Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for all the input on the aileron rates. I have a Habu 32 that I run with 8 cells and a Tamjet fan. The ailerons on that move a fraction of what the Avanti’’s do. I’m going to make my high rate to the suggested low rate and go down from there. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by coz375 View Post
      Thanks for all the input on the aileron rates. I have a Habu 32 that I run with 8 cells and a Tamjet fan. The ailerons on that move a fraction of what the Avanti’’s do. I’m going to make my high rate to the suggested low rate and go down from there. Thanks for the help.
      I have had my Habu 32 for many years. Mine had the Tamjet fan running on 8s. Just for kicks, bought the ARF/Kit Plus version of the FW Avanti S and installed the Tamjet setup from the Habu. I installed a thrust tube as well. I've had so much fun with it that I don't plan on putting it back into the Habu.

Do you need a backup airframe for your Habu? I have everything you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crashmaster View Post

I have had my Habu 32 for many years. Mine had the Tamjet fan running on 8s. Just for kicks, bought the ARF/Kit Plus version of the FW Avanti S and installed the Tamjet setup from the Habu. I installed a thrust tube as well. I've had so much fun with it that I don't plan on putting it back into the Habu.

I would like to know what your Tamjet setup is for the Avanti. Motor, speed control and battery set up...
        Thanks
        Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post

I would like to know what your Tamjet setup is for the Avanti. Motor, speed control and battery set up...
          Thanks
          Tom
          I have an early version of the fan in the link, below. My fan has fewer blades. It is a plug-and-play package with the ESC in the tailcone for better cooling. I use a 4400 MaH 8s Thunderpower 70c battery pack. I built and installed a custom thrust tube for better efficiency. I get unlimited vertical, and over 4 minutes of flying time with throttle management.

http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=751

Comment

• Hi
            Grossman56,

Thanks for the heads up on the tubing fix.. I have added Top Gun's mod and will do this one also... keeping that nose up on the take off run will make a huge difference!!

Also have to give a shout out to MRC for great customer service!! I placed an order Monday morning and asked them to get it in the mail the same day so that I could add the pilots to the cockpit prior to a fun fly I am going to on Friday.. package arrived Wed afternoon and they are now in place and ready to FLY!!!!
            The G-91 pilots are a good fit.. just added a bit of paint to each to make them a bit different...

Stan

Comment

Thanks for the offer. How much do you want for it?

Comment

I have an early version of the fan in the link, below. My fan has fewer blades. It is a plug-and-play package with the ESC in the tailcone for better cooling. I use a 4400 MaH 8s Thunderpower 70c battery pack. I built and installed a custom thrust tube for better efficiency. I get unlimited vertical, and over 4 minutes of flying time with throttle management.

http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=751
                Hey Crash,
                Thanks for the info...
                Have you flown this beside a stock Avanti?
                Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference between the two. I'm sure it would be faster, but it would have to be significant to spend $600 bucks unless it's a real hotrod. If you already have it laying around that's another thing...
                Thanks again for the info...
                Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by coz375 View Post

Thanks for the offer. How much do you want for it?
                  PM'd

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post
                    Hey Crash,
                    Thanks for the info...
                    Have you flown this beside a stock Avanti?
                    Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference between the two. I'm sure it would be faster, but it would have to be significant to spend $600 bucks unless it's a real hotrod. If you already have it laying around that's another thing...
                    Thanks again for the info...
                    Tom
                    That's the thing. I had the fan already and I was tired of flying the plane I bought it for. If I didn't already have the PNP fan unit, I definitely would not buy it for the FW Avanti S.

I have flown it beside a stock Avanti S that a friend of mine in our flying club owns. To say that there is a noticeable difference in overall performance would be an understatement.

I don't know how much better the performance would need to be compared to the stock setup for you to describe it as "significantly" better, but even after flying it, I still would not spend that kind of money to have it in the FW Avanti S.

Don't get me wrong. I am having an absolute blast flying the Avanti S with this fan setup, and I don't plan to put it back into the Habu 32.

I hope this helps.

Comment

That's the thing. I had the fan already and I was tired of flying the plane I bought it for. If I didn't already have the PNP fan unit, I definitely would not buy it for the FW Avanti S.

I have flown it beside a stock Avanti S that a friend of mine in our flying club owns. To say that there is a noticeable difference in overall performance would be an understatement.

I don't know how much better the performance would need to be compared to the stock setup for you to describe it as "significantly" better, but even after flying it, I still would not spend that kind of money to have it in the FW Avanti S.

Don't get me wrong. I am having an absolute blast flying the Avanti S with this fan setup, and I don't plan to put it back into the Habu 32.

I hope this helps.
                      Thanks, I appreciate the info...

Comment

• My mod to get rid of nose gear excessive play.

A friend of mine is making me a nose gear brace/support from a clear plastic/resin. (There are white cover stickers on protecting the surface).

This is a photo of a prototype that's slightly too long, but once it's the right size with holes for the nose gear screws then we should be good to go!

It'll just glue in place.

If theres enough interest I'll look at making a few more.

Ben

Comment

• Hey Ben,

Sure is great that you are taken credit for a mod that I designed and
                          shared with the group on message #1446 and #1452 all included
                          with pictures. Give credit where credit is due. I don't think you had
                          an Avanti when I posted the mod.Besides, you are only showing part
                          of the mod.

Enjoy.

Cheers.... and Black Skies to ya!!! :f4phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by BenAtkinsonUK View Post
                            My mod to get rid of nose gear excessive play.

A friend of mine is making me a nose gear brace/support from a clear plastic/resin. (There are white cover stickers on protecting the surface).

This is a photo of a prototype that's slightly too long, but once it's the right size with holes for the nose gear screws then we should be good to go!

It'll just glue in place.

If theres enough interest I'll look at making a few more.

Ben
                            Are you able to do a .stl file of your part ?
                            like this the 3d printer's owner could also do it

Comment

• Happily i could find the way to have a better land with this bird, i really love it ...
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun View Post
                                Hey Ben,

Sure is great that you are taken credit for a mod that I designed and
                                shared with the group on message #1446 and #1452 all included
                                with pictures. Give credit where credit is due. I don't think you had
                                an Avanti when I posted the mod.Besides, you are only showing part
                                of the mod.

Enjoy.

Cheers.... and Black Skies to ya!!! :f4phantom
                                Blimey! Wrong end of the stick.

Absolutely credit where credit is due its your mod and it's this where this has come from, I'm not claiming that I've designed it - my neighbour has after we measured it AFTER we looked at photos of your mod.

Apologies I didn't mention you - thought I was being helpful!

Ben

Comment

• Anyone using an LED afterburner?

Comment

• Yeparoo. The RCLander three color AB ring for a 70mm jet fits like a charm on the the tail of this Avanti. RC-Castle among some additional vendors sell it.

There should be pics in this thread of mine somewhere, or maybe that was RCg, but can't remember.

Comment

• Hey Plainclothes, TopGun here.

I am using a led afterburner and here are a few pictures of it.
                                      This system has three colors, goes from blue , yellow, then red. Works
                                      really well and if you notice I added a nozzle to it as well instead of
                                      just having the leds sticking out the back. Enjoy!

Cheers... and Blue Skies to ya.....:f4phantom

Click image for larger version  Name:	Afterburner6.JPG Views:	2 Size:	31.8 KB ID:	97884Click image for larger version  Name:	Afterburner2.JPG Views:	2 Size:	38.5 KB ID:	97883Click image for larger version  Name:	Afterburner3.JPG Views:	2 Size:	34.8 KB ID:	97882Click image for larger version  Name:	Afterburner4.JPG Views:	2 Size:	32.4 KB ID:	97881Click image for larger version  Name:	Afterburner5.JPG Views:	2 Size:	32.0 KB ID:	97880Click image for larger version  Name:	Afterburner1.JPG Views:	2 Size:	40.9 KB ID:	97879Click image for larger version  Name:	Afterburner0.JPG Views:	2 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	97878

Comment

• T-Cat posted this back in May about the 70mm AB install.. Thread 1147..I believe he was the first to install it..

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGun View Post
                                          really well and if you notice I added a nozzle to it as well instead of
                                          just having the leds sticking out the back. Enjoy!

]
                                          What nozzle did you use? Gives it a clean look.

Comment

Working...
                                          X