X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you measuring the CG?
    Sounds to me like you are doing something wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
      Just brought the Mig 29 with the new set up for the elevator .It has metal servos and a metal push rod .I am having trouble getting the COG right .It is fine with 2 4000 lipos but if I put one 5000 lipo has far forward has I can at the rear and has far forward on the top battery tray but the COG is to far back and if I get the COG correct the top 5000 is to far forward I can not close the canopy .Same with the 6000 lipos .To get the COG correct with 2 5000 or 2 6000 I will have to add 6oz of lead in the nose .Has anyone else come across this or am I the only one that can not get the COG right with out adding lead in the nose on the 5000 or 6000 batteries .I am a bit confused I thought the COG would be OK by just moving the lipos around with out adding lead
      as everyone said , something is not right . i fly this bird with genis 6500mah and the HRB 4000mah and i can get the CG 10mm AFT
      the 4000 will fit far back in the front bay and far forward at the back bay. each battery weight 600G althought the HRB that i use went once to 3.71V and when i charge it , it took 5300mah to reach 4.2V so i assume the HRB 4000 is actually 5500mah minimum
      with the 6500 will fit as much forword as u can in the middle bay while u can close the canopy ( u might need to cut a little foam from the canopy to fit perfectly ) and the second one will fit exactly where the 4000 fits at the back bay. each battery weight 705G attached an image for the middle bay battery location
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Hey Chris, spoke with Jarrett and him and the warehouse are working hard to rectify this, but it appears you created multiple tickets for the same incident, so you receive a closed ticket for one of them as they are trying to clean up the ticket system and maybe some of the replies have gone astray from the open ones. They are working on it, you will be taken care of for sure
        hey James
        thanks for your participation here and your prompt replays . i bought 2 migs from my local hobby shop one on may which has a production date of OCT 2020 ( which had the 23g elevator servos )
        and the second one last week which had a production date of JULY 2021 .. my Q is , which elevator servos that came preinstalled on that batch ? . i didnt find any extra elevator servos or rods inside the box . and from what i read on motion RC website( and correct me if i'm wrong ) that any orders that shipped since may has the extra package inside the box

Comment

• Where are you finding a production date?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
            Where are you finding a production date?
            on the box it states the date of production . if u want , when i reach home i can take a picture of it and share it with u

Comment

• Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post

on the box it states the date of production . if u want , when i reach home i can take a picture of it and share it with u
              Production of what? The kit, the box, or the label?

Comment

• Please, I don't save boxes though I do have a few NIB kits stashed in the attic.

Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post

Comment

• masterssls1 - Hard to say. First, I am not sure what Hobby shop would sell the MiG (if you're in the states) as we are the exclusive dealer for Freewing so they would have to buy from us which would make reselling it difficult as it would be far more expensive for the shop to turn a profit. So if the shop did buy from us then they would have had a package of servos shipped out if they were in that first batch. I believe our customer service would be the best option for you to call to get more answers as I am not really sure what should have what at this point

Comment

masterssls1 - Hard to say. First, I am not sure what Hobby shop would sell the MiG (if you're in the states) as we are the exclusive dealer for Freewing so they would have to buy from us which would make reselling it difficult as it would be far more expensive for the shop to turn a profit. So if the shop did buy from us then they would have had a package of servos shipped out if they were in that first batch. I believe our customer service would be the best option for you to call to get more answers as I am not really sure what should have what at this point
                    thanks James for your replay , very attendant as always . i'm not in US nor Europe . and i'm not sure that if my local shop bought is from motion RC so. i dont know if it would be agood idea to contact Motion rc costumer service

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      Please, I don't save boxes though I do have a few NIB kits stashed in the attic.

here is both of them
                      Attached Files

Comment

thanks James for your replay , very attendant as always . i'm not in US nor Europe . and i'm not sure that if my local shop bought is from motion RC so. i dont know if it would be agood idea to contact Motion rc costumer service
                        Yeah no, that wouldn't help then. To be honest, I still have the original MiG-29 I got to make the videos you see and I never changed the servos and never had an issue. I made a video showing how to change them, but didn't actually change anything.

Comment

Yeah no, that wouldn't help then. To be honest, I still have the original MiG-29 I got to make the videos you see and I never changed the servos and never had an issue. I made a video showing how to change them, but didn't actually change anything.
                          i honestly did every move and maneuver in the book with both migs aggressively and so far i never had an issue . but i never use flaps nether takeoff nor landing . and i even tried to stall this servos by hand and i added weight to it ( about 3kg on each servo ) but it never stalled ! i dont know , i might be lucky with my plane but again i bought 2 and they both are fine !!!

Comment

i honestly did every move and maneuver in the book with both migs aggressively and so far i never had an issue . but i never use flaps nether takeoff nor landing . and i even tried to stall this servos by hand and i added weight to it ( about 3kg on each servo ) but it never stalled ! i dont know , i might be lucky with my plane but again i bought 2 and they both are fine !!!
                            Except for one ............................. Did you ever do a high speed run with the flaps down? It seems that's when the crashes happened. I've dropped flaps (1/2 and full) at speed and nothing bad ever happened. The camera I had mounted on one of the wing pylons showed the elevator flex a bit during aggressive inputs but nothing alarming. Others have also recorded the elevator control horns flexing but again, nothing alarming. Those first few crashes recorded in Asia when this plane was new are still a mystery to me but I haven't heard of any such crashes for a while now. I've personally seen one of these MiGs do a high alpha stall resulting in a slow, unrecovered fall into a pond. I believe that VT nozzles could have saved it.

Comment

• Thanks! I remember seeing the dates but I never thought about them…

Originally posted by masterssls1 View Post

here is both of them

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                Except for one ............................. Did you ever do a high speed run with the flaps down? It seems that's when the crashes happened. I've dropped flaps (1/2 and full) at speed and nothing bad ever happened. The camera I had mounted on one of the wing pylons showed the elevator flex a bit during aggressive inputs but nothing alarming. Others have also recorded the elevator control horns flexing but again, nothing alarming. Those first few crashes recorded in Asia when this plane was new are still a mystery to me but I haven't heard of any such crashes for a while now. I've personally seen one of these MiGs do a high alpha stall resulting in a slow, unrecovered fall into a pond. I believe that VT nozzles could have saved it.
                                i'm sorry to hear that. yes i saw those videos of the videos in Asia and by far i feel it was mix between a CG issue ( being nose heavy by the book ) and deploying flaps while doing high speed full throttle pass . of course there is 100s of pages about this so i cant just write one line in a paragraph thinking i'm a smart *ss and i figured it out !!!
                                for what it worth i think all of those factors ( servos being 17G, deploying flaps with full throttle and make a turn which can create an non linear air line that can exceed the frame capacity , flexing rods and nose heavy CG location which could keep stressing on the elevator servo for sometime . all of those worked together in a very few cases that lead to a failure.
                                and YES TV can be a safe way to handle this plane which adds to the fun too

Comment

• Need to maiden my new Mig 29 but the weather here in the UK is awful at the moment. Is the factory C of G OK and should I maiden it at the mark under the wings or do has a lot of people are telling me to have Cof C about 10mm to the rear of the factory Cof G???

​​

Comment

Funny not heard of one Mig 29 crash with so called elevator problem for ages. So was there really a problem or just a lot of pilot error then blamed it on the elevator problem. Every Mig 29 I have seen fly, fly great with not hint of a problem. Waiting to maiden mine if the weather here in the UK ever get better 🇬🇧

​​
                                    Hi TM,

I propose the following:

- many are now flying MiGs with mods
                                    - pilot experience <MiG> continues to increase
                                    - posts in this forum and others are raising the knowledge level and awareness of the general MiG pilot population

While the MiG remains my favorite bird of the planes I fly, it does surprise me still when I get lazy and let it approach a coffin corner of its flight envelop. But, with the knowledge and experience gained, so far…these surprises are non-events. Many pilots have incorporated the MiG thrust line characteristics into neat aerobatic maneuvers.

Just watching the videos posted in the past provides evidence of the potential surprises and the recovery methods. One recent video by AirGuardian showed the recovery from high alpha lock can be challenging even with his high MiG experience level.

Several early videos documented the problem is REAL.
                                    With mods and increasing pilot experience, the number of times the problem rears its head has decreased. Combination of thrust line and air loads on the FFSs from flap deflection at high speed equate to the need to be vigilant when flying the MiG….but still have lots of fun, too!

Stay alert, and stay sharp.

-GG

Comment

i'm sorry to hear that. yes i saw those videos of the videos in Asia and by far i feel it was mix between a CG issue ( being nose heavy by the book ) and deploying flaps while doing high speed full throttle pass .. . . . . .
                                      Pretty easy to program your transmitter so that flaps can't be deployed when the landing gear is up. Would go a very long way to solving that particular problem.

Comment

Need to maiden my new Mig 29 but the weather here in the UK is awful at the moment. Is the factory C of G OK and should I maiden it at the mark under the wings or do has a lot of people are telling me to have Cof C about 10mm to the rear of the factory Cof G???​​
                                        Set it up 15mm behind the wing molded marks and add 3-5mm reflex to the trailing edge of the wing (ailerons/flaps TE UP). I usually do 3mm for flaps and 5 for ailerons.

I do not recommend to venture further aft with CG unless you also install the VT nozzles because recovering from high alpha lock becomes increasingly more difficult and problematic.

Comment

• Thanks Airguardian. I do that. Just need this wind to calm down here in the UK. Looking forward to maidening this model

Comment

Working...
                                          X