Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew my f86 with tiger meet power system wow take off distance reduced by 50 percent .pic of the day has a before vid and a link to an after vid 15 mph speed increase faster than my avanti now
    F86 with 9 blade tiger meet power system. 90mph + level flight.FLAPS malfuntioned so no flap landing 8 to 10 mph winds

Comment

• sweet

Comment

• the take off was no flaps also obviously.. about 30ft and a steep clime out

Comment

• That looks really nice man. :)

Comment

• that was a shake down flight want to strech it out this weekend and try some verticals:)

Comment

• not sure how your vert will increase. but with the upgrade in runner its great!!! I have to throttle back to make it come back down lol good luck with it

Comment

• speed run with tiger meet power 104mph 3.95 per cell after flight:Cool:

Comment

• nice vid...id have to take a chainsaw for those trees lol love my f86 also

Comment

• I live at this airfield it's my backyard got a 30 foot hanger full of planes don't have too travel I will put up with the trees..for now;)

Comment

• I've had my F-86 for a while, but I am just now getting started on wrapping and building it. I am going to do mine as a WV Air Guard plane.

Anything major I need to watch out for in the build?

Comment

• What are you covering it with?

Comment

• I am using Oracal 751 series vinyl film. It is a peel and stick, self adhesive, film commonly used for vinyl signs and vehicle wraps. I have wrapped several foam planes with it. I think it looks good, but perhaps as important, it protects the foam from day to day bumps and my less than perfect landings. It weighs about 17 grams per square foot, so I'm not adding much more weight than if I painted the model.

Comment

• Is it hard to work with? Looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                              Is it hard to work with? Looks great!
                              Thanks

There is a mild learning curve to it, but once you play with it a bit, it gets pretty easy. I can usually cover a 1400mm plane in a week or two of evenings.

My planes are not contest winners, but they look good from a few feet and in the air. I started doing this to cover the foam look of some of my early foamys, but now I do it as much for the protection of the foam.

It has been awhile but I posted a little "how to" in the tips section.

Below are some of the planes I have wrapped. Like I said, my goal is for them to look good from a few feet.

Comment

• man those are nice...id have wrinkels all over the place where or what kit is that t38? nice

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                  man those are nice...id have wrinkels all over the place where or what kit is that t38? nice
                                  Thanks,

The T-38 is a modified Freewing F-5.

Comment

• I decided to use Callie’s Hartmann decals. This is by far my easiest EDF to fly

Comment

• found out that freewing quit making the 1820kv in runner .. that's the upgrade motor for a6 and f86 anybody know a better powerfull replacement fan?

anyone ever try the fms 2000kv inrunner fan? says it puts out 6.25 lbs thrust

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                        found out that freewing quit making the 1820kv in runner .. that's the upgrade motor for a6 and f86 anybody know a better powerfull replacement fan?

anyone ever try the fms 2000kv inrunner fan? says it puts out 6.25 lbs thrust
                                        I haven’t with an 80mm but I put a FMS fan in my 90mm F-16 and it was a big difference. It was only about $80. I did have to replace the ESC to a YEP 150, but the two components were cheaper than the FW Inrunner

Comment

• Try the A-10 fan.

Comment

Working...
                                          X