. Even more in production, too. Can we say "Non-stop"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170831_134027.jpg
Views:	1110
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	95469

Thank you to everyone whose support made our Avanti such a massive hit this year!
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Another shout out for Jet Hangar Hobbies pilot figures. They are incredible molds with lots of detail, paint adheres well, and are amazingly light for their size. Well worth every penny in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                            We've got lots more on the way. Even more in production, too. Can we say "Non-stop"?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170831_134027.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.4 KB ID:	95469

Thank you to everyone whose support made our Avanti such a massive hit this year!
                            My favorite plane by Freewing, and the A-10 isn't far off in terms of all time favorite releases by Freewing (and the talented dude that never rests.....you LOL).

Comment

Mach9 and Fred, please contact Customer Service at 224-633-9090, they're on holiday today but will be back in action tomorrow!
                              Thanks. I will try, but will be at work. I ordered both of these to be on the safe side.

In comparison, see the TA 152 landing gears. This is labeled "left", in accordance with how I see left and right, and the picture appears to be right: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...ding-gear-left.

See my left landing gear:

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                                Your right about if you imagine setting in the cockpit the right gear would be on your right...
                                To be safe, I would call in my order just to make sure you get the right one and don't have to hassle with making it work...
                                I didn't look at the page but sounds to me like a typo...
                                Thanks. I ordered both. See my reply and picture to Alpha.MotionRC above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fred View Post
                                  Folks, I need some help please.

I bent my "left" landing gear upon a bad landing. I straightened out the aluminum strut connected to the wheel, so that the gear now retracts relatively well. But I have managed to warp the strut a little bit, introducing too much friction to the join, such that the suspension no longer works very well. It's time I replaced it (called the "Rear gear slant supporting rod" on page 14 of the manual).

The trouble is that I don't know that my definition of what is "left" and what is "right" is right. Sigh. So I imagine that I sit in the cockpit, looking forward and seeing the nose of the plane. The strut I damaged is then on my left.

But Motion RC has that gear defined as the "right" gear. See this page: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ut-and-tire-ri. The page is labeled "Main Landing Gear Strut and Wheel - Right". But the picture appears to show the gear that I would define as the "left" gear.

If I google by that Sku: FJ21211086, I find http://www.hobby-paradise.com/en/cat...ct_detail.html. This page also defines the part as "Main Landing Gear Strut and Wheel - Right", but now IT SHOWS THE PICTURE FOR THE LEFT GEAR, as I would define it!

One can be forgiven for thinking that if the wrong part is delivered, it's no big deal. Just remove the tiny retaining ring from a bolt, one could reverse the "Rear gear slant supporting rod", and be done with it... except that that piece has polarity - the hook for the spring is reversed on left and right.

What am I to do?
                                  Thanks
                                  Fred
                                  Hello Fred,
                                  Actually your google of the Hobby Paradise link is really the right(stbd) side and your analysis of it being the left is incorrect.
                                  Here is the left(port):
                                  http://www.hobby-paradise.com/en/pro...5gubp16f7l8hn6

I did look at the Motion parts page and carefully reviewed the struts against the pics of the aircraft with gear down and your opinion on Motions description is they do have the right/left reversed.
                                  This is the actual left strut even though it is labeled right................https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ut-and-tire-ri
                                  Paging Aros.....Paging Aros for a couple product page corrections.;)
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• To provide some additional help :Cool: on product descriptions and specs, the Avanti S product page specs. state a 1800kv motor, when it's an 1850kv motor. Also, on the Spare Parts section for the Avanti, the 1800kv motor is listed and not the 1850kv. I've pulled two Avanti power systems now to check the motor KV stamp and it is indeed 1850kv.

Comment

• I think FJ21211086 is the right strut but the photo is showing the left. https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...ut-and-tire-ri There are 3 items to match - the part number, the photo and the actual part.

Comment

We've got lots more on the way. Even more in production, too. Can we say "Non-stop"?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170831_134027.jpg
Views:	1110
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	95469

YAY!!! I need one of those!

Comment

• Hey guys,

I am finishing up my Avanti S and putting an Aura 8 stabilizer in it. The model details show that it has digital servos but no mention if the servo-less landing gear are digital as well.

Question - is it safe to set my servo type to "Digital"?

Thanks,

JC

Comment

Working...
                                          X